The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Deziah
The expense of some of the things you have to buy is unreal. I've got to buy a calculator for £50 for maths, and they've basically given me two weeks to buy it! They've told me that I have no other choice but to get that one. I also have to buy a French grammar book for something like £15, and have a deadline on that as well. :/

I'm sure if you say you can't afford it, they will help you financially. Even though EMA has been scrapped, my school can still give a bit of money to people who are on very low income or can't afford supplies/school trips. Maybe you should ask?
Reply 3181
Original post by Paramore<3

Oh phew, at least someone else has the same problem! Christ, £50... it is ridiculously annoying. This is what EMA was for! :mad:

He keeps reminding us every lesson that we need to buy one before a certain time, and it's worrying me so bad. It's not just me though, everyone I've spoken to about it says they're going to have trouble getting £50 for a calculator in the space of two weeks. If they'd given us a month then it wouldn't be so bad, but they've basically just snapped their fingers and expected us to have it. :frown:
Reply 3182
Original post by Pandora.
I know what you really mean, even if you try to profess otherwise. :smug:

You know the drill, I'll probably have been nagged into bringing it back within two days :tongue:

:unimpressed:

Yup, and I'm going to be one of the people who will constantly nag you to bring back the strawberry :yep:
Ugh. Just spent well over an hour on some maths homework. I did most of it in the lesson as well :/, and I did the other piece of maths homework for an hour at my free period. I haven't received any work from any of my other subject, I think my maths teacher is just a cow.
£72 for all 5 of the books I need. :eek4: and I need it by Monday! Why did they not tell us what we needed on enrolment :angry:
I forgot I had to write an essay for Classical Civilisation tomorrow and so I've just started it now after seeing the rather conspicuous post-it on my folder...argh :unimpressed:

I'm studying English Literature, Classical Civilisation, Fine Art and Philosophy :smile:
Reply 3186
Original post by kishihime
£72 for all 5 of the books I need. :eek4: and I need it by Monday! Why did they not tell us what we needed on enrolment :angry:

£50 for the two books I needed. :s-smilie:
Can Someone Quote Me When You Get Your Gcse
Remark Results... I Need A Date Roughly I Can Expect My Remark
Results !!! @#

:erm::question:Whats the deadline, the last day i could expect my remark results ?:afraid:
Original post by Cubic
£50 for the two books I needed. :s-smilie:

It's just over £100 for the maths books I need (C1, C2, S1), and a graphical calculator :eek::s-smilie:
Original post by Deziah
The expense of some of the things you have to buy is unreal. I've got to buy a calculator for £50 for maths, and they've basically given me two weeks to buy it! They've told me that I have no other choice but to get that one. I also have to buy a French grammar book for something like £15, and have a deadline on that as well. :/

£50 for a calculator! :eek: What sort of calculator is this? A graphing calculator really isn't necessary, especially if you're just doing single maths.
(edited 11 years ago)
Yay! School doesn't block TSR! :biggrin: using up my boring free on here :wink:
Reply 3191
Original post by Choppie
What subject are you planning to take at Uni?

Engineering
Original post by shadab786ahmed
Yay! :biggrin: I already do that with strawberries... And now Mummies :tongue:

And yes! :redface: :eek: are you WJEC????

This is my January Timetable:
9th : English Literature GCSE (only gcse exam)

14th : C1
16th: HY1
18th: C2 (my birthday :biggrin:)
21st: M1
25th: S1

:woo:

I'm doing C1, C2 and and S1 in January too! :five:

My January schedule is pretty packed though.

Maths/FM: C1, C2, C3, C4, S1, FP1
Physics: Unit 1, Unit 2
Economics: Unit 1, Unit 2

My A-Level course is slightly accelerated though (18 months rather than 2 years, it's standard in my country), so I expect I'll have a packed schedule every exam session :s-smilie:
Original post by justinawe
I'm doing C1, C2 and and S1 in January too! :five:

My January schedule is pretty packed though.

Maths/FM: C1, C2, C3, C4, S1, FP1
Physics: Unit 1, Unit 2
Economics: Unit 1, Unit 2

My A-Level course is slightly accelerated though (18 months rather than 2 years, it's standard in my country), so I expect I'll have a packed schedule every exam session :s-smilie:

:eek: wow! :redface:

I'm only in year eleven xD but that seems very...

Stressful!
Original post by shadab786ahmed
:eek: wow! :redface:

I'm only in year eleven xD but that seems very...

Stressful!

yeah, good thing the bulk of it is maths! :biggrin: or I'd never survive such a heavy load :tongue:
Original post by justinawe
yeah, good thing the bulk of it is maths! :biggrin: or I'd never survive such a heavy load :tongue:

Yep! In awe :wink: urmmm.... Maths is fine I guess :biggrin: after doing C4... Everything that precedes it is so much easier :biggrin: good luck :wink:
Anyone else hate the new TSR layout...I think I'll be spending less time one here now!!!

Really loving sixth form and all my subjects, not happy to hear that I am doing NO january modules...its ALL in may/june - Arghhhh
How is everyone else getting along hmmm??

anyway...off to do some biology notes and maths practice :smile:
Original post by g.k.galloway
Anyone else hate the new TSR layout...I think I'll be spending less time one here now!!!

Really loving sixth form and all my subjects, not happy to hear that I am doing NO january modules...its ALL in may/june - Arghhhh

Mine too, so not happy :frown:
Any of you did ICT GCSE AQA UNIT 3? What topic did you do? I'm probably doing the charity one :smile:

This was posted from the... I'm on my phone probably because I'm too lazy to go on the computer.
Original post by g.k.galloway

:woo: maths! :woo:

Latest