The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mynameisntbobk
My first day, or my first day on timetable was a bit hectic. Aswell as finding out all the rooms were in different parts of the school, I also had that extra trouble of not knowing anybody in my classes. But tbh, I love going sixth form :biggrin: its great (better than secondary school) and the lessons actually build from what you know, so the jump that we are getting so far is very subtle. I envisage that the jump will begin to show within a few weeks.

Looooool, how would wealth affect logic?

It does okay :cool:
Original post by usycool1
:cool:

They are indeed! :yep: And they like bullying me too :rolleyes:

:wavey:
How are we all finding college so far then? :smile:
Reply 2762
Original post by -bethan-

I'm actually really enjoying it, but that's predominantly because my college has a Costa Coffee cafe, and drinks are like half price!
Original post by shadab786ahmed
It does okay :cool::

LOL. Did not realise :tongue:

It's been good. Yours?
Reply 2764
:wavey:

:hi:

How's life? :smile:

I'm quite enjoying it actually! I love having no English Literature written on my timetable :colone:

You? :smile:
Original post by loou
I'm actually really enjoying it, but that's predominantly because my college has a Costa Coffee cafe, and drinks are like half price!

Good! :biggrin: How lucky are you! :O

LOL. Did not realise :tongue:

It's been good. Yours?

Good! :biggrin: And not so good, I didn't like it very much so I'm currently looking to change from sixth form to college on Monday, so hopefully I'll be okay soon! :tongue: how are you finding your AS level courses, do you feel you've made the right choice so far?
Reply 2766
Good! :biggrin: How lucky are you! :O

Haha, i'm loving it but my health probably isn't! How about you? :smile:

I'm quite enjoying it actually! I love having no English Literature written on my timetable :colone:

Haha, why the hatred for english my friend! :P I didn't take it in the end though so don't worry :wink: All the sciences and maths here!
I love my courses, just not my sixth form - I'm hoping to change to the local college on Monday! :smile: what did you take?
Original post by loou
Haha, i'm loving it but my health probably isn't! How about you? :smile:

Not good atm, hoping to change to the local college instead of my sixth form, but I love my courses! :love: The local college has a Starbucks I think so I'll be in the same position! :redface:

Good! :biggrin: And not so good, I didn't like it very much so I'm currently looking to change from sixth form to college on Monday, so hopefully I'll be okay soon! :tongue: how are you finding your AS level courses, do you feel you've made the right choice so far?

Really. What was the problem with it? But at least your changing now, as opposed to later when (god forbid) you get bad grades due to the school.
I definitely feel that chemistry, maths and psychology were perfect choices for me. I just haven't got into biology yet, but I'll give it a few weeks, see if I like it.
Do you enjoy any courses you've chosen?
Reply 2770
Not good atm, hoping to change to the local college instead of my sixth form, but I love my courses! :love: The local college has a Starbucks I think so I'll be in the same position! :redface:

Haha aw you should definitely look into it! (Not just for Starbucks reasons, but it definitely gives an advantage during free periods.)
Really. What was the problem with it? But at least your changing now, as opposed to later when (god forbid) you get bad grades due to the school.
I definitely feel that chemistry, maths and psychology were perfect choices for me. I just haven't got into biology yet, but I'll give it a few weeks, see if I like it.
Do you enjoy any courses you've chosen?

I just didn't feel like I fitted in at all, nor did I like many of the people or the atmosphere, very depressing :frown:
But yes, very lucky I realized now rather than later and not doing as well as a result! :eek:
That's fantastic! I'm sure you'll get into it, I certainly love it! :biggrin: And yes, I haven't found anything wrong in biology, chemistry, physics or maths so far, having looked ahead to the courses etc. I love being able to focus on them, you know? :biggrin:
Original post by loou
Haha aw you should definitely look into it! (Not just for Starbucks reasons, but it definitely gives an advantage during free periods.)

Oh for sure, they don't even sell tea or coffee at all at sixth form, flipping gutted :tongue:
I will, first thing Monday, just hope I get in! :redface:

Sucks :colone:

:rofl: my further maths dilemma... But I can't wait till Tuesday :P show up some sixth formers with my maths :wink:
Reply 2774
Haha, why the hatred for english my friend! :P I didn't take it in the end though so don't worry :wink: All the sciences and maths here!
I love my courses, just not my sixth form - I'm hoping to change to the local college on Monday! :smile: what did you take?

English Lit sucks! :tongue: I don't know, I've just never really gotten into it. Maths on the other hand... :love:
Nice choices :smile: I'm doing the three sciences and double maths :awesome:

Sucks :colone:

:rofl: my further maths dilemma... But I can't wait till Tuesday :P show up some sixth formers with my maths :wink:

It sucks your school doesn't offer it :naughty: Haha, have fun with that :colone:
English Lit sucks! :tongue: I don't know, I've just never really gotten into it. Maths on the other hand... :love:
Nice choices :smile: I'm doing the three sciences and double maths :awesome:

It sucks your school doesn't offer it :naughty: Haha, have fun with that :colone:

It's not THAT bad :tongue:
Surprise, surprise, didn't think you'd like maths :wink:
Thank you, you too! Double maths? Christ, couldn't cope! :tongue: Although I have found a love of maths I didn't have before which is fantastic :love:
Cambridge! Cambridge! :redface:

Don't!! :cool: I have 180MB left :wink: I'll still be able tk use TSR excessively :colone:x

whoop whoop!!!! :party2: :party: :party2:
Reply 2777
It's not THAT bad :tongue:
Surprise, surprise, didn't think you'd like maths :wink:
Thank you, you too! Double maths? Christ, couldn't cope! :tongue: Although I have found a love of maths I didn't have before which is fantastic :love:

Yes it is! :tongue:

:lol:

Thanks :smile: Yup, double maths is awesome. In fact, maths in general is just awesome. I love the feeling of satisfaction after you come to a final answer after lots and lots of working :love:
Remember:

(a+b)(ab)=a2b2(a+b)(a-b)=a^2-b^2 :smile:

This is why you change the positive sign to a negative sign.

I have got (root 2) -1 / 3

Now what do I do? :smile:
Reply 2779
Original post by Blueray2
I have got (root 2) -1 / 3

Now what do I do? :smile:

You made a mistake with the denominator :smile:

For the denominator, I take it you tried to expand (21)(2+1)(\sqrt{2}-1)({\sqrt{2}+1})

Be careful with signs when multiplying 1 and -1. :smile:

Latest