Turn on thread page Beta

Car Crash watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Homegrownkitten)
    These 'no win no fee' companies will suck you dry, they will probably have 3/4 of your compensation. Carefully read everything, there are all sorts of hidden costs!!
    Well not all of them. But some ask for you to pay out for insurance for if you don't win the case, to cover the fees, so they get paid that way instead.

ReputationRep:
    How much am I looking at getting?

ReputationRep:
    i cant see who you would be claiming from

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gimp)
    i cant see who you would be claiming from
    Nor me

ReputationRep:
    Apparently you can get up to 5k with a whiplash claim. I never claimed though, the bloke didnt have any money, or so he told me...
    ... oh and its not in my nature to be greedy... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    Im never EVER going to speed again, no matter how many times people tell you things you never listen and dont follow the speed limit - but after today Im actually convinced that had he been going a tiny bit faster I would of died/had a serious injury. That extra 5mph just isnt worth it.
    Actually, they discovered it is actually safer to speed than to follow the limit, as this way you don't annoy other drivers and nobody takes any stupid risks. If you don't want to get caught by money traps (speed cameras), then spray your numberplate with hairspray, so camera can't read your plate. That or get a special camera detector.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiffmaster)
    Actually, they discovered it is actually safer to speed than to follow the limit, as this way you don't annoy other drivers and nobody takes any stupid risks. If you don't want to get caught by money traps (speed cameras), then spray your numberplate with hairspray, so camera can't read your plate. That or get a special camera detector.
    Doubt the hairspray thing is all that reliable..

AND I was only doing about 35 in a 30 zone. *******s.. I'll have to wait and see I suppose.. £60 fine would leave me with about umm -£22 in my account. Greeeeeeat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiffmaster)
    thats the biggest load of *******s Ive ever heard.

ReputationRep:
    So yeh today I had a crash. I was stopped waiting to turn right down a road, when a big yellow van crashed into the back at me(dunno the speed). The back of my car is a total write off whilst he has just a little bump. My head must of been centimetres away from the steering whell - another 5 mph and I would of hit it definately. So yeh - anyone else come close to dying today?
    not as bad as that ****in hell bad day then yeah!

ReputationRep:
    So yeh today I had a crash. I was stopped waiting to turn right down a road, when a big yellow van crashed into the back at me(dunno the speed). The back of my car is a total write off whilst he has just a little bump. My head must of been centimetres away from the steering whell - another 5 mph and I would of hit it definately. So yeh - anyone else come close to dying today?

well i hope ur ok. well i cant say that my school life is that dangerous

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    The other bloke's insurance.
    I dont see how they will give me compensation

ReputationRep:
    I dont see how they will give me compensation
    yeah sue him, sleepless nights ever since, flashbacks etc, milk it for all it's worth narb

ReputationRep:
    they wont compensate you unless you have something properly wrong with you.

ReputationRep:
    Those no win no fee companies are crap. Most of them will make you take out insurance in case u don't win to cover their fees. Also if u do win they'll take a large share of your compensation.

If you want to sue the other driver you will actualy need to be in pain. Which u said your not so I wouldn't bother (unless you do experience some pain). You'll need to prove to doctors that you are in pain if you do try to sue, they'll know your lyeing and it'll go against you.

It's true that you should drive at the speed limit so u don't annoy drivers behind u and make them do stupid things to overtake u. Not sure that this is true for speeding though...

ReputationRep:
    nope, but the day is still young :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    i am in the process of doing my advanced drivers course...
    you should drive at (not over) the speed limit if it is safe to do so (taking into account weather conditions, traffic etc), you should only go slowly if there are lots of hazards, or if the conditions are bad (ie it is not safe to go at the speed limit) and if other drivers want to overtake you then that's their problem, but you are not doing anything wrong by going at the speed limit..and it may even help you to not get expensive speeding fines!! and then you don't have to worry about speed cameras either!!! Obviously, sometimes it is safe to go quicker than the speed limit, but the speed limit is a law and so it should not be broken unless you are prepared to accept the consequences (fines, points of license, possible jail sentence, possibility of killing someone etc) so basically, stick to the legal limit.

oh and they are introducing new cameras which don't flash at you, but take a note of your registration when you pass one, they then check tax etc and when you pass the next camera 1 mile or so down the road, they take you registration again...they then work out your average speed and if your average speed is over the speed limit, they send you a ticket in the post and you are none the wiser!!

moral of the story- DON'T SPEED, STICK TO THE LEGAL SPEED LIMIT!!!

oh and if anyone wants me to talk to them about drug/driving or drink/driving just say the word- cos that is one thing that really gets me rattled!!...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ruthiepoothie)
    oh and they are introducing new cameras which don't flash at you, but take a note of your registration when you pass one, they then check tax etc and when you pass the next camera 1 mile or so down the road, they take you registration again...they then work out your average speed and if your average speed is over the speed limit, they send you a ticket in the post and you are none the wiser!!
    They have had those types of speed cameras in Nottingham for about 2 years now, I think it was the pilot scheme. Luckily I have never been caught by any speed cameras, not that I intentionally speed, but it can be done so easily, without even thinking about it.

ReputationRep:
    how's your neck today narb?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gimp)
    how's your neck today narb?
    Thankfully its fine, every muscle in my legs ache though(bloody gym)

o well

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.