The Student Room Group

The Italian Football Thread

Scroll to see replies

Inter and Roma's start to the season has been pretty amazing must say.
Reply 841
Forza naples
Roma 3-0 up to inter

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 843
Gervinho absolutely tore us to pieces today, with his pace and skill. Turned Rolando and Ranocchia inside out so many times. Totti and De Rossi were absolute dons as well. Totti's ball control :sogood:.

Tbh though, I don't think Roma played that well. Defended very well, and just countered. Always gave the ball to Gervinho and he just fking ran through our defence like no one was there. Pissed me off so much.

1st goal, individual error from Ranocchia - that's why I don't trust this guy. Never looks comfrotable on the ball and very clumsy.

2nd goal, Gervinho running at our defence, can't deal with his pace and then ****ty Pereira dives in with a poor tackle and gives a penalty away.

3rd goal, classic counter from our own corner Taking the liberties man. Totti somehow manages to get the ball away from 2 Inter players on the edge of his own box and just dirty counter. 2 vs 4.

Really poor goals to concede imo. Apart from the goals they didn't really create anything but then again neither did we.

Massive reality check for Inter man. Don't feel good.
Inter have started excellently against Verona. Two nil up after 11 mins.
Reply 845
4 really ugly scrappy goals from Inter. But a win is a win, I guess. Can't believe Mazzari starts Rolando over the General Walter Samuel. I mean Samuel is still quality at 36. Strong, experienced leader. Rolando is just so similar in Ranocchia. Uncomfortable on the ball, clumsy and slow. Still we are really really really missing Campagnaro. Sooner he comes back the more clean sheets we get and the better Ranocchia plays and keeps Rolando out the team!

Forza Inter!!!!
Milan drawing again lol. Can Allegri just get sacked already?
Reply 847
Forza naples
Original post by The Assassin

Watch milan come 2nd though :rofl: but seriously if they get top 3 this season over inter I'll be pissed off
Original post by jam277
Watch milan come 2nd though :rofl: but seriously if they get top 3 this season over inter I'll be pissed off

Will be a miracle for them to get top 3. Allegri never has the balls to play an attacking line up. Always with his stupid 2-3 defensive midfielders who can't even hold the ball for more than 2 seconds. At least Kaka scored today though :moon:. Guy did well last season but he needs to go;.

Inter doing really well with Mazzari though aren't they. Actually play with some belief and confidence as well. Mazzari is a class manager.
Will be a miracle for them to get top 3. Allegri never has the balls to play an attacking line up. Always with his stupid 2-3 defensive midfielders who can't even hold the ball for more than 2 seconds. At least Kaka scored today though :moon:. Guy did well last season but he needs to go;.

Inter doing really well with Mazzari though aren't they. Actually play with some belief and confidence as well. Mazzari is a class manager.

I was shocked when mazzari didn't make the list for manager of the year, personally think he did much better than mourinho and wenger last season. They only pick the big names. Conte should have won it last year since he transformed juve from an underacheiving team who'd struggle to get europa league to a unbeaten machine.

Bet if roma won the league the manager wouldn't even make the list for manager of the year.
Original post by jam277
I was shocked when mazzari didn't make the list for manager of the year, personally think he did much better than mourinho and wenger last season. They only pick the big names. Conte should have won it last year since he transformed juve from an underacheiving team who'd struggle to get europa league to a unbeaten machine.

Bet if roma won the league the manager wouldn't even make the list for manager of the year.

Mhm Simeone could've been on there as well tbh.

Like what Garcia is doing though. Honestly didn't expect them to do this well. Hopefully they keep it up because it'd be nice to see a change of winners (and to see them in the CL again).
Reply 852
Mazz being vastly overated on here by you two. Inter will be very lucky to finish in the top 4 this season. Yet they don't even have European Competition to take into consideration. Teams like Roma and Liverpool have actually used that as a recipe for success. I hope AC finish above them. I know they suck too but.... Inter suck more.

But yeah. Amazing how Simeone wasn't on the shortlist.

Forza Rafa
Original post by Bubzeh
Mazz being vastly overated on here by you two. Inter will be very lucky to finish in the top 4 this season. Yet they don't even have European Competition to take into consideration. Teams like Roma and Liverpool have actually used that as a recipe for success. I hope AC finish above them. I know they suck too but.... Inter suck more.

But yeah. Amazing how Simeone wasn't on the shortlist.

Forza Rafa

He transformed napoli, helped their finances and dealt with selling a key player in lavezzi well, won the italian cup in 2012 and came 2nd in 2013, he deserves it almost as much as simeone.

Although tbh Simeone would be 3rd for manager of the year imo, just under klopp. Inter seems like they'll sort themselves out, their central midfield is shocking though. There's just so much averageness in the side its sad, especially in midfield. Alvarez should not be starting, kovacic is good but not really ready yet(unlike coutinho) and the rest generally suck bar palacio who's boss, jonathan hasn't been too bad this season when I've watched him though. Although their defence isn't as bad as people make out when samuel, rano and juan play together.
Reply 854
Original post by jam277
He transformed napoli, helped their finances and dealt with selling a key player in lavezzi well, won the italian cup in 2012 and came 2nd in 2013, he deserves it almost as much as simeone.

Although tbh Simeone would be 3rd for manager of the year imo, just under klopp. Inter seems like they'll sort themselves out, their central midfield is shocking though. There's just so much averageness in the side its sad, especially in midfield. Alvarez should not be starting, kovacic is good but not really ready yet(unlike coutinho) and the rest generally suck bar palacio who's boss, jonathan hasn't been too bad this season when I've watched him though. Although their defence isn't as bad as people make out when samuel, rano and juan play together.

I don't think you've been watching Inter this season. Alvarez has been playing exceptionally well and is gradually starting to live up to the hype he generated 2-3 years ago when Arsenal were in for him. He's the only player that is direct and actually runs at the defenders and his skills are :coma: He already has 3 goals and 3 assists which isn't too bad 9 games in. Samuel has only played 1 game this season and that was on Tuesday against Atalanta and he was actually at fault for the goal they conceded (still would rather play Samuel than that donkey Rolando). It's mainly Campagnaro who Inter are desperately missing.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Basiji
I don't think you've been watching Inter this season. Alvarez has been playing exceptionally well and is gradually starting to live up to the hype he generated 2-3 years ago when Arsenal were in for him. He's the only player that is direct and actually runs at the defenders and his skills are :coma: He already has 3 goals and 3 assists which isn't too bad 9 games in. Samuel has only played 1 game this season and that was on Tuesday against Atalanta and he was actually at fault for the goal they conceded (still would rather play Samuel than that donkey Rolando). It's mainly Campagnaro who Inter are desperately missing.

Fair enough, I haven't been watching them too much only 2-3 games. A lot of it was preconceived from last season wrt alvarez. I completely forgot about campagnaro(forgive me for that :lol:) since I watched the verona match last and he wasn't there. I think that samuel is just as good on his day though, doesn't matter if he's 36 mattheus was defender of the year in germany at 39. The reason why inter's season curtailed so badly was due to his injury.

So would you play samuel ahead of juan jesus/ranocchia? I still think there's a lot of averageness in the team though in midfield but it's great that alvarez is doing so well.
Reply 856

In other news it's looking like a light for Petkovic
Reply 857
Original post by jam277
Fair enough, I haven't been watching them too much only 2-3 games. A lot of it was preconceived from last season wrt alvarez. I completely forgot about campagnaro(forgive me for that :lol:) since I watched the verona match last and he wasn't there. I think that samuel is just as good on his day though, doesn't matter if he's 36 mattheus was defender of the year in germany at 39. The reason why inter's season curtailed so badly was due to his injury.

So would you play samuel ahead of juan jesus/ranocchia? I still think there's a lot of averageness in the team though in midfield but it's great that alvarez is doing so well.

What's wrong with the midfield? Kovacic - one of Europe's hottest young prospects, still young give him time. Cambiasso still a don at defensive mid, experienced leader, organises the team. Guarin is just inconsistent, Alvarez is playing well, Belfodil should be playing more imo he is too sick. Come to think of it now that's about it, no depth at all.

Averageness is in the defence in my opinion. Have no idea why people rate Nagatamo all he does is make the occasional diagonal run into the box. Can't defend at all, never takes a player on cause he can't unlike Jonathan, can't use his pace cause he's so weak and can't cross. Honestly if someone can explain to me why he even plays football I'd like to know maybe I'm missing something.

Juan Jesus imo is an absolute tank. Can be a beast on his day but then he also makes some rash decisions a bit like Koscielny and concentration can be a bit poor at times. Can see him leaving in a few years after being snapped up by a bigger club.

Ranocchia needs someone experienced alongside him to lead him and guide him through the match like Samuel or Campagnaro. Only then will you see the best out of him. Never been a fan of him. Very clumsy and slow. His aerial ability is beasty though. Probably the only good thing about him. :rofl: Then again Juventus wanted him in the summer, so he probably has some potential.

Jonathan has improved massively especially under Mazzari, he was getting bare abuse last season. Gets forward alot, can take a player on, pace and even has a decent shot on him, already scored 3 goals this season - needs to work on his defending. Very similar to Maicon.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Basiji
What's wrong with the midfield? Kovacic - one of Europe's hottest young prospects, still young give him time. Cambiasso still a don at defensive mid, experienced leader, organises the team. Guarin is just inconsistent, Alvarez is playing well, Belfodil should be playing more imo he is too sick. Come to think of it now that's about it, no depth at all.

Averageness is in the defence in my opinion. Have no idea why people rate Nagatamo all he does is make the occasional diagonal run into the box. Can't defend at all, never takes a player on cause he can't unlike Jonathan, can't use his pace cause he's so weak and can't cross. Honestly if someone can explain to me why he even plays football I'd like to know maybe I'm missing something.

Juan Jesus imo is an absolute tank. Can be a beast on his day but then he also makes some rash decisions a bit like Koscielny and concentration can be a bit poor at times. Can see him leaving in a few years after being snapped up by a bigger club.

Ranocchia needs someone experienced alongside him to lead him and guide him through the match like Samuel or Campagnaro. Only then will you see the best out of him. Never been a fan of him. Very clumsy and slow. His aerial ability is beasty though. Probably the only good thing about him. :rofl: Then again Juventus wanted him in the summer, so he probably has some potential.

Jonathan has improved massively especially under Mazzari, he was getting bare abuse last season. Gets forward alot, can take a player on, pace and even has a decent shot on him, already scored 3 goals this season - needs to work on his defending. Very similar to Maicon.

Originally I said about kovacic but that reply never loaded, I believe he'll be great but not ready yet(unlike coutinho but that ship sailed) Cambiasso is still good, not at his 2010 levels but still good. I think I talked about guarin on the arsenal thread lol. Him like luiz could easily be world class if they were consistent but oh well.

I liked juan jesus last season, the first half of last season he was really good till samuel was out injured. But Samuel, campagnaro and juan jesus is a pretty good defence, while ranocchia can be really good as well.

I hope milito comes back on fire though. Nagatomo is pretty dead, decent offensively and that's it. Was surprised at jonathan when I watched him in the few matches this season, maybe the regular gametime is helping him. I can't wait for milito and zanetti to come back though.
Reply 859
The day Cambiasso retires will be a dull and depressing one. :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest