The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Original post by g.k.galloway
eveningggggggg :biggrin: thursday is drawing ever closer!!! :eek:

I know! :eek:

And I don't know how I feel about that :redface:
Original post by benpearson1
Anyone taken a look at Oxford yet? Went today and it was fantastic, preferred it to Cambridge actually..

seriously!!! woahhh - been to cambridge, had a tour inside of lots of the colleges...if somewhere can top that then WOW
Original post by -bethan-
I know! :eek:

And I don't know how I feel about that :redface:

neither do I....wednesday night...just don't....ergghhhh
Reply 582
Original post by WannabeKS1Teacher
I haven't really introduced myself yet, and since I'm a current Year 12, I will here.

Hi! :tongue:

Welcome! :h:
Anyone taken a look at Oxford yet? Went today and it was fantastic, preferred it to Cambridge actually..

I've been to both (Not inside the University, but in the town) numerous times, and I prefer Cambridge :smile: More quiet and tranquille, why do you prefer Oxford? Did you go inside the University?
Reply 584
Anyone got anything for college/sixth form yet? Or you all gonna wait until after results day to start rushing around for stuff? ;D
Original post by Deziah
Anyone got anything for college/sixth form yet? Or you all gonna wait until after results day to start rushing around for stuff? ;D

WHSmith had a huge sale on Friday, so I just went and got all my stuff for just over £60. That's actually quite good considering what I bought

Going on a day trip to Oxford on the 2nd September as I am down in Reading with my cousin for the weekend. Her twin sister went to Oxford and Rachel went to Durham so they are taking me on a trip to Oxford and I'll get an 'expert' tour and since she went there she can take me into the colleges :redface: really excited because if I like the city in general, I would definitely consider applying as currently it hasn't really felt like much of an option!

Original post by Deziah

I haven't got a thing! Going shopping next week for it all so yes, generally rushing around :biggrin:

I'm not buying much though. 4 big lever arch files (or maybe 5), a smaller file for everyday use, some pukka pads or general notepads, some ink cartridges, coloured pencils and dividers. Maybe other bits if I spy them but I don't need too much as I can just use stuff from Year 11.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 587
Original post by mynameisntbobk
WHSmith had a huge sale on Friday, so I just went and got all my stuff for just over £60. That's actually quite good considering what I bought

What did you buy?! I've spent just under £20 and nearly got all my stationery. That's not including revision guides mind you, they cost like £12 each haha. ;D
Original post by Deziah

I may have paid a visit to the WHsmith back to school sales :colondollar:...any may be going again :colondollar::colondollar:

need to get a new bag though....and more shirts for sixth form (we have to wear a suit and i need more shirts...erghhh)
Reply 589
Original post by JLKeating

I'm not buying much though. 4 big lever arch files (or maybe 5), a smaller file for everyday use, some pukka pads or general notepads, some ink cartridges, coloured pencils and dividers. Maybe other bits if I spy them but I don't need too much as I can just use stuff from Year 11.

Oh wow, you make me sound so unprepared and boring, all I've bought is loads of paper, notebooks and folders. ;D
5 words sum up AS:

It is all about UMS.
Reply 591
Original post by g.k.galloway
I may have paid a visit to the WHsmith back to school sales :colondollar:...any may be going again :colondollar::colondollar:

need to get a new bag though....and more shirts for sixth form (we have to wear a suit and i need more shirts...erghhh)

Back to school sales stress me out, haha.
I bought some folders in the WHSmith sale, but the offer included three, not four. -.-

I need a new bag as well - don't know whether to get one of them ones you'd buy in secondary school which would fit all your PE kit in or just something to fit a notepad in. Probably the latter, haha. :-)
Original post by Deziah
Oh wow, you make me sound so unprepared and boring, all I've bought is loads of paper, notebooks and folders. ;D

How so? I'm hardly prepared at all :redface: haven't bought any uniform either! And I need a new bag, which I am the worst shopper for bags. I want a backpack this year but don't like the ones that are in fashion right now from places like Topshop. Just want a nice backpack but can't find anything! :frown:

I've found a really nice lever arch for taking to school on the WHSmith website, love it!
Original post by Deziah
What did you buy?! I've spent just under £20 and nearly got all my stationery. That's not including revision guides mind you, they cost like £12 each haha. ;D

I buhght 4 ringbinders with loads of file dividers & plastic wallets. Also, 4 notebooks. Including pens & pencils & hifhlighters. There's other stuff I bought, but then again, I did buy stuff for both my sisters, so overall, it was quite reasonable; although yours sounds much more reasonably priced :tongue:
Original post by Theafricanlegend
5 words sum up AS:

It is all about UMS.

How so?
Reply 595
Original post by JLKeating
How so? I'm hardly prepared at all :redface: haven't bought any uniform either! And I need a new bag, which I am the worst shopper for bags. I want a backpack this year but don't like the ones that are in fashion right now from places like Topshop. Just want a nice backpack but can't find anything! :frown:

I've found a really nice lever arch for taking to school on the WHSmith website, love it!

With the coloured pens haha. ;D
Oh, I know.No idea what bag to get and where to get it from.

What's it like? :-)

I buhght 4 ringbinders with loads of file dividers & plastic wallets. Also, 4 notebooks. Including pens & pencils & hifhlighters. There's other stuff I bought, but then again, I did buy stuff for both my sisters, so overall, it was quite reasonable; although yours sounds much more reasonably priced :tongue:

I got three ring binders, eighty plastic wallets, four A4 notebooks, four A5 notebooks, a spare A4 notebook and two pens haha. Still need to get some more pens and another ring binder. ;D
Oh wow, that's actually really good if you bought stuff for your sisters as well haha. :-)
Original post by Deziah

I got three ring binders, eighty plastic wallets, four A4 notebooks, four A5 notebooks, a spare A4 notebook and two pens haha. Still need to get some more pens and another ring binder. ;D
Oh wow, that's actually really good if you bought stuff for your sisters as well haha. :-)

I'm gonna run out of pens soon, trust me on that, you'll need loads
& I forgot that I also bought 2 sixth form ties and a lab coat for chemistry
Reply 597
I'm gonna run out of pens soon, trust me on that, you'll need loads
& I forgot that I also bought 2 sixth form ties and a lab coat for chemistry

I know haha, gonna get some more during the week. :-)
Oh wow, your own lab coat?! The college where I am going supplies them, so I don't think I need one haha.
Original post by Deziah
I know haha, gonna get some more during the week. :-)
Oh wow, your own lab coat?! The college where I am going supplies them, so I don't think I need one haha.

Good idea, stock up on the stuff :tongue:
And your lucky. I'm going to a grammar school sixth form and they're making us buy them :s-smilie: but at least I can keep them after A-levels :biggrin:
Original post by Deziah

http://www.whsmith.co.uk/CatalogAndSearch/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=34895443# :biggrin:

Latest