The Student Room Group

The Italian Football Thread

The Italian Football Discussion Thread

In case it somehow isn't obvious, this is a thread to discuss all things to do with Italian Football. :p:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
i like italy.
Reply 2
Juve for the Scudetto unfortunately.
Juventus!

Hopefully Inter crash and burn some more.
Reply 4
Forza Juve!
Forza Sampdoria!

I just want us to stay up this year. :crossedf: First game is against AC Milan too... hope we can demolish them.
Reply 6
*subcribes*

Looking forward to the start of the new season, forza Toro!
Reply 7
Forza nerazzurri!
I think the top 3 will be the big 3 this season in all honesty or maybe lazio thrown into the mix. Juve have strengthened, inter have strengthened, milan have stagnated but still have enough firepower up front without ibra, lazio haven't sold any key players from what I know, lavezzi loss may be too much for napoli and roma are a season away from making the top 3 as they're still rebuilding.

Juve, inter, milan, lazio, napoli, udinese, roma for top 7 in that order.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 8
Gollacccioooo

Forza Udinese :dontknow: I'm more of a neutral.

Following
Reply 9
Forza the Rossoneri, hopefully they make one or two more signings, and hopefully the Scudetto shall be ours.
Reply 10
Juventus/Napoli for the Scudetto!

Can't see the Milan clubs challenging for the title this season.
Reply 11
Original post by I Kant Spall
Forza Sampdoria!

I just want us to stay up this year. :crossedf: First game is against AC Milan too... hope we can demolish them.

In your dreams mate!!
I haven't watched much Serie A over the last few years. I should really change that.

I have a soft spot for Chievo. I remember their first season in Serie A back in 2001/02 when they finished 5th and even led the league for a few weeks. Also, the Flying Donkeys is a great nickname.
Rumours of a Cassano-Pazzini swap between the two San Siro sides, while Juve are negotiating with Athletic re Llorente - latest bid is €18m. I think he'll go for just north of €20m, tbh.
Dunno how I feel about a Cassano-Pazzini swap. I love both players and they're my favorite Italian strikers. God, that glory period with Sampdoria in the CL and those two banging in all the goals? What a time for Italian football. Pazzini would probably be more suited to Milan's playstyle than Cassano... he's a quick target man but still doesn't hold a candle to Ibra.

But Cassano at Inter? Since when does Inter use Italian players? :mmm: Nonetheless, there is the potential of Cassano-Coutinho flairy link-up play. I'd be happy if any of the Milan teams can challenge Juve's hegemony at the top. Heck, even Napoli, Fiorentina, or Roma for that matter.

One more week, guys. :sogood:
Reply 15
Original post by I Kant Spall
Dunno how I feel about a Cassano-Pazzini swap. I love both players and they're my favorite Italian strikers. God, that glory period with Sampdoria in the CL and those two banging in all the goals? What a time for Italian football. Pazzini would probably be more suited to Milan's playstyle than Cassano... he's a quick target man but still doesn't hold a candle to Ibra.

But Cassano at Inter? Since when does Inter use Italian players? :mmm: Nonetheless, there is the potential of Cassano-Coutinho flairy link-up play. I'd be happy if any of the Milan teams can challenge Juve's hegemony at the top. Heck, even Napoli, Fiorentina, or Roma for that matter.

One more week, guys. :sogood:

Cassano in place for pazzini, looks like inter bought the wrong player from sampdoria in the january transfer window. Cassano is better by far tbh, I don't rate pazzini although pazzini isn't fitted to the system and doesn't want to be second fiddle to milito. Cassano-coutinho with milito up front, they'll have to drop someone though, milito did wonders for them last season, doubt they'll get rid of zanetti and shuffle the team around, guarin has just come in and cambiasso is still quality and just forget about dropping sneijder. Maybe they'll just rotate around.
Reply 16
Isn't Ricky Alvarez also a starter at Inter?

Milito
Cassano Alvarez Coutinho
Sneijder Cambiasso

Something like that? With Guarin perhaps slowly beginning to take over Cambiasso's role over the next season or two?
Mesbah could be leaving Milan, Palermo want him. :crossedf:
Apologies for the double post.....

Serie A approves long bench. Will this catch on elsewhere? :beard:
Reply 19
According to the ever reliable @tancredipalmeri Inter are close to signing Gargano on loan from Napoli too along with Cassano.

Quick Reply

Latest