Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Before anyone says it to me I want to explain that I am grateful for a university place and am glad that I am not going through clearing.

But: the conditions to my university place were a C in everything to get the UCAS points to get in and be working at the correct level for the degree. However I only got 3 D's and although I have been accepted into my university do not feel that I deserve the place that I have been given and have only been put there to fill a place and provide a full space to make money for the university.

ReputationRep:
    maybe they saw potential in you

maybe you are just a space filler, either way if they thought your results were that horrifically bad then they wouldn't have accepted you. Don't dwell on it, i got in even though i missed my offer by 3 grades too (ACD instead of ABB)

ReputationRep:
    I guess either the university must have really liked you or because they needed people to fill the space, like you suggested.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Ivybridgechicken)
    Before anyone says it to me I want to explain that I am grateful for a university place and am glad that I am not going through clearing.

But: the conditions to my university place were a C in everything to get the UCAS points to get in and be working at the correct level for the degree. However I only got 3 D's and although I have been accepted into my university do not feel that I deserve the place that I have been given and have only been put there to fill a place and provide a full space to make money for the university.
    Nah, if they just wanted to fill space they could've let someone in through clearing :yes:

It doesn't seem like it now but in a few months when you've started, this won't matter at all

ReputationRep:
    It could be because other aspects of your application were strong such as personal statement etc. If you still feel uncomfortable I would suggest perhaps trying to find people who are studying your course via facebook, relations, TSR and have a chat about the level of the course etc.

ReputationRep:
    I started off a similar thread to this, I just missed my conditions but got my place too, apparently this has happenend a lot this year and its not a big deal also your PS might have been a deciding factor if it was particularly strong esp if you are passionate about the subject and made that clear. I doubt you're a place filler, they have clearing for that!

ReputationRep:
    What uni is this?

ReputationRep:
    Cheer up at least you got a place . Every year some people miss their grades and still get into the Uni they want. Don't worry about it, grades will be forgotten once you're in Uni. You'll be fine .

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    Same thing happened to me this year. I needed AAA (AAB for my insurance) and ended up with AABB (I took four) but one of the Bs needed to be an A to get in to either of them. Nevertheless they both accepted me. I suspect it was based on the strength of my personal statement or online mini-essay-questionaire (UCL has mini-essay-questionaires) because even my offer came (presumably) at the expense of people who were academically far more qualified than I. Or perhaps because of extra-curricular activities.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kay26)
    What uni is this?
    Plymouth

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 13 Dec '18
  • University of Buckingham
    Open Evening Undergraduate
    Thu, 13 Dec '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.