Original post by Jordooooom
Casillas going to arsenal for free....

Lol

Would be jokes as he's going to be backup keeper. :lol:
(edited 9 years ago)
How will they fit him in?
Original post by swan stardust
James Rodriguez to Real Madrid,that's so perfect!!! :biggrin:

Anything but. There is no way to fit him into a balanced team.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rodriguez would fit in a 4-2-3-1, but that would mean not playing Di Maria, Isco and only 2 of Kroos, Alonso, Khedira, Illara and Modric.
Original post by CB91
Rodriguez would fit in a 4-2-3-1, but that would mean not playing Di Maria, Isco and only 2 of Kroos, Alonso, Khedira, Illara and Modric.

Khedira and Di Maria are probably on there way out anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CB91

The 2 defensive mids will not be defensive enough to balance the team. At the beginning of last season Madrid played 4231 with Isco in attacking mid and it didnt work. Ronaldo and Bale were ineffective so they changed to 433 and it was a lot better. I dont understand why they would go back to 4231.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Undisclosed 15
The 2 defensive mids will not be defensive enough to balance the team. At the beginning of last season Madrid played 4231 with Isco in attacking mid and it didnt work. Ronaldo and Bale were ineffective so they changed to 433 and it was a lot better. I dont understand why they would go back to 4231.

Posted from TSR Mobile

They played 4-4-1-1 near the end of the season though. Ronaldo or Bale behind the striker.

They will lack balance for sure though, reckon James was a statement signing because of Suarez and Rakitic.
A midfield of James, Kroos and Modric and the three up front will tear apart most sides in La Liga but against stronger teams and El Clasico it just doesn't provide enough cover for a already suspect defence. Then again attack is the best form of defence for RM, they can outscore anyone in world football.

It's a luxury signing of course but James is well on his way to becoming one of the most marketable players in the world so they'll make back the fee in shirt sales quite quickly I would imagine, not to mention he'll beast it at the club threading balls through to the likes of Bale/Ronaldo instead of Berbatov.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheInvincibles14
A midfield of James, Kroos and Modric and the three up front will tear apart most sides in La Liga but against stronger teams and El Clasico it just doesn't provide enough cover for a already suspect defence. Then again attack is the best form of defence for RM, they can outscore anyone in world football.

It's a luxury signing of course but James is well on his way to becoming one of the most marketable players in the world so they'll make back the fee in shirt sales quite quickly I would imagine, not to mention he'll beast it at the club threading balls through to the likes of Bale/Ronaldo instead of Berbatov.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Make it back in shirt sales? lol do people actually believe that
Original post by Undisclosed 15

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not saying it would be the best way for the team to set up, but probably the only way to get the best out of James. Then again, when has common sense ever stopped Real from buying someone.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by baconbutty

I don't know where this expression came from. I don't know how much clubs make back from things like image rights, but the notion that a player can make is fee back from shirt sales is absurd.

Pretty sure the marketable aspect had a lot to do with the transfer, especially if you look at the fee. James is not a €80m player right now. With Kroos you already have a perfectly capable #10, there was no need to go for James apart from matching Barca's deal for Suarez. The difference being Barca signed someone they need, someone who's a true 9 and will give them a different option up front. Real have signed a Galactico.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Suarez wasn't the player that they needed.

That was just as much a galactico signing.

They wanted a 9 to handle parked buses. Suarez is not that type of 9. The no.9 they needed already left Barcelona and is currently at PSG.

Also if they want Messi to play in the hole where is iniesta/Rakitic going to play? Just thinking about it. They didn't need Suarez, they just needed a CB and possibly an RB but I don't think Alves needs to be replaced that badly.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by jam278
Suarez wasn't the player that they needed.

That was just as much a galactico signing.

They wanted a 9 to handle parked buses. Suarez is not that type of 9. The no.9 they needed already left Barcelona and is currently at PSG.

Also if they want Messi to play in the hole where is iniesta/Rakitic going to play? Just thinking about it. They didn't need Suarez, they just needed a CB and possibly an RB but I don't think Alves needs to be replaced that badly.

Suarez is a galactico but he gives them a different option and will compliment Messi well. At the WC Messi would draw 3-4 defenders out of position and create space but have no partner up front who could exploit it, Suarez will thrive on this at Barca.

Also rofl at your notion that Ibra is a better fit. Suarez is more mobile so fits into the system better, has a better skill set and can get past his man more effectively and has less of an ego so will harmonise better with the group, which was evident at Liverpool with both fans and his team mates loving him even though he's a crazy mofo. Can still see him biting Pepe in the first Clasico tho :coma:

I have a feeling they'll start of with a 4-3-3 this season due to Neymar not being 100% and Suarez' ban so Deulofeu will probably get some game time. Would like them to try narrow diamond with Messi being at the tip when Suarez and Neymar are back though, would be interesting.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheInvincibles14
Suarez is a galactico but he gives them a different option and will compliment Messi well. At the WC Messi would draw 3-4 defenders out of position and create space but have no partner up front who could exploit it, Suarez will thrive on this at Barca.

Also rofl at your notion that Ibra is a better fit. Suarez is more mobile so fits into the system better, has a better skill set and can get past his man more effectively and has less of an ego so will harmonise better with the group, which was evident at Liverpool with both fans and his team mates loving him even though he's a crazy mofo. Can still see him biting Pepe in the first Clasico tho :coma:

I have a feeling they'll start of with a 4-3-3 this season due to Neymar not being 100% and Suarez' ban so Deulofeu will probably get some game time. Would like them to try narrow diamond with Messi being at the tip when Suarez and Neymar are back though, would be interesting.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Suarez likes to drop deep and create chances for others, so you're going to end up with two players who aren't reference points up top as they'll both drop deep. Suarez is essentially Messi but a few inches taller.

They need an actual 9. Somebody who's got decent Mobility, can hold the ball up and is a reference point. Someone like Lewandowski or failing that an Ibra. Ibra has good link up play and offers them a "plan B" and not another variation of plan A(i.e. Suarez). Would say the same if they bought Wayne Rooney or Aguero.

Suarez offers them nothing more than what Messi did. But I guess if you have two Messi's on the pitch it's only an advantage. Especially as Suarez is so hardworking. Suarez' and Ibra's ego. Well Suarez will get himself banned for a quarter of the season and acts as if he's a victim to the media while ostracising the clubs image. If that isn't a big ego then I don't know what is.

They needed Ibra more than Suarez personally. What does Suarez offer that say Neymar wouldn't in a year or two and is the loss of balance in fitting Suarez, Messi and Neymar in a system while having Iniesta, Rakitic, Busquetts in a system.

I assume they're playing a diamond of some sort. They'll start the 4-3-3 but like with last season, they're going to struggle integrating all the attacking players in the team. I think that Suarez was a statement signing because they knew he was available. I also think that if they're doing a false 9 system with Messi, then they're going to rely on runners from midfield positions, then what is Suarez doing there? That's not his game. He has a good work rate to run onto balls but he hasn't got the pace. they had a good balance with Sanchez there.
(edited 9 years ago)
Lucho will find a way.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Real made back Ronaldo's fees in less than a year just on shirt sales.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LightBlueSoldier
Real made back Ronaldo's fees in less than a year just on shirt sales.

Posted from TSR Mobile

There's a bit of a difference between one of the most marketable athletes in the world and James Rodriguez
There's a bit of a difference between one of the most marketable athletes in the world and James Rodriguez

Young player who was the one of the best players at the WC, not sure about you but that's a lot of exposure and Real will cash in on the shirt sales. There is a difference between James and Ronaldo, but Real will still make a substantial amount from shirt sales.

Latest