The Student Room Group

The Italian Football Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sevchenko
Lamela>Ljajic>Muriel. They're all staying put.

Muriel would be the most likely signing for LFC. He would be good player for LFC imo.

Tbh id have to say Muriel has the potential to become really great he's got the speed and dribbling to become great
Original post by Straight up G
ah cheers boss. Are you basing that on current ability or potential?

A bit of both imo, his development is similar to Coutinho's. If he did move to LFC sturridge would be beterr than him but Muriel's potential far exceeds any striker at LFC.
Original post by sevchenko
A bit of both imo, his development is similar to Coutinho's. If he did move to LFC sturridge would be beterr than him but Muriel's potential far exceeds any striker at LFC.

Really? On the basis of his first half season, Sturridge has the potential to reach the Falcao/Cavani level of centre forwards. Personally I have doubts whether he'll ever get the pure consistency those two have, but he's got everything in his locker. So if Muriel has a higher potential than that, that's damn high praise.
Reply 763
Pardon, have I just seen Strurridge being compared to Cavani and Falcao? Jesus ****ing christ.

Don't you dare put Daniels names with Radamel ever again...
Original post by Bubzeh
Pardon, have I just seen Strurridge being compared to Cavani and Falcao? Jesus ****ing christ.

Don't you dare put Daniels names with Radamel ever again...

:lol:
I had to refrain from commenting on that.
Reply 765
Original post by Basiji
JuBe 1-1 Inter, Inter win 9-8 on penalties with Carrizo the keeper scoring the winning penalty!Happy with the result. Only managed to watch the second half but I thought everyone played well especially Belfodil, Alvarez and Kuzmanovic. The penalty JuBe got was never a penalty, ffs buying the refs again even in a non-competitive match. We deserved the win in normal time.

I am quite worried about Inter for the coming season. I have my doubts about the 3 CBs formation with Inter's current players.

Inter don't have enough quality CMs. And they are really lacking in the ST/CF department. Palacio can't do it alone all season. Not enough quality down the wings.

It's really not looking good. But let's see what Mazzari can do. I hope he's tactically flexible enough to not stick with his 3 CB formation when there's enough evidence that it won't work at Inter.

But I cannot see Inter challenging for the top 3 this season.
I can't wait to see this Juicy Juventus attacking line in action. Llorente doesn't start :confused:
Reply 767
Inter 4-0 Cittadela, Coppa Italia 3rd round. Completely forgot about the match. I knew it was at 5.30 as well ffs.

Palacio scored a brace with Jonathan and Ranocchia scoring too. :ahee:

We got newly promoted Serie B team Trapani in the next round. Should be a walk in the park... well it better be.
Reply 768
Come on this thread for the first time and all I see is a deluded scouser, they're everywhere.
Osvaldo to Southampton. :lolwut:
Original post by WhatamIdoing
:lol:
I had to refrain from commenting on that.

Tbf if Robin van Persie is on that level now I see no reason why sturridge won't get to that level his record(like balo at milan) speaks for itself since the bolton loan and when he got games for chelsea. It's not like Falcao was great before going to porto and people were saying that hulk was in the top tier as well. I bet jackson martines does have that potential though and balotelli does too but sturridge doesn't :rolleyes:
Original post by CB91
Osvaldo to Southampton. :lolwut:

Southampton are doing really well in the transfer window imo.

Basically improved through the entire spine in Osvaldo, Wanyama and Lovren.

Imo they will be this season's WBA.
I'm surprised Cortese and his board is injecting so much money into the club - you can be rest assured they'd never have backed Adkins with this amount of money but they believe in Pochettino and are backing him and he has to deliver results for Southampton this season.
Original post by jam277
Tbf if Robin van Persie is on that level now I see no reason why sturridge won't get to that level his record(like balo at milan) speaks for itself since the bolton loan and when he got games for chelsea. It's not like Falcao was great before going to porto and people were saying that hulk was in the top tier as well. I bet jackson martines does have that potential though and balotelli does too but sturridge doesn't :rolleyes:

Fair enough, but I just don't see it happening. Sturridge's decision making is ridiculously poor at times. But he is young so again, you never know. Football's an unpredicatable sport, which is the beauty of it. No one would've guessed the impact Koscielny would make at Arsenal when he was initially signed.
Original post by WhatamIdoing
Fair enough, but I just don't see it happening. Sturridge's decision making is ridiculously poor at times.

Agree with the second bit but not here tbh. At chelsea that was a problem when he was on the wing, pretty similar to arjen robben(I call sturridge the black arjen robben in fact :lol:) but his movement, pace, dribbling, passing(he does 30 yard volley passes with ease) are at a great level, also seems like he's good at shooting from distance which was something I didn't see too much at chelsea.

Whenever he gets games(eg under AVB, bolton loan and liverpool) he's had a great goalscoring record and brings a lot to the team. I'd go as far to say that liverpool won't miss suarez during these 6 games he's banned, like when sturridge was getting goals for fun when suarez first got the ban.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 775
Come on Milan!

Do it for Italia!
Will switch between sociedad and Milan. I'm happy neither got each other. Milan should dispatch of PSV with ease I think.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 777
Original post by jam277
Will switch between sociedad and Milan. I'm happy neither got each other. Milan should dispatch of PSV with ease I think.

Shame about the result. Poor from Abbiati, when he gifted PSV a goal.

But I gotta give credit to PSV for having a real go at Milan. Milan should have been better in possession and been more clinical.

How did the sociedad game go?
Original post by jam277
Agree with the second bit but not here tbh. At chelsea that was a problem when he was on the wing, pretty similar to arjen robben(I call sturridge the black arjen robben in fact :lol:) but his movement, pace, dribbling, passing(he does 30 yard volley passes with ease) are at a great level, also seems like he's good at shooting from distance which was something I didn't see too much at chelsea.

Whenever he gets games(eg under AVB, bolton loan and liverpool) he's had a great goalscoring record and brings a lot to the team. I'd go as far to say that liverpool won't miss suarez during these 6 games he's banned, like when sturridge was getting goals for fun when suarez first got the ban.

Yeah I must admit he has looked beastly for Liverpool so far, the chemistry with Coutinho and Aspas is looking very, very promising. I still find his decision making to be pretty poor at times though. A bit greedy for my liking.
Poli looks like a real player for Milan.

Quick Reply

Latest