?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
best place?
CaraHurley
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
GMS is, in the main, a lot more sociable than John Foster, but JF is more modern since it's most recently built. Can't compare them to Opal since I've not seen that one.
fullmonty75
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
If you're going for social reasons defiantly go GMS. Although JoFo has nicer rooms, but they're also the more expensive rooms.. and I think you tend to get more privately educated types in JoFo because of that. Nothing against those types.. just saying...
SirMasterKey
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It won't make a jot of difference to be perfectly honest.
SirMasterKey
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Lana Del Rey)
The John Foster rooms look really nice. How does GMS differ. And what about the common rooms are they nice.

Also is Opal walking distance from the Uni?
Common room for GMS unless it has moved since I was there two years ago, is small and just has a table tennis table in and a few chairs. The JoFo is bigger and nicer with a piano but you can go to either. I went to the JoFo one plenty of times.

GMS has S-bar which is the main bar in halls, all of them do show sport however.

Opal is like a 5-10 minute walk away. Easily walkable.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (257)
26.94%
No (697)
73.06%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise