Is it possible to argue for an offer when UCAS is unsuccessful? Watch

5loVeCc
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I am so disappointed, my UCAS status changed to unsuccessful several hours ago, and I don't know why the college rejected me. The course I applied is Mathematics with Statistics for Finance, and the condition is A*A*A+IELTS6.5*4.

I achieved the A-level grade of A*A*A successfully but failed to pass the IELTS requirement.
I have took two IELTS tests(both were overall 7). In the first time, I got 8 in reading,7.5 in listening, 6.5 in writing and 6 in speaking, and in the next test, I got 7.5 in reading, 8 in listening, 6 in writing and 7 in speaking.

I guess I was rejected for the sake of IELTS, but some of my friends think the reason is that my A-level grade is not very competitive, expecially the Physics. In fact, I started to learn the Physics in March of 2012 and sited all six modulus in May and June's test. Therefore, the result is AAABBA and overall A, the mark is 501/600.

I am quite upset about this. Is it possible to argue to change the decesion? Or is there anybody who have argued the Imperial College successfully?
Johnson Ruan
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hahaha. Last year I was rejected with 9.0 Reading, 9.0 Listening, 8.0 Speaking and 6.5 Writing, because they wanted 7.0 each. I believe that my A-Level grades are competitive enough with all > 90% and almost all 100%. I really doubt that you can appeal successfully but you may try.
5loVeCc
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Really? no reason to reject such a brilliant student unless the admission officer is drunk. In fact, I am an Asia student, and it is very difficult for me to get a IELTS score as good as yours. About 25 students in my school got an offer of IC but almost all of us are confronted with language difficulty. My teacher will contact the admission office next Monday. I hope he can persuade the officer, though nearly impossible.

Where are you from? which university did you choose at last? I think you are an oxbridge material

Now UCL becomes my Firm choice. If the argument was failed I might have no choice but to go to the UCL.
Johnson Ruan
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm an Asian as well (Vietnamese). And last year I applied to read Medicine so thats maybe why. I took a gap year at last. You should have asked your teacher to support you earlier. Now it might be too late as all places are settled already. UCL is very good as well. And you can save about £10000 or more per year which is brilliant. Anw good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (146)
27.6%
No (383)
72.4%

Watched Threads