The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3880
Original post by Manchester United
I still think he can move up a gear. Although, I'm not sure if he will ever get back to his absolute best (91 goals in 2012 was it?).

I agree he's not 100% yet. But showed some glimpses of his old self which he hadn't done since last March really (which was when he picked up the original injury).

I don't think 2012 was his best year though - number-wise, yes, but to me he was better in 2009-2011, when the style wasn't so rigidly focused on him yet. Don't really care about the goal stats.

That said, this February was the best of his career, both in terms of goals and assists. :lol: So who knows that the year will bring.
(edited 10 years ago)
Scrappy win for Madrid today, should have been a lot more comfortable (that Isco miss was tragic).

Still, the unstoppable Castilian behemoth marches on. I cannot wait for El Clasico.
Anyone see Di Maria's first time cross :coma:
Original post by tengentoppa
Scrappy win for Madrid today, should have been a lot more comfortable (that Isco miss was tragic).

Still, the unstoppable Castilian behemoth marches on. I cannot wait for El Clasico.

Both sides missed the final pass today otherwise there would have been a few more goals.

The Classico next week should be cracker.
Reply 3884
Unstoppable indeed if players like Duda get booked for Pepe fouling them & Pepe continues to get away with it. :dontknow:

Also, Mallenco to referee el clásico. Will be juicy.
(edited 10 years ago)
Jesus christ :eek:

I thought Pepe was a clean player!
Reply 3886
Epitome of clean...

Anyway, Deportivo la Coruña have missed the chance to get top of the liga adelante table with a draw against Barcelona B yesterday. Great result for Barça B! Now Eibar should get a 3 point lead today, assuming they'll beat Hercules comfortably. If Depor get promoted again they need some consistency, should manage to stay in la liga for longer than one season for once.

16 points between direct promotion and relegation spots right now, 8 points between relegation and promotion play-offs spots (could be 13 and 5 points tonight). Most competitive league in the world? :moon:
(edited 10 years ago)
Leo Messi equals Paulino Alcántara as the highest goalscorer in FC Barcelona history with 369 goals

Wonder how much he'll finish with.. 500 at least surely.
Lionel Messi is past that now 370
Barcelona seem to batter Osasuma every season at the Camp Nou!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jordooooom
Leo Messi equals Paulino Alcántara as the highest goalscorer in FC Barcelona history with 369 goals

Wonder how much he'll finish with.. 500 at least surely.

Same with ronaldo

He just needs 100 goals to become top scorer for Madrid, he's not even a striker. It will happen in 2 years time.

Not to mention Better legends have played for Madrid rather than Barca, so it will be much harder to become top scorer.
Original post by Pistol 33
Same with ronaldo

He just needs 100 goals to become top scorer for Madrid, he's not even a striker. It will happen in 2 years time.

Not to mention Better legends have played for Madrid rather than Barca, so it will be much harder to become top scorer.

I don't see how having better legends makes it harder? I believe Raul is the top scorer with 323? So nearly 50 less that barca's top scorer.

But yes ronaldo could definitely top that
Reply 3892
People implying that Paulino Alcàntara is not a proper legend :facepalm2:

Anyway, Messi has surpassed Alcántara now and is FCB's all-time topscorer with 371 goals. He's also the first player to score 10 league goals in 2014. 17 altogether.
(edited 10 years ago)

Raul Gonzalez scored 323 goals for Madrid, Paulino Alcantara scored 369 goals for Barca. How is it harder to score 46 goals less?

you're not going to win your claim that people in general don't use logic just by trying to prove to me that you yourself don't use logic
Original post by little_tom
Raul Gonzalez scored 323 goals for Madrid, Paulino Alcantara scored 369 goals for Barca. How is it harder to score 46 goals less?

you're not going to win your claim that people in general don't use logic just by trying to prove to me that you yourself don't use logic

Because football in the early 20th century was harder...LOL. He scored those goals when there was no offside rule.
Reply 3895
Because football in the early 20th century was harder...LOL. He scored those goals when there was no offside rule.

sauce.

pretty sure it's incorrect.
Reply 3896
Original post by 419
sauce.

pretty sure it's incorrect.

It is. When he played for FCB (1918-1927), the offside rule was still the "3 opponents" one (until 1926) - meaning there had to be 3 opposing players between the attacking player and the goal line for it to not be offside. Which means scoring goals was harder back then. Which makes his numbers even more impressive.

But Pistol 33 takes very opportunity to have a dig at Messi, so he probably wasn't serious.
(edited 10 years ago)
Man Pistol your level of retardation is off the charts :rofl:
Guys,I have a question about the famous Busquets dive.
I'm confused.I watched a few videos on youtube and he 'did' get hit on the face by Motta.So,why is it called a dive?Is it because of the sneak peak?
Reply 3899
Jesé looks to have torn his ACL. Worst possible time for that to happen to him, he was just gaining momentum and had very good chances of making the WC squad according to VdB.

Also, CR snapping at Morata twice and now at Isco for not passing the ball to him. So desperate to pad his stats against S04's joke defence.
(edited 10 years ago)

Latest