The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nickini
If Real keep us this poor league form (and Barca continue smashing it) do you think they'll move for Suarez in January? Imagine the Madrid derby with Suarez there too...

But where would Suarez play? Instead of Benzema? And I read an article discussing Madrid's reluctance to move for Suarez due to his image.
Reply 2941
Abysmal performance. Disappointment all round, Morata definitely needs to start over Benzema. Coentrao was the only decent player, maybe Modric too.
Oh what a wonderful feeling to wake up and and see that Real Madrid lost :colone:
Reply 2943
:angry: :unimpressed: Ahaha
Ath Madrid for the title then? That would be nice for a change
Reply 2945
Original post by Malevolent
Was about to ask how about the defense whats that been like?

Well, there's nothing to expect of course, but comparatively alright. Mascherano continues to be the best defender, with perhaps Bartra second. :lol: Mascherano's injury was somehow a blessing in disguise in the sense that Bartra can prove himself, and so far he's been doing great. Pique hasn't been as bad as it seems, meaning he performed well in most games, but each and every time made 2-3 fatal mistakes that led to either a goal or almost a goal if it wasn't for Valdes. So once Puyol is back, I'd opt for rotating Mascherano + Puyol/Mascherano + Bartra. Pique shouldn't be a starter (which would hopefully get him to improve again).
It has to be mentioned, though, that Barca is among the three clubs that have conceded the fewest goals in La Liga so far. But that's, of course, partly thanks to Valdes's current beast mode.

Original post by Malevolent
So what happened here? :lol:

[video="youtube;FgtXfZxf9oY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgtXfZxf9oY&feature=youtube_gdata&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter[/video]

I don't know really; no one really talked about it after the game until Marca/other Madrid press picked it up... :tongue:

On another note, 21 points in 7 games, best league start ever! And I doubt they'll drop any points against Valladolid. And after the international break, Puyol, Messi and Mascherano should be back, so they'll have full power against Osasuna. I expect they'll enter the clasico with 27 points, which is a good start. For the clasico they'll just have to hope for the best. But given Real's current form, I'm not so sure Real will win this anymore.

And how awesome Atletico owned them; I was actually expecting the referee to "fix" it.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Zürich
Ath Madrid for the title then? That would be nice for a change

It would indeed make a refreshing change, however I'm highly doubtful Atletico Madrid will be able to finish above either Real Madrid or Barcelona after 38 games, let alone both of them.
Hopefully Atletico cant make a proper go of it this season and not tail off like they did last time.

And maybe people will learn to spell Atletico without the damn H in there.
Did anyone see the Atlético keeper last night? What an absolute embarrassment.

Original post by CB91
And maybe people will learn to spell Atletico without the damn H in there.

This is exactly what I was going to say :biggrin:.

Atlético Madrid
Athletic Bilbao

#js
Original post by Wilfred Little
Did anyone see the Atlético keeper last night? What an absolute embarrassment.

This is exactly what I was going to say :biggrin:.

Atlético Madrid
Athletic Bilbao

#js

Marc Bartra :adore:
Wow, Real Madrid get out of jail again with two late goals to win 3-2 at Levante. Very harsh on Levante. It does show Madrid's strength of character I guess.
Dammit Ronaldo. Thought it'd be a draw.

If they lost then it may as well be over for RM this season :tongue:.

Not sure about Atletico. Don't have enough squad strength tbh but we'll see...
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2953
Barca losing
When el-Zhar scored, thought they might be able to see it out but Madrid somehow pulled it out of the bag. Thought Morata took his goal with composure, lovely finish. He seemed to show more than Benzema, surely deserves a start or two. Ancelotti's Madrid taking time to settle but hope he does well, good guy.
Neymar sensational leading the line. :woo:

Madrid almost lost, sigh if only.

Once again Bartra out performs Pique :lol:
Diego costa is currently la liga's top-scorer.....NOT Messi or Ronaldo!!:tongue:
Reply 2957
Original post by economist2
Diego costa is currently la liga's top-scorer.....NOT Messi or Ronaldo!!:tongue:

I think he's going to be Spain's stricker for the world cup... there's a few to choose, but I do think he'll at least by called by spain for the WC.
Original post by GMT
I think he's going to be Spain's stricker for the world cup... there's a few to choose, but I do think he'll at least by called by spain for the WC.

hmmm agreed.He may have a hard time adjusting to tikitaka, as athletico play counter attacking football.
Reply 2959
Original post by economist2
hmmm agreed.He may have a hard time adjusting to tikitaka, as athletico play counter attacking football.

True... however, which other "pure" strickers shall Del Bosque choose apart from him? (Diego Costa)... Negredo? Soldado? Torres? Villa? LLorente?

Latest