The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CJG21
Just got my timetable for sixth form. On Thursday I have double further maths, followed by double maths. :facepalm:

Ohh that's not nice!
My school uniform is decided O.o

It's nice..cheap...and ASIAN :biggrin:

Spoiler

Reply 2462
Original post by CJG21
Just got my timetable for sixth form. On Thursday I have double further maths, followed by double maths. :facepalm:

Lucky you haha. :wink:
I'd be going crazy with that much maths. :eek:
Original post by Sheel1
My school uniform is decided O.o

It's nice..cheap...and ASIAN :biggrin:

Spoiler

:eek: how much will that cost?! I have a F&F blazer, a.k.a Tesco :wink: Don't really mind though
Original post by Alex-Torres
:eek: how much will that cost?! I have a F&F blazer, a.k.a Tesco :wink: Don't really mind though

£40 O.o in tooting

EDIT: It's a cheaper version of that lol. That one probs worth £100 ( Crazy :redface: )
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Ndella
Yikes, sounds like a lot of work, but I guess that's what A Level Science is:rolleyes:. Unfortunately I can't give you any ideas since I'm not taking any science for A Level, sorry:s-smilie:

Original post by mynameisntbobk
You could always do a statistics investigation. Investigate whether gender and age affect height growth, then use all the statistical analysis stuff like spearmans rank, median, etc. Basically, a mini GCSE statistics coursework.
It'll be so much easier than conducting a science investigation

Thanks! I think it's mostly a 'research about a topic and make a presentation'. I don't think I need to actually conduct experiments, etc. I just need to think of a topic. Someone suggested History of Science, notable inventions and such. Any other suggestions would be awesome!

EDIT: Nevermind, I've decided on Quantum Physics!
(edited 11 years ago)
So I had my first day today, put into new forms, luckily I knew most of the people there. We don't get our timetables printed off until next week so we were dictated our classes, teachers, rooms etc. but it was so confusing (because there's more than one class for each subject and we don't know what set we're in or anything). Because of this, I only have my timetable for tomorrow and Friday LOL

And we did only have one lesson today, Maths (just my luck haha): they knew we had three months of no practice so we took it easy and did... A/A* GCSE quadratic equations and graphs (nice).

Not bad for a first day, actually: I felt superior, being able to go in and out of school for lunch etc. :L
Good first day I think. I can't wait until courses start properly and people are more comfortable around each other.
After my message earlier today, about not being able to take Greek, I have a happy update.

My school spoke to the tutor, who said she also teaches AS/A2 Level Greek (same exam board) outside of regular hours at an all-girls school in Surrey, and after conversations between my school and the other school, I've been told I can attend the lessons at that school (but will take my exam at my school).

The other girl at my school who had planned to take Greek, has opted to take another subject, because of travel issues (she'd be travelling back to North London at 7pm, and when it's dark and cold at night, she'd rather not do that). The school is only 15 minutes from me though, so I don't have those travel issues.

Feeling a lot happier now. :biggrin:
Original post by CJG21

Good yet bad. A full day of maths :biggrin: but then again, a full day of maths :angry: you'll grow sick of it :frown:
Original post by kishihime
Thanks! I think it's mostly a 'research about a topic and make a presentation'. I don't think I need to actually conduct experiments, etc. I just need to think of a topic. Someone suggested History of Science, notable inventions and such. Any other suggestions would be awesome!

EDIT: Nevermind, I've decided on Quantum Physics!

Ahh, alright. I probably would have just suggested something about chemistry.. but quantum physics sounds interesting.
Reply 2470
Original post by CJG21

Well that's awesome! :love:
Original post by rock.and.rose
After my message earlier today, about not being able to take Greek, I have a happy update.

My school spoke to the tutor, who said she also teaches AS/A2 Level Greek (same exam board) outside of regular hours at an all-girls school in Surrey, and after conversations between my school and the other school, I've been told I can attend the lessons at that school (but will take my exam at my school).

The other girl at my school who had planned to take Greek, has opted to take another subject, because of travel issues (she'd be travelling back to North London at 7pm, and when it's dark and cold at night, she'd rather not do that). The school is only 15 minutes from me though, so I don't have those travel issues.

Feeling a lot happier now. :biggrin:

Well, happy to hear the good news, although its sad to hear about the other girl. Who knows, she may end up loving her new AS
Original post by Deziah
Bought some clothes for college today - five more days to go! Getting so bored and restless.

Same! Just dont know what to do with myself... Also bought some more clothes the other day, cant wait!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by mynameisntbobk
Well, happy to hear the good news, although its sad to hear about the other girl. Who knows, she may end up loving her new AS

Yeah it is disappointing for her, but she did say it was less important for her, as she was simply taking it as a fourth choice as she enjoyed the subject at GCSE. However, I'm considering reading Classics at university level, and although I wouldn't need both Latin and Greek, having both would mean I don't need to take any introductory papers in either language.
Original post by rock.and.rose
Yeah it is disappointing for her, but she did say it was less important for her, as she was simply taking it as a fourth choice as she enjoyed the subject at GCSE. However, I'm considering reading Classics at university level, and although I wouldn't need both Latin and Greek, having both would mean I don't need to take any introductory papers in either language.

Yeah, I see what you mean. At least its all working out in the end :smile:
Reply 2475
Original post by EnviroProtector
Same! Just dont know what to do with myself... Also bought some more clothes the other day, cant wait!

I'll probably go shopping again tomorrow - it's so boring waiting around, haha. :-)
:wavey:

First day today :biggrin:

But didn't get homework because only had one lessons as our lessons started in the afternoon :biggrin:
Original post by Deziah
I'll probably go shopping again tomorrow - it's so boring waiting around, haha. :-)

lucky! i wish we hadnt started yet, arent you so excited? what are you taking?
Reply 2478
Original post by >Untitled<
lucky! i wish we hadnt started yet, arent you so excited? what are you taking?

I'm excited to have something to do during the day and to meeting some new people haha. :wink:
Biology, chemistry, maths and French. Yourself? :-)
Original post by Deziah
I'm excited to have something to do during the day and to meeting some new people haha. :wink:
Biology, chemistry, maths and French. Yourself? :-)

we didnt get many new people :frown:

same except im doing further maths too and physics instead of French :biggrin:

Latest