The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Yep. Atletico are through, then. PSV won't keep a clean sheet, and I can't see them scoring twice in the second leg.
Ronaldo's not holding back...Shots fired.
Real lose to Atleti in the Bernabeu again! Cholo's team are ferocious and hunted Real down well. James was terrible along with most of his team mates.

According to Ronaldo after the game: "If all players at Real Madrid were at my level, we would be top of the league."

*Grabs popcorn*
Original post by Icecream1
Real lose to Atleti in the Bernabeu again! Cholo's team are ferocious and hunted Real down well. James was terrible along with most of his team mates.

According to Ronaldo after the game: "If all players at Real Madrid were at my level, we would be top of the league."

*Grabs popcorn*

And if everyone at Barcelona was on Messi's level, they'd still be leaders..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by _Dreamville_
And if everyone at Barcelona was on Messi's level, they'd still be leaders..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Exactly.

He mentioned Bale and Marcelo being injured and how he had to play with Jese, Kovacic (who actually didn't play yesterday). It's going to ruin team spirit, in a already fractious dressing room.

He also forgets that Messi was injured for 2 months, yet Barca are still top.
Least we know Ronaldo likes Bale now since he's the better all round player.

Ronaldo still the GOAT goalscorer by a distance.
Messi is a better goalscorer IMO. Neymar will overtake both of them though in terms of numbers
Original post by jam277
Least we know Ronaldo likes Bale now since he's the better all round player.

Ronaldo still the GOAT goalscorer by a distance.

He has an incredible amount of shots a game, sometimes out shooting teams. If others had as many shots as him they would have as many if not more goals.

Messi has a greater goals to games ratio than him 0.79 to 0.67, if Messi gets to the same number of games as Ronaldo, I'm sure he will surpass the number of goals he has scored.

Ronaldo has come to La Liga, Messi has 361 goals to Ronaldo's 347.
Original post by Icecream1
He has an incredible amount of shots a game, sometimes out shooting teams. If others had as many shots as him they would have as many if not more goals.

Messi has a greater goals to games ratio than him 0.79 to 0.67, if Messi gets to the same number of games as Ronaldo, I'm sure he will surpass the number of goals he has scored.

Ronaldo has come to La Liga, Messi has 361 goals to Ronaldo's 347.

He must have mean in the Madrid team, because obviously everyone knows that Messi is the better goalscorer too
Original post by Pimped Butterfly
He must have mean in the Madrid team, because obviously everyone knows that Messi is the better goalscorer too

I hope so....:s-smilie:
Neville's Valencia must have been up for it today but conceded 3 goals in under 10 minutes against Athletic. The match up in the Europa League should be great.
Messi's free kick :coma:
Difficult game for Barca but they did enough to win it. Sevilla were dangerous and Gameiro should have buried his chance. Arda and Vidal were disappointing.

We have some interesting midweek fixtures coming up. Barca will hope to set the new Spanish record for an unbeaten run of 35 games against Rayo in Madrid.

Original post by Malevolent
Messi's free kick :coma:

That Messi free kick was fantastic, hit it into the "wrong" corner. It remindedmeof the goal against Courtois at Atletico.
Original post by IamJacksContempt
Messi is a better goalscorer IMO. Neymar will overtake both of them though in terms of numbers

Yeah. Well not too much in it when you account for team strength and positional difference(United's 4-4-2 in early years) but over history in pure numbers Messi is a better goalscorer(especially around 2011-2013).

Both are pretty consistent over the course of a season(even if Ronaldo loves his hattricks vs weak opposition while Messi is more a score every game kind of player)
(edited 8 years ago)
All 6 of Messi's free kick goals this season have come when Barca have been losing or drawing.

CLUTCH

Posted from TSR Mobile
Shame Neville is slagging off the referee after his team's 3-0 defeat to Athletic Bilbao. They just were nowhere near good enough.

Real are surely out of the title race, but even Atleti's hopes of winning it are remote now. Barcelona are such a special side.
Fun game between Barca and Rayo as ever. Suarez is in incredibly **** form. Messi hat trick without him getting out of second gear.
Stolen off RAWK

The video is in Spanish. Relevant from 6:50 14:10 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvHzg4YMi8Y&feature=youtu.be
For some perspective, “El Chiringuito” is a Spanish show where sport journalists (directors of the biggest Spanish newspapers), retired and current players talk (fight) about the Spanish football scene. Although they have a bad reputation of being extremely biased in favor of Real Madrid and being more of an entertainment show, their information is spot on most of the time regarding Real Madrid. Pipi Estrada is a journalist that has leaked information in the past way ahead it happened @Vae verification? In min 6:50 he lists names of players that would be out of RM or available this summer in case RM doesn’t win the Champions League, i.e. if they don’t win anything this season.

LIST:

Arbeloa: finishes contract and RM won’t renew.

Jesé: for sell but with the option to buy (same as Morata) or loaned.

Keylor Navas: De Gea will come to be the 1st keeper so it´s probable Navas will leave. It´s difficult to bench a top keeper.

Benzema: negotiations with Lewandowski are advanced and the club thinks his time with RM is done. On top of this, Florentino wants Morata back and will give Borja Mayoral (an 18 year old player from their second division team) a chance.

Isco: his attitude outside the field is questioned and has ultimately affected his performance. He´s not the same as last season. The club will listen to offers.

James: same reason as Isco. The club will listen to offers.

Cristiano Ronaldo: has requested Florentino to listen to offers.

Kroos: the club will listen to offers. It has been said he wants to return to Bayern Munich with Ancelotti.

Sergio Ramos: has requested Florentino to listen to offers.

Note that not every player listed is going out, some depend on offers.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Interesting. I could see Kroos leaving, he's been shite. Ramos won't be allowed to leave and I doubt Cristiano will either. Jese and Navas should be out. Then we have James and Isco, probably only one of them will be allowed to leave?
Secret to beat Barcelona, take them to penalty shootouts
Kroos has not been shite. He's been played out of position but when in his proper role he's been fantastic.

Latest