The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by shadab786ahmed
Your school is state?! :redface: wow... I go to a state and it looks like a pile of ****...

It's part funded by Perkins Engines, which is apparently a big thing in Peterborough. Which is why Engineering at my school seems to be so well funded, and they say a lot of the DT and Engineering kids can do some scheme to get a job at Perkins. I went there on a trip, it's not exactly to my taste.
Original post by dinrah04
It's part funded by Perkins Engines, which is apparently a big thing in Peterborough. Which is why Engineering at my school seems to be so well funded, and they say a lot of the DT and Engineering kids can do some scheme to get a job at Perkins. I went there on a trip, it's not exactly to my taste.

Oh right! I see... I think it's silly to force a group of students to do a subject which isn't compulsory via. Law... Because if you have such amazing facilities for the subject students would want to do that... They should choose to do so.. :s-smilie:
Oh right! I see... I think it's silly to force a group of students to do a subject which isn't compulsory via. Law... Because if you have such amazing facilities for the subject students would want to do that... They should choose to do so.. :s-smilie:

I stupidly chose it in Year 9, :'(
Original post by Dalek1099
You still have to do Engineering?-thats terrible does Engineering require more complex manufacturing than Technology-What is the main difference? and I don't even have breakfast-I only know how to cook toast.What do you have for Breakfast?and How do you wake yourself up?

Well DT is a single GCSE, Engineering is a Double Award subject. So it's just like the next level I guess.
I stupidly chose it in Year 9, :'(

Oh god... YOUR FAULT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wink:

How can you expect to drop it...?
Oh god... YOUR FAULT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wink:

How can you expect to drop it...?

A lot of people seem to have been to drop subjects but as the school think I'm a high achiever, they believe I will have no trouble.

I'm already tucked in bed, with my alarm set. Wah.
(edited 11 years ago)
A lot of people seem to have been to drop subjects but as the school think I'm a high achiever, they believe I will have no trouble.

I'm already tucked in bed, with my alarm set. Wah.

Aww, go to sleep now! And tell us all about your first day! :lol:

We should all have a post called my first day in year eleven! :biggrin:
Original post by chloe--
Really? :eek:

All my mum does for me is make me a sandwich and wake me up if my alarm doesn't go off :tongue:

Do you do anything in the house to help your parents?

I make my bed,I only started doing that recently.My Dad doesn't live with my Mam and to be fair She doesn't work and lies around a lot of the time so its better to keep her busy.
I make my bed,I only started doing that recently.My Dad doesn't live with my Mam and to be fair She doesn't work and lies around a lot of the time so its better to keep her busy.

You're nice...
Oh.the Chaos.that reigns when an abnormally large moth enters the Kitchen :afraid:
I clean my room, wipe the kitchen top, empty the dish washer and do washing up. Hoover the living room, mop some rooms. Put the bin out and in. Sometimes I even have to cook like for everyone (not often though)
Well DT is a single GCSE, Engineering is a Double Award subject. So it's just like the next level I guess.

What does the work involve?-extreme manual labour?and Shadab's right if you picked it then you have nothing to complain about and I know some people,who got to change subject choices in my school but it was rare and had to be done quickly.Why did you pick it?and What about it do you hate?
I clean my room, wipe the kitchen top, empty the dish washer and do washing up. Hoover the living room, mop some rooms. Put the bin out and in. Sometimes I even have to cook like for everyone (not often though)

Okay, I don't do anything, I wash my own plate and that... But yeah :colondollar:

But I dont make my mum pack my bags and everything! :colondollar:
Reply 5973

I clean the whole house, iron everyone's clothes, fill and empty the dishwasher, put the bin out, fill and empty the washing machine and cook every so often for everyone and always when I'm home alone...

Your mum being unemployed is no reason for you to do nothing to help her. You'll have the biggest shock ever when you move out/go to uni.

EDIT: :lolwut: Neg?
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by iLOVEmusic1234
Oh shame ok :colondollar:
Aha that's ok but thank you :smile:

You welcome :h: You watching the paralympic games?? :tongue:
What does the work involve?-extreme manual labour?and Shadab's right if you picked it then you have nothing to complain about and I know some people,who got to change subject choices in my school but it was rare and had to be done quickly.Why did you pick it?and What about it do you hate?

Not really, just lots more drawing and such. I don't do DT so I can't compare it.
Awww why do you say that?? :wink: Im sure your not :tongue:
You're nice...

Yes,I do whats best for her and I have a few times stopped her,from eating a cake because She is fat.

My house has a strange hierachy,I control my Mam and my Brother is head of the house.
Hey guys! :biggrin: Im back from ...well doing graphics all day...which in turn isnt so bad...but it was the non-drawing part which sucks :frown: :tongue: So what have I missed and what is everyone up to ?? :smile:
Yes,I do whats best for her and I have a few times stopped her,from eating a cake because She is fat.

My house has a strange hierachy,I control my Mam and my Brother is head of the house.

That sounds so mean. You sound like the kid on Beautiful Young Minds (check it out guys), it's a documentary about these kids doing the International Maths Olympiad. One guy was pretty cold to his parents and had a similar thought process to Dalek.

Latest