The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Withold your judgement for now. Remember, this is the media. The media need a good story that will sell and "everything as normal with GCSEs once more" is not a good story.

I'm dubious of that article, there is a lack of any statistics other than "dozens of schools complain about a single subject" - well in the grand scheme of things that isn't really significant.

The big story a week ago was "A Level grades drop for the first time in 27 years!". The truth was, 0.4% less A grades were rewarded - that was it. The media will find some negative aspect of results and they will all focus their main story on that.

And even if it is true, there's no point worrying over it now. I'm sure you all did your best. And your best is the best there is and no-one can ever ask anything more of you. Try to get more sleep than I did this time last year :rolleyes:
(edited 11 years ago)
I feel sick... gut clenching sick.

I haven't been nervous much over the holidays though. All the nerves stashed away have seemed to jostle and cramp into one night.
Original post by A Light Lilt
Withold your judgement for now. Remember, this is the media. The media need a good story that will sell and "everything as normal with GCSEs once more" is not a good story.

I'm dubious of that article, there is a lack of any statistics other than "dozens of schools complain about a single subject" - well in the grand scheme of things that isn't really significant.

The big story a week ago was "A Level grades drop for the first time in 27 years!". The truth was, 0.4% less A grades were rewarded - that was it. The media will find some negative aspect of results and they will all focus their main story on that.

And even if it is true, there's no point worrying over it now. I'm sure you all did your best. And your best is the best there is and no-one can ever ask anything more of you. Try to get more sleep than I did this time last year :rolleyes:

Thanks that's made me feel a bit better. But it's just annoying if it's true because I'll be compared to my siblings and have worse grades for reasons out of my hands.
Original post by Dobrzynski

I haven't been nervous much over the holidays though. All the nerves stashed away have seemed to jostle and cramp into one night.

I know right? I wish I was a Cyberman or something. No emotions please.

:colone:
Original post by multiplexing-gamer
Thanks that's made me feel a bit better. But it's just annoying if it's true because I'll be compared to my siblings and have worse grades for reasons out of my hands.
Being one of four myself, I can empathise. However, like I said, those sort of thoughts really shouldn't be worrying you ideally. GCSEs really aren't a competition at all, they are simply a means to achieve and prove a sound education in various subjects.

If it is true, then that sucks and that is unfair. But it's unfair for every year 12 (or year12-to-be). Just try to get some rest, relax and don't stress about tomorrow too much.
This might shed some more light on it?
Reply 1227
10 hours until I get my results AAAAHHHH I CAN'T TAKE IT
Original post by Paparazzo
I know right? I wish I was a Cyberman or something. No emotions please.

or a Dalek :wink:
Original post by Dobrzynski

Me too!
Original post by techno836
or a Dalek :wink:

I know a few people I'd like to exterminate! :mad:

Original post by Pandora.
This might shed some more light on it?

SH*T woah that wont affect me will it ? i dont think my CA's have gone in and i just sat on english lit exam with WJEC ? :frown:
Original post by Paparazzo
I know a few people I'd like to exterminate! :mad:

so do i :colone: micheal gove being one -.- haha
Reply 1233

It's unfair about how people like Gove are pretty much messing with our futures like this. :sigh: Ah well, I guess we just have to wait until tomorrow and see what happens...
Original post by usycool1
It's unfair about how people like Gove are pretty much messing with our futures like this. :sigh: Ah well, I guess we just have to wait until tomorrow and see what happens...

I agree; it's outrageous! I can understand wanting to toughen up the curriculum a bit, but marking people down arbitrarily is categorically wrong and unfair. Why does person X deserve to get a D when person Y gets a C for exactly the same answer/mark.
On another note, apparently all of our schools get given the results in 8 minutes!
Reply 1236
Haven't posted on here much recently but good luck everyone, hope you all get the results you want!

I've done a good job distracting myself and taking my mind off results day all summer and it seems to of come wayyy to fast, and all my nerves have kinda just hit me and I feel soooooo sick! :s-smilie:
Original post by benpearson1
On another note, apparently all of our schools get given the results in 8 minutes!
They were sent to schools today. :smile:

Right I'm off to bed, so good luck everyone! :h:
Original post by Pandora.
They were sent to schools today. :smile:

Right I'm off to bed, so good luck everyone! :h:

Good Luck
Original post by techno836
SH*T woah that wont affect me will it ? i dont think my CA's have gone in and i just sat on english lit exam with WJEC ? :frown:

People will be selected for coursework moderation from your school. Say on average the sample taken are too highly marked by 15 marks on average, the whole year will be marked down by 15. So unfortunetly, I think you too are involved.

Latest