A*s?! How many points do i have to get to achieve an A* English Literature next year? Watch

alalal21
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I've just received my AS results and I'm a bit confused to what the 'Equiv' and 'Points' sections mean on my exam results paper.

I got An A in OCR English Literature with 184 'Equiv' and 135 'Points'. I was wondering if anyone knew how many points i have to get next year to get an A* or is it impossible with the points i have?

Thank you
Illusionary
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by alalal21)
I've just received my AS results and I'm a bit confused to what the 'Equiv' and 'Points' sections mean on my exam results paper.

I got An A in OCR English Literature with 184 'Equiv' and 135 'Points'. I was wondering if anyone knew how many points i have to get next year to get an A* or is it impossible with the points i have?

Thank you
You can ignore the "points" column - this is simply another reflection of your overall grade (135 = A, 120 = B, 105 = C, etc.) but differs from the UCAS Tariff points for the subject.

The "equiv" column is your UMS score and is what's important here. An AS module score of 184/200 (92%) is very good - well done! To achieve an overall A* grade, you need to achieve 80%+ across all of the AS and A" modules taken together and 90%+ across all of your A2 modules taken together. For you, this means that you need to achieve at least 180/200 UMS in your A2 modules for an A*. 136/200 would be sufficient for an A grade.
Garrow1564
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I was wondering according to the 'equiv' section I need 8 UMS more to get an A in History is this possible to achieve in A2?
Illusionary
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Garrow1564)
I was wondering according to the 'equiv' section I need 8 UMS more to get an A in History is this possible to achieve in A2?
Yes, it's certainly possible - you'll just need to achieve 8 UMS over the A grade minimum at A2 to achieve an overall grade A.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the Arts London
    MA Performance Design and Practice Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 24 Jan '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Experience Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19
  • SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19

Are you chained to your phone?