The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3400
Original post by bammy jastard 27
Ah man, :frown:

It's a sad day for football. Means Barcelona will finally make good signings.

No, Zubizaretta recently signed a new 5-year contract, so no worries.

This does mean that the castaways Pep and Crujff will be on friendly terms with Barcelona again though, and opens doors for possible returns in the future.
I assume Rosell is resigning to fight this court case surrounding Neymar's transfer which tbf, is probably the best thing to do and return if it is cleared.

Will there be a snap election for his replacement or will his deputy take over? If it's the former then maybe Laporta might return?
Reply 3402
Original post by Aky786UK
I assume Rosell is resigning to fight this court case surrounding Neymar's transfer which tbf, is probably the best thing to do and return if it is cleared.

Will there be a snap election for his replacement or will his deputy take over? If it's the former then maybe Laporta might return?

No, they just announced Bartomeu, the vice, takes over and will stay in charge until 2016. :facepalm2:

It's official now, he's gone. Great to see him leave, but Bartomeu? Not good. That means Rosell will more or less stay president, pulling the strings from the background.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by qua
No, they just announced Bartomeu, the vice, takes over and will stay in charge until 2016. :facepalm2:

It's official now, he's gone. Great to see him leave, but Bartomeu? Not good. That means Rosell will more or less stay president, pulling the strings from the background.

I always got the impression that Rosell wasn't as well liked as Laporta (maybe due to their bust-up and maybe Rosell perceived as the bad guy) and that he was maybe impulsive? Just my reading of it from a distance so probably inaccurate.
Reply 3404
Original post by Aky786UK
I always got the impression that Rosell wasn't as well liked as Laporta (maybe due to their bust-up and maybe Rosell perceived as the bad guy) and that he was maybe impulsive? Just my reading of it from a distance so probably inaccurate.

He was extremely unpopular, yes. He made a lot of decisions that most members thought weren't true to the Barcelona philosophy, such as the Qatar deal, renewing Camp Nou, the Intel deal etc. Then he had a falling out with Guardiola, which caused him to leave, and with Crujff, who is more or less in war with the board now, unfairly sold Abidal, made Valdes leave. The only thing most members respected him for was signing Neymar, but with those allegations, that is history as well.

Laporta wasn't particularly popular either because of his party life and champagne orgies, but he was more accepted than Rosell.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3405
Lord Atletico are boring to watch.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Alexis Sanchez was filthy :coma:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Messi with 36 assists this season. Bloody hell.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3408
Good performance by Bilbao against Atléti tonight, but the missed chances took their toll on them in the end. First defeat for them at the San Mamés. It will be Atléti v Real Madrid in the semis now.

Barcelona conceding after a corner, Adriano with a golazo. Nothing new there.

Original post by CB91

He is turning into a midfielder earlier than I expected, at least in the last few games. Real number 10 rather than false 9.

Thiago's goal vs Bayern tonight was a beauty. :moon: While all of Rafinha, Samper and even Sergi Roberto suit Barcelona better than he does, it was still a shame to let him go so easily.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3409
Original post by CB91

Posted from TSR Mobile

What. you serious?
Alexis Sanchez is the sex.

My god... :rofl:
Reply 3412
Better than his usual outfits tbh
Original post by qua
Better than his usual outfits tbh

hmmm true say.
Reply 3414
Original post by bammy jastard 27
What. you serious?

Obviously no, 18 goals and 8 assists in 22 games this season.

Martino should try out Cesc as false false 9 with Messi on the right as an IF.If it works out with Pedro, it might work with Messi too. Would clear the middle and help break down parked buses. Or then play with a real 9 up front.
Original post by qua

Martino should try out Cesc as false false 9 with Messi on the right as an IF.If it works out with Pedro, it might work with Messi too. Would clear the middle and help break down parked buses. Or then play with a real 9 up front.

According to: http://www.fcbarcelona.com/football/first-team/staff/players/messi/stats. He does.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by qua

Id rather see Sanchez up front. Sanchez has been immense when played up front this season yet Martino still doesn't seem to want to persist with it.
Reply 3417

Yeah, they use a different definition I think. Cesc has 45 assists on there.

Crazy to see this but you can understand it.

This is a great article which sums up their situation perfectly.
Reply 3419
Original post by ra-ra-ra

Crazy to see this but you can understand it.

This is a great article which sums up their situation perfectly.

Feel sorry for the away fans who came from the basque for that.

Racing are in Segunda B? Weren't they in La Liga just a couple seasons ago?

I feel sorry for the players too. People forget that lower division players aren't getting 20k a week.
(edited 10 years ago)

Latest