Women - If men stopped approaching you, would you start approaching men??? Watch

rockin_n_rollin_
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
To the women of TSR, here's an interesting hypothetical question for you....

It's my observation that women hardly ever approach men. If men want to get laid or get a girlfriend, they have to approach women and initiate things.

So, the question: If all men in society stopped approaching women, would you start approaching men? Or would you just not bother with men?

Why is it that the man is always expected to be the one to approach and start the conversation? As a woman, don't you ever take it upon yourself to ever make a move on someone you think is attractive? I mean, if we men didn't approach you, nobody would ever hook up.
Nerol
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Personally, I love approaching men! I find that a lot of men that approach me are sleazy and creepy, so I figure it's better for me to approach men that look normal, for one, and that I find attractive. It tends to go down well; I guess it's a confidence boost for guys to have a woman coming onto them...
ClaraJayne
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by rockin_n_rollin_)
To the women of TSR, here's an interesting hypothetical question for you....

It's my observation that women hardly ever approach men. If men want to get laid or get a girlfriend, they have to approach women and initiate things.

So, the question: If all men in society stopped approaching women, would you start approaching men? Or would you just not bother with men?

Why is it that the man is always expected to be the one to approach and start the conversation? As a woman, don't you ever take it upon yourself to ever make a move on someone you think is attractive? I mean, if we men didn't approach you, nobody would ever hook up.
I always make the effort and i'm a girl, A guys never made an effort for me :/.
I'm always the one doing the chasing all the time. And always the one being pushed away.
desdemonata
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'll let you know when I start being approached so it can then stop :rolleyes:
kunoichi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Who says we dont approach men?

This pressure to approach girls is put upon men by other men, cuz quite frankly most girls really dont mind asking guys out and such.
Lil Piranha
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Well I've never been approached - I did try approaching guys and asking them out, but it was nothing more than an exercise in futility. On the other hand, I don't think I've ever seen such fast metaphorical back-pedalling.
*Star*Guitar*
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The perception that only men approach women is probably because men don't have much preference with who they have sex with - and what are most men approaching women for? They don't instantly have long-term compatability in mind, that takes more time.

Whereas most women, I think, have the idea of a relationship and connection in mind, before sex. So instantly a woman is setting the bar pretty high, and will be limiting those men she may want to approach. That of course shows that it's not that a woman won't ever approach a man, it's just she's less likely to find those she may want to approach.

If I personally find a guy attractive in several senses - looks, charisma, humour, whatever - I would be happy to take the opportunity to take that further.
Millie228
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
This will clear things up for you
http://www.therulesrevisited.com/201...e-contact.html

Blog is written by a guy btw. One that is good with women
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (101)
19.65%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (210)
40.86%
Nope, not that interesting (203)
39.49%

Watched Threads