The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by usycool1
I knew your spoiler would say that :sigh:

:h:
Reply 1581
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
:h:

Slow moving threads are the latest fashion now, though. So unfortunately, your thread is still no where near as cool or awesome as ours is :awesome:
Slow moving threads are the latest fashion now, though. So unfortunately, your thread is still no where near as cool or awesome as ours is :awesome:

Yeah, but my thread has more posts by ME in it, so by definition mine is better :smile:

I'm not egotistical I swear.
Original post by shadab786ahmed
Chemistry :wink: over Biology... :tongue: any day! Those sound nice, what are.you hoping to study?

I mean I might not be able to study bio and chem since it may be filled up. I hope to study eco, maths,computing ^_^
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Sheel1
I mean I might not be able to study bio and chem since it may be filled up. I hope to study eco, maths,computing ^_^

Aaah... I see
I have like more posts than you on most threads :wink:

Usy btw..
Has everyone got their bag and folders ready for year 12? I still haven't got mine, and I don't have a clue what I need and what sort of bag I should get. :s
Original post by Pandora.
Has everyone got their bag and folders ready for year 12? I still haven't got mine, and I don't have a clue what I need and what sort of bag I should get. :s

I'm getting a black leather shoulder bag :perv: wbu? :smile:

Please rate some other members before rating this member again

So would have +1 reped you :biggrin:
Original post by Blueray2
I'm getting a black leather shoulder bag :perv: wbu? :smile:
Nice :sexface: I don't have a clue :eek:

I was going to get a shoulder bag....until I saw all the textbooks I need to carry plus the four ringbinders I have... = rucksack :colondollar: I also have to wear a black jacket and a shoulder bag will probably make a bobbly mark, but that's just me :smile:

anddd yehhh I went on a binge to the WHsmith back to school sales on friday :colondollar:
Reply 1591
I'm still thinking about the bag I want.

/indecisive XD

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by g.k.galloway
I was going to get a shoulder bag....until I saw all the textbooks I need to carry plus the four ringbinders I have... = rucksack :colondollar: I also have to wear a black jacket and a shoulder bag will probably make a bobbly mark, but that's just me :smile:

anddd yehhh I went on a binge to the WHsmith back to school sales on friday :colondollar:
True, I didn't think of that! I'll have to find something that'll hold all my stuff since all my bags seem to fall apart after a week. :teehee: Fair point :smile:

Ooh, I forgot there was a sale! What type of folders did you get if you don't mind me asking? I don't want to get too much and then realise that I've over prepared and that no one else has as much as me :tongue:

I've gone for a rather lovely overnight bag, because I know I'll have so much to carry about.

This is it...

http://www.paperchase.co.uk/content/ebiz/paperchase/invt/00498970/00498970_large.jpg

I've bought some of the matching items too, as I'm sad like that!
True, I didn't think of that! I'll have to find something that'll hold all my stuff since all my bags seem to fall apart after a week. :teehee: Fair point :smile:

Ooh, I forgot there was a sale! What type of folders did you get if you don't mind me asking? I don't want to get too much and then realise that I've over prepared and that no one else has as much as me :tongue:

I got four normal ringbinders (2 from tesco's and 2 from smiths) to take to school for notes, one for each subject. Then at home I have four box files (different colours) for once I have finished with a set of notes in the ring binder...if that makes sense?
also got dividers for all the folders and some ring binder popper wallets (awesome creation you can get them in smiths) for anything I don't want to holepunch and to put A4 exercise books in, there is one of those in each folder too. :smile:
finally I got 1 big lever arch folder for exam time, hoping that I can put all revision in there etc...but won't need that for a while, just got it whilst it was cheap :smile:

oh and the box files are 3 for £8 in smiths, had to buy one extra but it was still quite cheap :smile:...needed two baskets by the time I was finished :colondollar:
(edited 11 years ago)
We get given files and all sorts so I went out and bought brand new stationery and I got a shoulder bag like this as we only need to bring notes for the current topic everyday :h:: :
file_2_18.jpg
Reply 1596
Original post by rock.and.rose
I've gone for a rather lovely overnight bag, because I know I'll have so much to carry about.

This is it...

http://www.paperchase.co.uk/content/ebiz/paperchase/invt/00498970/00498970_large.jpg

Ooo that's nice. Where did you get it from? :smile:

Also I've done a pretty small amount of stationery shopping even though it's my favourite kind because it's just really expensive. I think i'm going to have to do little bits throughout the year.

Original post by rock.and.rose

This is it...

That's gorgeous! Really nice bag :yep:

Nah not sad, they'll look good! :biggrin:
Original post by g.k.galloway
I got four normal ringbinders (2 from tesco's and 2 from smiths) to take to school for notes, one for each subject. Then at home I have four box files (different colours) for once I have finished with a set of notes in the ring binder...if that makes sense?
also got dividers for all the folders and some ring binder popper wallets (awesome creation you can get them in smiths) for anything I don't want to holepunch and to put A4 exercise books in, there is one of those in each folder too. :smile:
finally I got 1 big lever arch folder for exam time, hoping that I can put all revision in there etc...but won't need that for a while, just got it whilst it was cheap :smile:

oh and the box files are 3 for £8 in smiths, had to buy one extra but it was still quite cheap :smile:...needed two baskets by the time I was finished :colondollar:
Wow, a lot there! But I can't see how you'd go wrong. I might have to follow your lead :biggrin: Yeah it makes sense, great idea!

I don't mean to sound nosey with this, but did it cost too much? I'm quite tight on money at the moment and I don't want to overdo it. :redface:
Original post by >Untitled<
We get given files and all sorts so I went out and bought brand new stationery and I got a shoulder bag like this as we only need to bring notes for the current topic everyday :h:: :
file_2_18.jpg
I like that bag a lot :yep: It's the sort of kind I want
Original post by whathe
Ooo that's nice. Where did you get it from? :smile:

Also I've done a pretty small amount of stationery shopping even though it's my favourite kind because it's just really expensive. I think i'm going to have to do little bits throughout the year.

It's from Paperchase.

I love it in there. I spent a small fortune in there today!

It took me about half an hour to decide which academic diary to buy, they had about 40 in the store, and I wanted them all. In the end, I let my boyfriend pick one, as he was getting very frustrated with me!!
That's gorgeous! Really nice bag :yep:

Nah not sad, they'll look good! :biggrin:
Wow, a lot there! But I can't see how you'd go wrong. I might have to follow your lead :biggrin: Yeah it makes sense, great idea!

I don't mean to sound nosey with this, but did it cost too much? I'm quite tight on money at the moment and I don't want to overdo it. :redface:I like that bag a lot :yep: It's the sort of kind I want

Tescos ring binders were around £2 ish...bit less I think, smiths ones were a little more I would say ringbinders came to a total of £9 (if i round it up)
Box files were 3 for £8 then I think the last one was £3.50 (ish...lots of ish's here :colondollar:)...this was probably the most expensive part = £11.50
popper wallets (5 pack of different colours) was £2.99
then I got a few bits and bobs - pens, new ruler, A5 notebook etc which came to a total of about £10
oh and the big lever arch file was £3.50 I think...but I got that ages ago so can't really remember exactly

so if my maths is right = 36.99 (yes actually that is more than I thought it was but you might not need the bits and bobs and to be honest you don't need the lever arch file yet :smile: )

Oh and I bought my rucksack on Amazon, that was £20...which I didn't think was tooooo bad as it will last me ages (its a roxy one and my last one lasted me 3 years)

Latest