Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

Yesterday morning I awoke to the unfortunate words of "Unsuccessful". I went to my college about an hour later and discovered I did meet the requirements for my course. After some investigation I discovered UCAS (and as extension my universities) did not receive the grade. I have forwarded a scan of my grades to the uni and it will be processed and resolved in the week, however this has resulted in unnecessary stress and insecurity for both my course and accommodation at the uni.

When I phoned OCR they said that the results had been sent yesterday morning. I know this issue extends to the rest of my computing class but wondered if other centres have had similar issues (Or anyone who has had a similar experience in the past).

Thanks
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Cobros)
    Hey,

Yesterday morning I awoke to the unfortunate words of "Unsuccessful". I went to my college about an hour later and discovered I did meet the requirements for my course. After some investigation I discovered UCAS (and as extension my universities) did not receive the grade. I have forwarded a scan of my grades to the uni and it will be processed and resolved in the week, however this has resulted in unnecessary stress and insecurity for both my course and accommodation at the uni.

When I phoned OCR they said that the results had been sent yesterday morning. I know this issue extends to the rest of my computing class but wondered if other centres have had similar issues (Or anyone who has had a similar experience in the past).

Thanks
    Hi Cobros,
    I have answered a few similar questions myself this year. If you flick back through the pages of this forum, you will see that there have been similar issues this year.

Hopefully it will all be sorted soon though,

toronto353
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    It might not be an error on OCRs part - sending the results through depends on UCAS matching what the exam boards send them with the centre number and candidate number on your ucas form. It is possible that you were advised wrong in how to fill out your pending grades information (ie the wrong exam spec/subject would result in a mismatch) which would be down to your school. Alternatively UCAS could have made an error when matching the results to your application.

It isn't a common mistake but it is something that happens to a handful of people every year. UCAS SHOULD have spotted that your exam results didn't match with what was on your form as pending and flagged your exam results as PARTIAL. Your uni should have noted that flag and NOT have put through a rejection until after they'd spoken to you to verify your results.

So basically it could have been cause by any number of things - OCR or your school might have caused the mix up, UCAS might have made a mix up, UCAS might not have flagged your results as partial and if they did then your uni were in the wrong in putting through a rejection...

It would be worth looking into further - especially for your school because it MIGHT be an error on their part that could be prevented next year

Edit: oh and congrats on getting your place despite all the stress

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
Poll
Do you like exams?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.