The Student Room Group

Anyone out there on Co Cyprindiol? PCOS, Hirtism, Acne

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I have been on cocyprindol for 4 years now. I had terrible acne on my back and oily skin I can say it helped clear that up. It didn't help stop the hair growth on my face :frown: shaving every day. Also one side effect that one here has mentioned and maybe it's only me but I now have no interest in sex at all... which isn't great when trying to maintain a good relationship. I am thinking maybe it's time to change pill but I am worried incase the acne comes back
Reply 41
I have just been prescribed co-cypridiol. I've had the worst migraines and nausea. I guess these are common side effects.. But it sucks knowing for 21 days I have to experience these horrible symptoms. As for clearing up acne, the first day I started to take these, my acne got worse, big blisters on my chin which are also painful. As I said I have been taking these for only 2 days now, and I have nothing positive to say.. Everyone's body is different and it takes 3 months or so to see results. By the way I am moody as hell.. This is worse than being on your actual period lol. (Using this for PCOS, to help regulate periods, for acne and for excess hair growth).
Hi,

Can someone tell me their experience using this please? I've been taking this pill for 4 weeks now to help my acne but also help my mittelschmirtz pain.

I was advised to take the pill back to back with no breaks and being on week 4 this would have been my pill free week.

I'm having excruciating stomach cramps with bleeding even though I'm
Still taking the pill. Ibuprofen isn't strong enough and I'm taking sulphadene now.

Can anyone advise if this is normal? I go on holiday tomorrow and I'm concerned that maybe i should come off of it considering the pain was never this bad before the pill.

On another note, just like everyone else I've had bad mood swings and terrible lows whilst being on the pill. I'm trying to establish whether all of this is worth it!
What will really happen if I start this pill before the 1st day of my period? Like maybe on the last day of my period?
Just thought I'd put my opinion out here. I was put on this pill when I was 16/17 I'm now nearly nineteen. I was on the pill for 1 and a 1/2 months. I was put on it for PCOS and acne. My acne isn't bad and I can tolerate it but I didn't mind killing two birds with one stone, at the time. Throughout my time on this pill I noticed results quickly. I didn't notice much improvement in my skin other than it dried up a little. I went from using oily skin moisturisers to combination/normal. Also, it got rid of the severe back pain from my PCOS. However, this pill 1) gave me 3 periods in one month and worse 2) this pill nearly gave me a stroke. I had severe migraines every day and they were getting worse and worse as time went on. I was bed bound and just sat in dark rooms. It was a horrible and terrifying experience. If out get headaches or migraines usually then I definitely wouldn't go on this pill. I would stay clear from it. However, from reading other people's review is does work for others. Just, if you have headaches stay clear. But this definitely does help with PCOS majorly!
Shoving my thoughts on this pill in amongst the fray in case anyone new stumbles onto this thread looking for it :biggrin:
I have severe acne, we're talking cysts covering my entire face, chest, and back. For clarity's sake, this first became an issue at 13 and I am now 20. I was put straight onto Yasmin (seen a few others mention it) and it cleared my skin like a DREAM, but much as the previous poster experienced on this pill, I experienced horrible migraines (going from getting one maybe once every 6 months to once a week / once every few days) and was swiftly taken off it. From there I was put onto this pill. Where I live you can only stay on this pill for one year, after which a minimum break of 3 months is required. After I had spent a year on this pill my skin was totally clear (please, ladies, understand that quite often your acne gets worse before it gets better on this!), even my scarring had 99% faded. I thought my skin might be clear and switched to a different kind of contraceptive (this time with just the intent of contraceptive, not as use for skin) and immediate acne explosion again. Fast forward to now, and I am 4months back onto this pill again and once again just cleared although the first 3 months was hell. This pill is my holy grail for acne. No topical treatment or other type of pill (bar Yasmin) has EVER worked even to 10% of the effectiveness this one does! As another poster also mentioned, I do notice my skin is more normal/on the dry side compared to combination/oily off this pill. I also experience lower libido but it really is a tiny price to pay in exchange for not being extremely depressed due to my skin.
How long did it take to work ?
I’ve been on this pill for about a month I haven’t stopped taking it but I had randomly got my period for 11 days whilst taking it , is that something to worry about or what ?

Quick Reply

Latest