220 UCAS Points Should i take another year and Do AS? Watch

HomeKAZOKU
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Got CCD, didn't expect to get higher then a D in English Lit+Lang as I had no interest in the subject and struggled with it.

So I've got 220 points should I do another year of AS to get some extra points or is their a 1 year college course I can do?

I didn't plan to go the uni this year anyway, I was going to do another course, but now I'm not sure what I should do.
HomeKAZOKU
Rep:
?
Can someone help me please? Anyone?
Henryyyyy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
You can turn your life around in a year if you put effort into it.
I went from B in Maths, C in Eng Lang and E in Biology to getting straight A-A-A in Math/F Math/Statistics within 7 months of teaching myself from home. If you put the effort in you can do anything you want. I'd say if you take it seriously you can teach yourself and get yourself into a far better University this time next year.
Wizzard1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Henryyyyy)
I went from B in Maths, C in Eng Lang and E in Biology to getting straight A-A-A in Math/F Math/Statistics within 7 months of teaching myself from home. If you put the effort in you can do anything you want. I'd say if you take it seriously you can teach yourself and get yourself into a far better University this time next year.
This or a foundation course.

You can get 1 year courses or a 1 year course that when passed autimatically allows you entry to the full 3/4 year course.

It is also possible to move uni's after the foundation year depending on the Uni

look on clearing. If the unis don't appeal to you then it might be worth retaking and choosing unis that suit you
HomeKAZOKU
Rep:
?
(Original post by Henryyyyy)
So do AS levels count for anything in UCAS points. Let's say i got ABB at as would those be helpful at all?
HomeKAZOKU
Rep:
?
(Original post by Wizzard1)
This or a foundation course.

You can get 1 year courses or a 1 year course that when passed autimatically allows you entry to the full 3/4 year course.

It is also possible to move uni's after the foundation year depending on the Uni

look on clearing. If the unis don't appeal to you then it might be worth retaking and choosing unis that suit you
Thank you so much
Kay26
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I got 200 and got offer from derby, Chichester and Gloucestershire.... You can get in thought clearing definitely. Bournemouth wants 220! Good luck
HomeKAZOKU
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kay26)
I got 200 and got offer from derby, Chichester and Gloucestershire.... You can get in thought clearing definitely. Bournemouth wants 220! Good luck
Really! I hope so! I don't want to take any chances :P but if it ends up that i have to go through clearing then >.<
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (280)
27.56%
No (736)
72.44%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise