Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi Guys,
    I have qualified my Master in Public Health from Univ. of Birmingham and now I am looking for another masters program in UCL. I have already asked them whether they would be charging me any ELQ fees (or any higher fees) and they have replied that they do not have any provision for any ELQ. Can anybody suggest whether there would be any issue from local council or otherwise (when College itself has no issue in charging me home fees, without any ELQ). And whether I should be able to apply for the univ. scholarships.

Steve

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nottingham2010)
    [...] I have qualified my Master in Public Health from Univ. of Birmingham and now I am looking for another masters program in UCL. I have already asked them whether they would be charging me any ELQ fees (or any higher fees) and they have replied that they do not have any provision for any ELQ. Can anybody suggest whether there would be any issue from local council or otherwise (when College itself has no issue in charging me home fees, without any ELQ). And whether I should be able to apply for the univ. scholarships. [...]
    ELQ is a government issue. If the university has suggested that they are not going to charge you any ELQ fees then it means the course receives a generic amount from the government (i.e. for teaching you research methods or whatever) or no support at all so you studying another qualification at the same level is irrelevant so far as they are concerned. Likewise, there are exceptions to the rule where the government fund students irrespective of their qualifications. For example, for healthcare, social care and teaching qualifications.

If the university says there are no ELQ fees then take their word for it and apply! The same goes for university scholarships.

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19
Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.