The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Icecream1
I saw a mad stat, that Barca have spent 120+m on Alves, Keita, Adriano, Rakitic and now Vidal, who cost Sevila 13M!

Great deals for both clubs then.
Alves was offered a 2+1 contract but he want more money. Find it hard to believe he will get more at Milan

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jam277
Vidal mainly plays RW though, may be tough to rely on him at RB for a season. I guess Barcelona RBs are basically wingers anyway.

Barca need a fullback who is comfortable going forward as well as defending, as he will probably spend more time in the opposition half than his own. He was Sevilla's top assist maker so he has a good final ball. He should hopefully slot in and do a good job.

It's a similar situation with other positions, GK's for instance. Courtios was touted as a potential successor to Valdes but distribution isn't one of his key skills, whereas Ter Stegen is excellent with his feet and should be Barca's and Germany's GK for the next decade.
Original post by difeo
just banter

Remember this
Original post by jam277
Inb4 Cafu comparisons.

Inb4 crap Flanagan joke
Dani Alves is a massive troll
Original post by Undisclosed 15
Alves was offered a 2+1 contract but he want more money. Find it hard to believe he will get more at Milan

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Zander01
Dani Alves is a massive troll

He is indeed signing a new contract til 2017 with an extra year option. I think the board are willing to pay up after an incredible season and want to be voted back in by having the success and player retention as part of their achievements but I think the socios will see through them.

bye bye montoya and douglas....
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Icecream1
He is indeed signing a new contract til 2017 with an extra year option. I think the board are willing to pay up after an incredible season and want to be voted back in by having the success and player retention as part of their achievements but I think the socios will see through them.

bye bye montoya and douglas....

Montoya to sunderland lads, can't wait!
Well that's a disaster for Madrid.
Brilliant news of Alves signing a new contract

So technically the same first 11 for Barca next season with Vidal replacing Xavi as a squad player. If MSN are on form next season, they should retain the Champions League...

Usually the winners of the UCL has few changes in the first 11 the following season, which could/may explain they find it difficult to retain it? Just a theory.... :P
Original post by jit987
Brilliant news of Alves signing a new contract

So technically the same first 11 for Barca next season with Vidal replacing Xavi as a squad player. If MSN are on form next season, they should retain the Champions League...

Usually the winners of the UCL has few changes in the first 11 the following season, which could/may explain they find it difficult to retain it? Just a theory.... :P

The problem is that there isn't much difference between the top sides in the CL and then if one has a dip for a game, sometimes just one half, they can be dumped out.
Oh Alves you! I thought it was the end for him.

Delighted to hear hes signed for another 2 years. No Douglas and Montoya thank god!
Khedira to Juventus on a free transfer confirmed.
Original post by Zerforax
The problem is that there isn't much difference between the top sides in the CL and then if one has a dip for a game, sometimes just one half, they can be dumped out.

Every winning team needs some luck....like Barca had with opposition teams injured players lol
Do you guys not feel if Bayern had Robbery, things may of just been different?
Original post by jit987
Every winning team needs some luck....like Barca had with opposition teams injured players lol

Agree but what I mean is it's difficult to just be the "best team in Europe" because the gap isn't big enough to the next team and therefore it's hard to retain the CL since luck and other factors come into it.
Original post by AR_95

I think there would have been some difference, they're very reliant on the pair in particular Robben. Not sure if it would have been enough to definitely beat Barcelona but the games would have been much closer than it was. Can't even blame Guardiola for the loss when your two main attacking players are injured.
Plenty of talent to watch out for in the Copa America. Bacca and Vietto are among the most exciting, as well as the usual suspects.
Original post by AR_95

Robbery wouldn't have stopped Messi so Barca would have still won. In the 2nd leg Barca scored with such ease it was ridiculous.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mackay
Plenty of talent to watch out for in the Copa America. Bacca and Vietto are among the most exciting, as well as the usual suspects.

Vietto didn't even make the preliminary squad

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest