The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

apparently dani alves as been poor whats up with him i remember him being one of the best right backs in the world
Reply 681
Real Madrid left-back Marcelo out for 3 months with broken metatarsal according to @Fernando_Duarte
Original post by Aky786UK
Independence will be a long process, they've been fighting for years so it is going to take time. But could have dramatic consequences for the league and internationally aswell. I've always believed that Barcelona's Catalan players, who espouse a diplomatic stance when it comes to talking "passionately" about playing for Spain, might feel a tad more happier playing for Catalunya. But I'm sure they play for a Catalunya side in pre-season don't they, sure they had a few friendlies.

But catching Revista, discussed the Mourinho/Casillas/Ramos beef. Saying the Ramos one was somewhat resolved but the Casillas one is down to possibly him being the whistleblower on stories inside camps. If you look at Mourinho at Chelsea for example, you'd never imagine he'd challenge the authority in Terry/Cech but I wonder what his motivation is. Whether to stir them in action like Graham Hunter suggested or if it's the beginning of the end of his time in Madrid.

Would like to see a catalunya team though, I think the spain team would still be slightly better/as good but would be cool to see how they do internationally.

With the casillas beef, yeah mourinho never challenged the likes of terry/cech/drogba but was able to berate just as loyal players like carvalho. I have no idea what mourinho is planning, that real madrid job is stressful that's for sure but it seems like he's been ready to leave for almost 3 seasons and from day one there's been massive problems at madrid.
The first season he had bad relations with perez which were resolved, the next season he has bad problems with the spanish/portuguese divide. This season the whole spanish players authority, ronaldo problems and I'm not surprised if he wants to leave.

From what I can gather, isn't it a case of perez loves him, the spanish players hate him(although casillas said he understood what mourinho was doing last season in stirring them into action even though there's now a problem again like last season) and I keep on hearing balague say that perez wants him to manage for 10 years or whatever.
Whats up with the sudden heap of praise on Messi. seems like lots of people coming out to praise him more so then usual :confused:
A very long, detailed piece on Real and Barca's finances.

Utterly compelling, as usual from Swiss Rambler. If you don't like reading walls of text just look at the graphs to get the gist of the piece. :yy:
Benzema, Higuain, Marcelo, Coentrao, Arbeloa and Khedira have all come back injured from international duty, and Ramos is lacking fitness. :teehee:

They have no full backs or strikers. :teehee:
Original post by CB91
Benzema, Higuain, Marcelo, Coentrao, Arbeloa and Khedira have all come back injured from international duty, and Ramos is lacking fitness. :teehee:

They have no full backs or strikers. :teehee:

Only fair they see how we felt at points last season :wink:
Great game at the Mestalla between Valencia and Bilbao. The defending has been awful but it makes for really exciting, attacking football.
Unless Deportivo wake up, this could be a hammering. 2-0 up already, Tello and Alba.
3-0 after 17 minutes, all three glorious goals as well.

Edit: Wow they've pulled it back to 3-2, I did not see this coming. Also Valdes is garbage.

Edit2: 4-2 now, Messi and Fabregas combine for another great goal. This game, wow.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 690
VV :lol:
Reply 691
Marcehrano off due to someone overracting. The irony.
FFS, the defence needs to sort itself out. Valdes has been trash, again.
Definitely blood in the water and Deportivo smell it. They know if they've got a snowball in hells chance of beating Barcelona they have to push on. Ray Hudson is a legend.

Cesc has been incredible in this game, he's had three assists in the first half and just put Pedro through once again. Definitely his best game in a Barca shirt.
(edited 11 years ago)
Whats infuriating is that its never a red card thats complete bull**** from that ref and that penalty was not one it was outside the box...

Valdes also what are you?
Just got in. What a fantastic goal. Superb.
What on earth is going on?
What a game!
This team is doing every ****ing thing possible to throw away these points. FFS.
Well, this is something of a game...

Latest