The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by qua
Real rumours have popped up again & he'd fit into their transfer scheme (even though they don't need him), so wouldn't surprise me if they were intersted. Arsenal are surely in pole position wrt negotiations thanks to selling Vela's clause to Sociedad, but so far I've not seen anything substantial indicating that he'd be interested in a move there (or any PL club). PSG rumours have gone quiet, but Nasser is the only one responsible for negotiations there and he's been busy hanging around at the Roland Garros and now the WC. From what Griezi has said recently I'd still suspect PSG to be the favourite.
Thanks

When/where? Latest news is that Pedro will meet with Zubi & him right after the WC to discuss his situation, so in the coming days. Doubt he'll be sold as he's a canterano, but his situation has nothing to do with Alexis. The only scenario where it'd come down to Pedro or Alexis would be when a forward is signed, which isn't definite. Anyway, it seems Barça is open to sellling him, but not at all costs. What we definitely know so far is that Barto said he wasn't for sale & Barça have already rejected formal offers for him (at least according to more reliable sources). Could be that him leaving or not depends on what signings will be made. Got the impression that he'd want to leave though.

Not sure, some Italian papers (albeit not extremely reliable) wrote that he already had a verbal agreement with them. Also that he wanted to play with Vidal, but who knows if he'll stay. It's pure speculation from what I've seen.

I read some quotes from Lucho about a week or so ago. Surely a forward will be signed though

Yeah, but I was referring to how substantial the rumours are and so far all of them had more depth than the Suárez one. Also with CBs being overpriced Barça have only funds for 1 marquee signing, and atm a forward is not the priority. With Xavi likely leaving I think they'll focus on somebody like Koke and a less expensive forward first, or Marquinhos + somebody similarly expensive (e.g. Pipita). That said, Barça do have the funds to trigger LS' release clause because of the double budget from this and next window (transfer ban), but that'd leave only about 20m for CB signings so it'd probably only be the last resort.

Oh is the transfer ban still going ahead? That's quite funny :lol:. Already talked to you before about how I don't believe a word that comes out of Marca, but they said today that the bite has put Madrid completely off Suarez and, not that it matters because they will know **** all about Barca's affairs, that Barca are open to paying around 60m euros for Suarez (wasn't clear if that figure was with or without a player sent to Liverpool the other way, but they were open to sending Sanchez or Pedro to Lpool too).

Anyway, I don't think Suárez would be an ideal fit at either club (RM or Barça). As for Barça, don't see any issues with Messi at all, but a lot of player roles would need to be adjusted in order to fit him in without sacrificing the stability of the system. You'd need Neymar to take over a more defensive role, Iniesta/Rafinha to be less attacking-minded and a FB exploiting the right side. Could work but not when your defence is already ****ed up in the first place. Much too complicated and doubt it's worth it. I'd rather change the system arond to get the best out of Neymar/Alexis.

Well there's in theory and there's in practice, but rejigging the system might not be the worst idea. Enrique has hinted at doing it anyway.
Suarez officially apologies, which was a condition of Barcas to sign him.

Bartomeu has a press conference on Wednesday and said today, that he will answer questions on transfers.
Graham Hunter on 5 live Sport: "Alexis Sanchez will be gently told 'find the right place to go, we'd like it to be Anfield'"

I know f all about Graham Hunter's reliability but someone else can fill me in?
Original post by dave143
Graham Hunter on 5 live Sport: "Alexis Sanchez will be gently told 'find the right place to go, we'd like it to be Anfield'"

I know f all about Graham Hunter's reliability but someone else can fill me in?

Hunter seems pretty reliable but you hardly need confirmation that Suarez is going to Barcelona this summer. Which means at least Sanchez is leaving and possibly Pedro too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
We better charge at least 30m for him...
Original post by LightBlueSoldier
Hunter seems pretty reliable but you hardly need confirmation that Suarez is going to Barcelona this summer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well, is Balague reliable to you?

That is about Sanchez, not Suarez anyway
Original post by dave143
Well, is Balague reliable to you?

That is about Sanchez, not Suarez anyway

Yeah see my edit. Sanchez' fate is tied to Suarez' .

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah see my edit. Sanchez' fate is tied to Suarez' .

Posted from TSR Mobile

Pedro is a youth product, ever reliable, and a wonderful second choice. Can't see him leaving.

Sanchez will be on his way though, always thought that. Didn't think Barca would make a huge move for Suarez but now that they have, I guess it's pretty much inevitable. At all points last summer I knew he'd stay but this summer, it's different. He's free to go, provided we get the 75m or so that the clause stipulates. I called it straight after the bite; I'm pretty sure that we're going to end up with Sanchez and £35m or so.
Neymar, Suarez, Messi
Iniesta Rakitic
Busquets

****ing hell.

****ING HELL
Original post by dave143
Neymar, Suarez, Messi
Iniesta Rakitic
Busquets

****ing hell.

****ING HELL

They still need a defence.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5750
Graham Hunter is full of crap. According to him Isco was joining Chelsea in 2013, Messi was being forced out of Barcelona every season for 4 years, Messi was going to join City/Bayern etc. Just full of conspiracy theories, plus poor football judgment at times.
(edited 9 years ago)

Posted from TSR Mobile

They could play just those 6 players and a keeper and still win every game 30-25
Original post by dave143
Pedro is a youth product, ever reliable, and a wonderful second choice. Can't see him leaving.

I agree. I could only see him leaving if they really needed money or if he wanted first team football somewhere.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by qua
Graham Hunter is full of crap. According to him Isco was joining Chelsea in 2013, Messi was being forced out of Barcelona every season for 4 years, Messi was going to join City/Bayern etc. Loves his conspiracy theories too.

I read around for a bit just now on him, he has got quite a few things right.

The fact that he's on a Skysports panel puts me off though, and what he's said is hardly concrete or able to be tested anyway...
Reply 5754
Original post by dave143
I read around for a bit just now on him, he has got quite a few things right.

The fact that he's on a Skysports panel puts me off though, and what he's said is hardly concrete or able to be tested anyway...

Stuff he gets from other journos, like Miguel Roco. The rest is often things like this, pseudo-insider behind-the-scenes stories of somebody saying something to somebody else or somebody being forced out of somewhere. Doesn't mean that the general idea (FCB wanting to sell Asexis to LFC) is wrong per se but the story is a typical Graham. I'd still trust him more than Balagué though.

Original post by hello101010
Where will Iniesta fit into a new-look Spain?

Exactly where he plays now, on the left. Isco has hardly been good enough to replace him (yet) and Iniesta doesn't really need replacing either. I think those 2 will be rotated though and sooner or later Isco will take over.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by qua
Stuff he gets from other journos, like Miguel Roco. The rest is things like this, pseudo-insider behind-the-scenes conspiracy stories of somebody saying something to somebody else or somebody being forced out of somewhere. Doesn't mean that the general idea (FCB wanting to sell Asexis to LFC) is wrong per se but the story is a typical Graham. I'd still trust him more than Balagué though.

I got given the name Rafael Hernandez, and then a series of tweets by him today, any info on him?

dw found this

http://www.reddit.com/r/Barca/comments/28ti77/rbarca_how_reliable_is_rafael_hernandez/

He said today that Arsenal had bid for Sanchez
(edited 9 years ago)
(edited 9 years ago)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Exactly. Alba - Pique - Mascherano - Alves looks half-decent on paper but is so shaky in real games.

I'm hugely distrustful of most rumours, but is there any substance to the Marquinhos to Barcelona stories?
Nice to see Keylor Navas finally getting the recognition he deserves.
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest