The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8440
So late on the bandwagon with these first day posts, especially since my first day was actually yesterday.

But anyway, we were allowed to go into school an hour later, so the year sevens could settle in. Then we had an assembly, and the Head talked all about us being Year 11's and how we are role models, etc etc. Then we spent the rest of the lesson in our form rooms, had break, and another lesson in our form rooms. It was basically giving stuff out and information and then a lot of talking and catching up :tongue:

After that, we had 4th period, which for me was IT. My computer didn't work, and my class is huge, so there was none left over. Ended up spending the lesson helping other people and doing my work in the last ten minutes. Then registration, then lunch, then electronics, which was a lot of talking and working out where we got up to with our coursework last year and what we have left to do.

Then we were finally allowed to go and get our results :woo: I got A*'s in Biology Unit 1, Chemistry Unit 1, Physics Unit 2 (so unexpected), Geography and Maths (full UMS :woo: ) and A's in Biology Unit 2 and Chemistry Unit 2 (missed out on an A* by one mark in both). So I am ridiculously happy! :biggrin:

Well done to you all, though! I did stalk through all the pages yesterday to find all of your results, and they're all really good! :smile:
Original post by chloe--
So late on the bandwagon with these first day posts, especially since my first day was actually yesterday.

But anyway, we were allowed to go into school an hour later, so the year sevens could settle in. Then we had an assembly, and the Head talked all about us being Year 11's and how we are role models, etc etc. Then we spent the rest of the lesson in our form rooms, had break, and another lesson in our form rooms. It was basically giving stuff out and information and then a lot of talking and catching up :tongue:

After that, we had 4th period, which for me was IT. My computer didn't work, and my class is huge, so there was none left over. Ended up spending the lesson helping other people and doing my work in the last ten minutes. Then registration, then lunch, then electronics, which was a lot of talking and working out where we got up to with our coursework last year and what we have left to do.

Then we were finally allowed to go and get our results :woo: I got A*'s in Biology Unit 1, Chemistry Unit 1, Physics Unit 2 (so unexpected), Geography and Maths (full UMS :woo: ) and A's in Biology Unit 2 and Chemistry Unit 2 (missed out on an A* by one mark in both). So I am ridiculously happy! :biggrin:

Well done to you all, though! I did stalk through all the pages yesterday to find all of your results, and they're all really good! :smile:

Ahh Congratulations :biggrin: :woo: :party: ....Im dreading the lectures and then were also getting new form teachers :frown: :emo: hopefully its not worse than my previous one :tongue:....I start tomorrow at 10:50 :tongue:
Original post by chloe--

Holy heck congratulations!!
Original post by JamalAhmed
Just made a big, big reply paragraph and refreshed so everything's deleted so let me break it down.....

Anyway, I know what you're saying. I make those speaking mistakes all the time in real life but did not know I made those mistakes until now. Anyway, earlier today I was coming from school and speaking to my English about the overall grade I got. I said "it's good considering I was in your class in year 7 and 8." He thought I was being rude and got upset (I saw his angry, upset face.) What I was meant to say "the school put me in the lowest set in year 7/8 for some reason."

I also make these mistakes all the time. I made two big mistakes which made lose a lot of respect...:frown:

My point is that people take me the wrong way everytime (Although, my friends don't mind if I be a bit rude to them because that's how we are.)

Now since we are in the subject - you said something that got me angry as well. Earlier this week you said, "it must be his time of the month." The fact that you said indirectly got me even angrier. Anyway that shows you're not perfect in speaking either but I realised you made a joke and forgot about what you said and carried on.

Spelling mistakes? And speaking? Don't worry now! I've made amends and I'm fine now :smile:

And, it wasn't meant to be indirect, I thought you knew it was about you, anyway!

Fresh start! :woo:

Did a C1 paper got 73/75... Don't know where I lost the marks...

Anyway congratulations! :party: amazing results :woo:

(Chloe btw :tongue:)
Original post by chloe--

what were your UMS in the Unit ones ?? :smile:

and my first day was simple 1st lesson we had a full hour hour of VMG (vertical mentor group .. just like tutor :L ) then had DofE lesson 2nd lesson until 10:05 and just did fitness .. at 10:05 had an early assembly same as other about rolemodels etc. .... then had another hour of DofE doing team excercises (really funny) ... then physics :/ .... and chemistry and found out i got 42/50 in my ISA which should be an A* :smile: xD ...

after school i went and played basketball until about 10 minutes ago :cool: :L xD
30? :eek:

We have an hour :redface:
i know ... i get in eat then its like 3 minutes until lesson after everyone on my table has eaten :L
I should sleep now, time differences are so annoying D;
G'night again everyone!
Original post by Kittaaaaay
G'night again everyone!

night :smile:
Ah, Michio Kaku, that awesome man :awesome:

[video="youtube;0NbBjNiw4tk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NbBjNiw4tk&feature=relmfu[/video]
G'night again everyone!

Night! :biggrin: Aww I know time difference hey :rolleyes:
(edited 11 years ago)
G'night again everyone!

Night :frown: what is the time difference?
Original post by MangoFreak

[video="youtube;0NbBjNiw4tk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NbBjNiw4tk&feature=relmfu[/video]

I have one of his books, bloody brilliant.
Original post by shadab786ahmed
Night :frown: what is the time difference?

shadab ... hey xD ... ive just realised i hate my school :frown:
Original post by MangoFreak

Mango :biggrin: Guess what I drank Caprison Mango flavoured :woo:...Its really nice :tongue: :awesome: Ok that was totally irrelevant but yeah :tongue:
Bit late here, but Hi guys:smile:. I haven't started year 11 yet , I start tommorow dreading it but still excited at the same time.
Original post by TheQuack.
Bit late here, but Hi guys:smile:. I haven't started year 11 yet , I start tommorow dreading it but still excited at the same time.

welcome :L .. what options you taking/taken ? :smile:
Original post by techno836
shadab ... hey xD ... ive just realised i hate my school :frown:

Why??? :frown:
Reply 8458
Original post by foreverstrong_97
Ahh Congratulations :biggrin: :woo: :party: ....Im dreading the lectures and then were also getting new form teachers :frown: :emo: hopefully its not worse than my previous one :tongue:....I start tomorrow at 10:50 :tongue:

Thank youu! And good luck for tomorrow :tongue:

Holy heck congratulations!!

Thanks! :biggrin:

Original post by shadab786ahmed
Spelling mistakes? And speaking? Don't worry now! I've made amends and I'm fine now :smile:

And, it wasn't meant to be indirect, I thought you knew it was about you, anyway!

Fresh start! :woo:

Did a C1 paper got 73/75... Don't know where I lost the marks...

Anyway congratulations! :party: amazing results :woo:

(Chloe btw :tongue:)

Thank you! :smile: And well done on your C1 score!

Original post by techno836
what were your UMS in the Unit ones ?? :smile:

91 in Biology and 94 in Chemistry :smile:
Original post by TheQuack.

Hey! :biggrin: And welcome to TSR! :tongue:....Yeah same Im starting tomorrow :tongue: Mixed emotions but just hoping for the best:tongue:

Latest