The Student Room Group

A*s?! How many points do i have to get to achieve an A* English Literature next year?

I've just received my AS results and I'm a bit confused to what the 'Equiv' and 'Points' sections mean on my exam results paper.

I got An A in OCR English Literature with 184 'Equiv' and 135 'Points'. I was wondering if anyone knew how many points i have to get next year to get an A* or is it impossible with the points i have?

Thank you :smile:
Original post by alalal21
I've just received my AS results and I'm a bit confused to what the 'Equiv' and 'Points' sections mean on my exam results paper.

I got An A in OCR English Literature with 184 'Equiv' and 135 'Points'. I was wondering if anyone knew how many points i have to get next year to get an A* or is it impossible with the points i have?

Thank you :smile:

You can ignore the "points" column - this is simply another reflection of your overall grade (135 = A, 120 = B, 105 = C, etc.) but differs from the UCAS Tariff points for the subject.

The "equiv" column is your UMS score and is what's important here. An AS module score of 184/200 (92%) is very good - well done! To achieve an overall A* grade, you need to achieve 80%+ across all of the AS and A" modules taken together and 90%+ across all of your A2 modules taken together. For you, this means that you need to achieve at least 180/200 UMS in your A2 modules for an A*. 136/200 would be sufficient for an A grade.
Reply 2
I was wondering according to the 'equiv' section I need 8 UMS more to get an A in History is this possible to achieve in A2?
Original post by Garrow1564
I was wondering according to the 'equiv' section I need 8 UMS more to get an A in History is this possible to achieve in A2?

Yes, it's certainly possible - you'll just need to achieve 8 UMS over the A grade minimum at A2 to achieve an overall grade A.

Quick Reply