Forensic Computing and Security Watch

Barsby
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Is anyone doing Forensic Computing and Security starting in September? Wouldn't mind speaking to a few people before starting
jamesmademe
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Just so you know, all Computing related courses have the same first year. You will all have the same 6 units and lecture together. It is not until the second year (which is what I'm going into now) that your degree title becomes relevant and even then you can change it.

p.s. the course is very good
chrisk9
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
i chose the same course mate! should be a blast!
Barsby
Rep:
?
Yeah I noticed that when I looked at the course material.

Really looking forward to the second year and getting stuck into the proper nitty gritty part of it. Should be interesting with the first year too, would imagine that a lot of it is more in depth than I've looked into.
FlyingCircus
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by jamesmademe)
Just so you know, all Computing related courses have the same first year. You will all have the same 6 units and lecture together. It is not until the second year (which is what I'm going into now) that your degree title becomes relevant and even then you can change it.

p.s. the course is very good
So is literally everyone from each course together? (I know someone wanting to do Software Engineering but i'm doing Computing...will be be together in the same lectures?)
Barsby
Rep:
?
The first year covers things such as Databases, a bit of programming, software design etc. IIRC one of the units is based on helping you understand the industry and how to do a suitable CV for a computing based career.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
chrisk9
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
for those who studied the BTEC it practitioners national dip. the first year of uni is a basic recap and introduction of the 2 college years. this is for those who did not study an it course directly at college hope this helps!
Barsby
Rep:
?
Yeah, although I would imagine it would be more in depth. I hope so anyway, otherwise I'm gonna be bored out my skull in the first year!
hevvv
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
looking to apply for 2013 in computer forensics (just a year later than usual, why did i defer?) the first year looks pretty much like the course i'm doing now at college (BTEC National Diploma in Software Development) so that'll suck a bit going over it again but i guess it all helps. Would anyone mind to keep this updated in how you're getting on with it all? cheers
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 13 Feb '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 9 Mar '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 13 Mar '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1099)
79.12%
Leave (290)
20.88%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise