The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Malevolent
Some good buys. They needed a destroyer in there. Need a winger and perhaps one more CM Id say and a fullback.

Yeah I think Sevilla are in a bad way financially. Navas, Negredo and Medel all gone.

Medel is a destroyer. He's one of the only players in the world who can nearly match Ramos for red cards.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CB91
Medel is a destroyer. He's one of the only players in the world who can nearly match Ramos for red cards.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha I was saying to a few people don't be surprised to see him with 2 or 3 red cards this season! :rofl:
Nickname 'The Chilean Gattuso' everything you need to know about him :rofl:
Original post by TheInvincibles14
Nickname 'The Chilean Gattuso' everything you need to know about him :rofl:

Surprised stoke never gave him an offer then.
Original post by jam277
Surprised stoke never gave him an offer then.

There he would just be another prison footballer :tongue:
Talks Mattheiu could be the CB we go for...

Well at least hes 6 ft 3 :laugh:

[video="youtube;1FmyVx0-66o"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FmyVx0-66o#at=189[/video]

Looking at this video Marquinhos looks so good :sad:
Reply 2566
R.Madrid are the guilty party here they are the ones who signed Isco, Illaramendi and other young Spanish talent haha all we signed this season is Neymar :colone:

Haha. True.

But seriously I agree its worrying how many good players from other teams have moved on to the Premier league but just goes to show La Liga is producing foreign players other clubs want. premier league is producing no home grown players that La Liga wants.

Very good point. It does show how good the coaching is in Spain. However, the unfortunate thing is about being a feeder club is you'll never be able to build your strength as club (as you keep selling your best players) to able to compete well in all competitions.

And that is my fear. I cannot really see any Spanish club winning anything in Europe in the near future, apart from Barca/R.Madrid (assuming other spanish clubs don't drop out of the CL group stages into the EL).
Race should be good though between Madrid and Barcelona

Yeah.
(edited 10 years ago)
Jesus apparently because prices are so high CB is not priority for Martino and co...

Just sign Matheiu! Damn it at least he can play right back as well and has height! :sad:

Also Alves with that swag...

Who do Barca actually have at CB lol. Pique fine still a good player but hasn't hit the heights he did when Pep was there. Puyol is very injury prone, not a surprise though has been a class player for ages, think he should retire if this continues. Mascherano is a converted player, he's been good at CB but can be a bit rash at times. After that is it just Bartra with Song and Busquets in emergency situations? :rofl:

And they chose to sign Neymar? With such a gaping hole in the team. Hmm...
Who do Barca actually have at CB lol. Pique fine still a good player but hasn't hit the heights he did when Pep was there. Puyol is very injury prone, not a surprise though has been a class player for ages, think he should retire if this continues. Mascherano is a converted player, he's been good at CB but can be a bit rash at times. After that is it just Bartra with Song and Busquets in emergency situations? :rofl:

And they chose to sign Neymar? With such a gaping hole in the team. Hmm...

Neymar was a pretty big need haha Dunno how you can't see that. Its not like Madrid signing Isco or if they did Bale :rolleyes:

We needed someone out wide who defenders actually fear. Pedro, Villa, Sanchez, Tello all were out of form. Meant just focus on Messi and easy. With Neymar it adds goals and another person who other teams have to fear.

Pique needs someone disciplined next to him. Also since he started banging Shakira his heads been out of the game. Puyol well hes on his last legs. Mascherano works against weaker teams but stronger teams no hes too rash and he still has the mentality of a CDM not a CB. Bartra too raw still and Song and Busquets are not CB's they have the same problem as Mascherano with the problems further exacerbated due to lack of pace.
Neymar was a pretty big need haha Dunno how you can't see that. Its not like Madrid signing Isco or if they did Bale :rolleyes:

We needed someone out wide who defenders actually fear. Pedro, Villa, Sanchez, Tello all were out of form. Meant just focus on Messi and easy. With Neymar it adds goals and another person who other teams have to fear.

Pique needs someone disciplined next to him. Also since he started banging Shakira his heads been out of the game. Puyol well hes on his last legs. Mascherano works against weaker teams but stronger teams no hes too rash and he still has the mentality of a CDM not a CB. Bartra too raw still and Song and Busquets are not CB's they have the same problem as Mascherano with the problems further exacerbated due to lack of pace.

The part in bold :rofl:

So true. Can't blame him though :tongue:

Yeah agree he was a need but so far I think it's just Neymar you have signed this summer? And you got him for big money too. You really need a replacement for Puyol, the defence has been dodgy for a while. Especially from corners this is a problem Madrid suffer with too. I just thought there would be equal intent on getting a striker and a CB. Seems that the hierarchy at Barca once again have a soft spot for the defence.

Tbf defence won't be a concern against most la liga teams. Normally if you concede a goal you'll make it up by scoring three or four so no worries there. Only concern I see is against Madrid and the CL. Imagine the same thing happening against Bayern, having to play Bartra at CB. Definitely need some more depth at CB.
The part in bold :rofl:

So true. Can't blame him though :tongue:

Yeah agree he was a need but so far I think it's just Neymar you have signed this summer? And you got him for big money too. You really need a replacement for Puyol, the defence has been dodgy for a while. Especially from corners this is a problem Madrid suffer with too. I just thought there would be equal intent on getting a striker and a CB. Seems that the hierarchy at Barca once again have a soft spot for the defence.

Tbf defence won't be a concern against most la liga teams. Normally if you concede a goal you'll make it up by scoring three or four so no worries there. Only concern I see is against Madrid and the CL. Imagine the same thing happening against Bayern, having to play Bartra at CB. Definitely need some more depth at CB.

We got him for big money but actually we paid a lot of it in installments in the previous years hence why we didn't spend much last year as well just Song and Alba who were both relatively cheap. We have tried defence but right now Luiz for 45 million no thanks, Marquinhos for 35 nahhhh, Vertonghen for 30 nope. Mangela and that you know we would get absolutely rinsed price wise by Porto. Id rather we go for Zouma and N'koulu but god knows whats going on.

Another big plus is if Martino brings back the pressing. which all signs point to him having done so. I think Vilanova tried to stop that because he would have just been called a Pep "imitator". Where as Pep and Martino are of the same school of thought footballing tactics wise. If we bring back the pressing it means teams don't have all day to just attack us. We're vulnerable to corners but so are Madrid as you said and they actually conceded more then we did last season haha so I'm not too worried.

Its true though, Piques head became ****ed as soon as he got involved with her. Shes a Madrid fan as well so maybe that was the plan? :ninja:

He used to be so good at anticipating where the ball would be and he wasn't exactly a slouch either now he just looks unfocused. Too be fair to him though he has suffered a few injuries.

We need the injury bug to swap to Madrid now its been with us now for 2 seasons its ridiculous.
(edited 10 years ago)

Anyone else do a double take thinking the guy behind em was Steve McClaren?! lol
Tbh if I had shakira I'd have a perma boner. I'd struggle to play football to any standard tbh. The ball watching would be immense.
Original post by jam277
Tbh if I had shakira I'd have a perma boner. I'd struggle to play football to any standard tbh. The ball watching would be immense.

You can **** any lady you like after your career is over bro ! :laugh:

Original post by Aky786UK
Anyone else do a double take thinking the guy behind em was Steve McClaren?! lol

Ahahaha just noticed that! I was too focused on Alves PSY style :rofl:
Bild says we're interested in Gustavo...

Does that mean he goes CDM and Busquets CB or we convert him into a CB? :facepalm:

Reply 2576
Bild says we're interested in Gustavo...

I wouldn't really call BILD a credible source though :wink:
Original post by MarinaBS
I wouldn't really call BILD a credible source though :wink:

I know but its infuriating all this talk about non CB's just go out and get Mathieu damn it :laugh:
Wonder why Scolari is so pissed off about the Neymar thing. Hardly as if we ruined him :lol:
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11827/8872308/transfer-news-esteban-granero-moves-from-qpr-to-real-sociedad-on-loan Pretty happy about this although it will mean less time for pardo as prieto's a starter and markel's the only person that breaks up the play so he's not replaceable yet. Although sociedad need depth anyway if they want to get 4th again. I think their first 11 would beat 16/17 teams out of the 20 but the backup striker's(diego ifran) record is poor and you end up needing to play the wingers up top as striker which doesn't bode well for squad depth. Personally I think they need another 3rd cb and a striker

Latest