The Student Room Group

Over qualified?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by nano1990
Can someone be over qualified for a job if he/she completes their masters?

Don't get gassed.
Reply 21
Original post by evantej

I think you should take their application at face value rather than reading things into it: they have applied because they want that job!

i agree that the reason they are applying is because they want that job, so why is it employers turn u down because your over qualified? Still havent had a proper justified answer!!!!
Original post by nano1990
i agree that the reason they are applying is because they want that job, so why is it employers turn u down because your over qualified? Still havent had a proper justified answer!!!!

You have had the same justified answer from several posters. It is an answer you may not like but there is nothing wrong with the reasoning. Employers employ people to meet their own objectives not those of their unsuccesful applicants. The fact that an applicant wants the job doesn't mean that it serves the interest of the employer to give the applicant that job.

Let us make it personal. Would you want to work in the job you are now seeking, and which you are said to be over-qualified for, for the next 30 years? If not, why should I employ you when there is a school-leaver who would be delighted to work for me for 30 years?
Reply 23
Original post by nulli tertius
You have had the same justified answer from several posters. It is an answer you may not like but there is nothing wrong with the reasoning. Employers employ people to meet their own objectives not those of their unsuccesful applicants. The fact that an applicant wants the job doesn't mean that it serves the interest of the employer to give the applicant that job.

Let us make it personal. Would you want to work in the job you are now seeking, and which you are said to be over-qualified for, for the next 30 years? If not, why should I employ you when there is a school-leaver who would be delighted to work for me for 30 years?

The way u put it that time has answered my topic about being over qualified thank u :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Quick Reply