Can improve my AS grades? Watch

rivernile
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I got my results today which were BCCC,i was disappointed though I’m glad i didn’t fail anything, but I am confused because all year I have begetting higher grades than this and I worked hard for it. With the subject i got a B in I was close off an A and got an A in one of the exams. I know where went wrong with the other one, because i didn’t manage to finish it. In my best subject I got a B in one exam and a D in the other. I have been getting As consistently all year. I can understand how this could go down to a B but not to a D. In my other two subjects I was close off a B.

I wondered with re-takes and a lot of hard work could improve this? Also before getting my results I had worked out the courses I wanted to apply to which asked for either AAB or ABB. Obviously I will have to apply to courses with lower grade requirements but if my predicted grades were raised could i still apply to one course asking for ABB and courses asking for BBB?

I think part of the problem is exam technique and I really want to improve this and the way i revise. Thanks for reading, I would really appreciate any advise.
Melz0r
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It sounds like you know where you went wrong and if you work hard there's no reason you can't improve your grades

Applying to a range of places is sensible, so take AAB/ABB as the top of your range and work downwards, and you should be able to make a successful application
Andrew1994
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Of course, if you can get your predicted grades increased then that will help. Although it depends on the competitiveness of the course, I'm guessing you're looking at unis that will have a fair amount of applicants. Also you can resit and this can help with getting the grades you need and may help with your application. I did terribly at AS getting BCCE and I did lots of resits and mentioned them in my ucas application and was predicted ABC. I applied to an ABB university and got an offer straight away. I just got my A2 grades which were poor but the uni that wanted ABB let me in! Remember it doesn't just depend on your grades, personal statement can be a huge factor if your grades aren't exactly what they want! Good luck with A2's and work hard and you'll be rewarded! Good luck

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Andrew1994
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Lol that was such a long reply hope it helped though! You still have lots of time to get those grades to A's!

BMWM5
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by rivernile)
I got my results today which were BCCC,i was disappointed though I’m glad i didn’t fail anything, but I am confused because all year I have begetting higher grades than this and I worked hard for it. With the subject i got a B in I was close off an A and got an A in one of the exams. I know where went wrong with the other one, because i didn’t manage to finish it. In my best subject I got a B in one exam and a D in the other. I have been getting As consistently all year. I can understand how this could go down to a B but not to a D. In my other two subjects I was close off a B.

I wondered with re-takes and a lot of hard work could improve this? Also before getting my results I had worked out the courses I wanted to apply to which asked for either AAB or ABB. Obviously I will have to apply to courses with lower grade requirements but if my predicted grades were raised could i still apply to one course asking for ABB and courses asking for BBB?

I think part of the problem is exam technique and I really want to improve this and the way i revise. Thanks for reading, I would really appreciate any advise.
Can I just ask what do you want to study at uni?
rivernile
Rep:
?
(Original post by zainahmed72)
Can I just ask what do you want to study at uni?
Well, I wanted to study history of art but unexpectedly I did the worst in it,so I might apply for another subject maybe classics.
rivernile
Rep:
?
(Original post by Melz0r)
It sounds like you know where you went wrong and if you work hard there's no reason you can't improve your grades

Applying to a range of places is sensible, so take AAB/ABB as the top of your range and work downwards, and you should be able to make a successful application
(Original post by Andrew1994)
Of course, if you can get your predicted grades increased then that will help. Although it depends on the competitiveness of the course, I'm guessing you're looking at unis that will have a fair amount of applicants. Also you can resit and this can help with getting the grades you need and may help with your application. I did terribly at AS getting BCCE and I did lots of resits and mentioned them in my ucas application and was predicted ABC. I applied to an ABB university and got an offer straight away. I just got my A2 grades which were poor but the uni that wanted ABB let me in! Remember it doesn't just depend on your grades, personal statement can be a huge factor if your grades aren't exactly what they want! Good luck with A2's and work hard and you'll be rewarded! Good luck

Thanks you have bothgive me hope now

(Original post by Andrew1994)
Lol that was such a long reply hope it helped though! You still have lots of time to get those grades to A's!

I don't mind as it was usefuland made me happier!
rivernile
Rep:
?
There is one more thing I wondered, would it be better to carry on with four subjects which might look better for applying to uni, or just do three and focus on thoseand re-takes?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Fri, 14 Dec '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (76)
27.54%
No (200)
72.46%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed