Primary School Teaching Watch

lunalovegood11
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi guys!

What is the difference between Primary School Teaching (General) which is course code X101 and Primary School Teaching with QTS which is course code X120.

Do you need a QTS to teach?

Please help!!!:confused::confused:
Shelly_x
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
You need QTS to become a teacher yes. Otherwise you will need to do an extra year (PGCE) after your degree (if it does not come with QTS) to be able to teach.
london_toon
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
can anyone help, sorry if this is in the wrong area, im looking to do a pgce primary (maybe secondry not sure yet) in sep 2013. Is there a process which you have start, or do i just ask different unis myself?
affinity89
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by london_toon)
can anyone help, sorry if this is in the wrong area, im looking to do a pgce primary (maybe secondry not sure yet) in sep 2013. Is there a process which you have start, or do i just ask different unis myself?
You apply through GTTR - it is like UCAS. You complete an application form and a personal statement.

Applications open late September/early October usually. For primary, the deadline is December.
london_toon
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by affinity89)
You apply through GTTR - it is like UCAS. You complete an application form and a personal statement.

Applications open late September/early October usually. For primary, the deadline is December.
Thank you, i'll have a look on GTTR then nearer the time.
cho
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi would like some advice on apply for a pgce I have completed my CACHE diploma, award and certificate in childcare and education, award. I am going to start a Higher National Diploma course at a college in Advanced Practice in work with families and children and then will top it up to a degree at a university in primary education. I have got a C in, Psychology, Food Nutrition, Maths, English language and inchemistry GCSE would I be able to do a pgce in primary education with thesequalifications?
I am born in the uk but I have studied abroad for two years in India which has affected my grades in gcse's as I came back to the uk when I was 16 so only had a year to do my gcse's. Would appreciate some help.

Thank you

X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (109)
19.82%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (223)
40.55%
Nope, not that interesting (218)
39.64%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed