Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Just got my AS results:
Maths - A
Further Maths - A
computing - C
Physics - E

What i'm wondering is whether to bother going after some of the higher end university's like Oxford, Warwick, Southampton etc. Computing i got a B in comp 2 and a D in comp1 (didn't revise) and let's not even go into physics.
What do you think?
thanks.
tooosh
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I wouldn't try going for Oxbridge, Imperial or Edinburgh but with a retake in comp1 and AAA prediction everything else is fair game.
Aagni
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Similar result except I completely mess up my maths

Computing - C (A in CW and E in test)
Maths - E (52,50,40)
Psychology - E (58,29)
gbuchanan
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
With those grades, AAB or ABB would be likely final outcomes, so there are good departments that will consider you. Some may be concerned at your Physics performance though, as that can be a good predictor of performance in the more engineering style parts of CS. Your Maths is clearly looking good, though, which is vital for many places.

As another poster said, perhaps not the very high reputation, very high selectivity courses - which would be a stretch - but plenty of places with a good reputation at both departmental and institutional levels.

George
tooosh
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Aagni)
Similar result except I completely mess up my maths

Computing - C (A in CW and E in test)
Maths - E (52,50,40)
Psychology - E (58,29)
If I were you I'd do a whole bunch of retakes next year, possibly even apply for 2014 if you don't get the A2s you want. CEE might not even get you into CS courses that are more like advanced IT courses.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (860)
80.37%
Leave (210)
19.63%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed