Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi there
    First of all, congrats to everyone this year who got into University, or got an apprenticeship or job. Unfortunately, I didn't get the grades needed to go to university. I needed ABBB but got BBCC for my A-levels. I was quite lucky compared to others as I was already deferring an entry for 2013. Therefore, because I lost my place, I have decided to reapply through UCAS this year. I just have a few questions about reapplying:
    1. Do I have to re-register with UCAS this year, or can I just edit the details from my previous application?
    2. If so, how do I edit the details from my last application? Is it even possible to?
    3. My A/S level grades were ABBB in English lit, Art, French and Biology respectively. Because I have decided to retake my A2 exams, could I just enter my A/S level grades without the A2 level grades, considering I am starting a clean slate, as it were?
    4. How do you enter retakes into the UCAS form? I read you had to enter each subject twice- once for the original results and another for the retake. Or do I just leave the grade of the specific module blank (which is what I did last year) but am now having doubts

Thanks for all answers

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    I was in your position last year except I didn't plan on defering/taking a gap year...to answer your questions:
    1. Some of your details will be available but you'll have to re-register and make a new personal statement as well as get a new reference
    2. The information is kinda stored in the system I guess so it matches up. I'm not so sure I remember...
    3. No, you have to list all exam results so you put down the A2 grades you have achieved this exam session.
    4. You list the A2 subjects again and add pending and a different due date.

Hope I helped

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lumzz)
    Hi
    I was in your position last year except I didn't plan on defering/taking a gap year...to answer your questions:
    1. Some of your details will be available but you'll have to re-register and make a new personal statement as well as get a new reference
    2. The information is kinda stored in the system I guess so it matches up. I'm not so sure I remember...
    3. No, you have to list all exam results so you put down the A2 grades you have achieved this exam session.
    4. You list the A2 subjects again and add pending and a different due date.

Hope I helped
    have the same position as well but the new personal statement is not necessary, u can still use the previous personal statement at all.....in addition, the UCAS ID still the same as last year as well...

ReputationRep:
    Really? Personally I thought that since I was starting a new application I'd need a new personal statement to reflect the changes that had occurred since the first one was written. Obviously I'd imagine you'd mention that you resat A2's and talk about the efforts you would be making to improve both your grades and yourself as a new applicant, as well as about what you think went wrong last time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lumzz)
    Really? Personally I thought that since I was starting a new application I'd need a new personal statement to reflect the changes that had occurred since the first one was written. Obviously I'd imagine you'd mention that you resat A2's and talk about the efforts you would be making to improve both your grades and yourself as a new applicant, as well as about what you think went wrong last time.
    forest seems wanna improve his grade as well, even u apply as a new applicant , the unite candidate no. where is shown on you result ,will still the same , the Uni will know you are retaking the exam what even u do..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tangfailam)
    forest seems wanna improve his grade as well, even u apply as a new applicant , the unite candidate no. where is shown on you result ,will still the same , the Uni will know you are retaking the exam what even u do..
    I get that. I'm assuming forest wants to resit the A2's, because he/she knows they could have done better. If forest works hard, I believe he/she WILL do better and I think it's a good idea to let the university you apply to know that you actually believe you can improve your grades. Not to go off tangent but, in my lower sixth I got an A in the full Math A-level and C's in Physics and Chemistry AS.
    I had a horrible upper sixth due to family issues and got D's in Physics and Chemistry, and an E in my F. Math. I knew I could've done better and took a year out and redid my A2, while self teaching and got a B in Chemistry in Jan. and a B in F. Math in the June session. While my grades aren't exactly mind blowing, I'm in a much better place academically and have learnt things about myself.
    My advice to you, and anyone in your situation would be to envision realistically where you want to be next year, write down the steps you would be honestly willing to take to better yourself, and include them in your personal statement. I'm not saying I'm right but I believe any university would like to see how committed you are to your studies especially because you'd be resitting A2's.

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lumzz)
    I get that. I'm assuming forest wants to resit the A2's, because he/she knows they could have done better. If forest works hard, I believe he/she WILL do better and I think it's a good idea to let the university you apply to know that you actually believe you can improve your grades. Not to go off tangent but, in my lower sixth I got an A in the full Math A-level and C's in Physics and Chemistry AS.
    I had a horrible upper sixth due to family issues and got D's in Physics and Chemistry, and an E in my F. Math. I knew I could've done better and took a year out and redid my A2, while self teaching and got a B in Chemistry in Jan. and a B in F. Math in the June session. While my grades aren't exactly mind blowing, I'm in a much better place academically and have learnt things about myself.
    My advice to you, and anyone in your situation would be to envision realistically where you want to be next year, write down the steps you would be honestly willing to take to better yourself, and include them in your personal statement. I'm not saying I'm right but I believe any university would like to see how committed you are to your studies especially because you'd be resitting A2's.

Good luck
    i agree with u ...and it really depends on how much effort u put into on your study.....last I had got BCE in JUNE. After a year, got A*AB.

to be honest,if u got a conditional offer ,u will be normally be given a offer as well without any change in your PS. But it also can add sth as what u just said.

Good luck X2

ReputationRep:
    thanks for all the advice guys, I really appreciate it. I worked my ass off for my a2s, but unfortunately, and I am not making excuses, but everyones grades in art were bad in our school, so it is a shame, but I know I'll get the A grades I want next year, because I'll work my ass off again until I do get them :P

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.