Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jit987)
    He's one of the best in his position....if not the best tbh.
    Its his footballing brain , he seems to lack physical attributes but somehow he can intercept passes, break down other teams attacks like no one else. Puzzling really

Biscuits did earn my attention after the world cup where he did show everyone tbh.

But he does lack strength and athleticism so not sure how he would fare in other teams or league. IMO, Yaya Toure >>>>> Biscuits

Although some of the things that are said there could easily be refuted. Senna was getting too old and fragile despite an successful 2008 Euro so I'm not really sure who else was a suitable option for the national team and he would have obviously worked well with Xavi and Alonso.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S-man10)
    Biscuits did earn my attention after the world cup where he did show everyone tbh.

But he does lack strength and athleticism so not sure how he would fare in other teams or league. IMO, Yaya Toure >>>>> Biscuits

Although some of the things that are said there could easily be refuted. Senna was getting too old and fragile despite an successful 2008 Euro so I'm not really sure who else was a suitable option for the national team and he would have obviously worked well with Xavi and Alonso.
    Busquets was fantastic again yesterday bar his marking for corners. He broke up numerous attacks and he has amazing feet as well to avoid people. However Mascherano has been an absolute steal for us, people said he would suffer at Barcelona but im confident now hes our best defender, hes pacy, aggressive, intercepts numerous passes, good tackler and can ping the ball around. He deserves more credit.

Valdes though again hes cost us, good until that point which is nothing new, he either makes a howler at the start of the game then focuses or he loses focuses at the end of the game. New keeper to provide competition for him, Vincente Guaita or Javi Varas would be brilliant.

Another huge plus is Abidal is back individually training hopefully this is the next step to a full recovery.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johnharris19944)
    Busquets was fantastic again yesterday bar his marking for corners. He broke up numerous attacks and he has amazing feet as well to avoid people. However Mascherano has been an absolute steal for us, people said he would suffer at Barcelona but im confident now hes our best defender, hes pacy, aggressive, intercepts numerous passes, good tackler and can ping the ball around. He deserves more credit.

Valdes though again hes cost us, good until that point which is nothing new, he either makes a howler at the start of the game then focuses or he loses focuses at the end of the game. New keeper to provide competition for him, Vincente Guaita or Javi Varas would be brilliant.

Another huge plus is Abidal is back individually training hopefully this is the next step to a full recovery.
    Do you guys have a keeper in the youth squad? Or you could just buy a like for like replacement with barca DNA to compete who's got a bald head and is another overrated keeper who makes howlers, can't save shots at the near post too, doesn't like balloons though. Guess who? :awesome:

Masch seems to be good against most teams, he struggles against hard man teams with technical target men as a centre back though, He's got very good positioning too, I remember the CL final against united, hernandez was constantly being caught offside and the over the top balls never worked on him.

Anyway, vicky pretty much put madrid back in the tie. Think you'll edge it and it'll be a draw or a goal fest between both sides and you going through at extra time/away goals.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Do you guys have a keeper in the youth squad? Or you could just buy a like for like replacement with barca DNA to compete who's got a bald head and is another overrated keeper who makes howlers, can't save shots at the near post too, doesn't like balloons though. Guess who? :awesome:

Masch seems to be good against most teams, he struggles against hard man teams with technical target men as a centre back though, He's got very good positioning too, I remember the CL final against united, hernandez was constantly being caught offside and the over the top balls never worked on him.

Anyway, vicky pretty much put madrid back in the tie. Think you'll edge it and it'll be a draw or a goal fest between both sides and you going through at extra time/away goals.
    Nope we don't have someone of great ability that can come in and displace Valdes straight away. Right now there's quite a few options to look for but whether we go for them i have no idea. Im pretty confident we can come away next week with something. We haven't lost at the Bernabau for 5 seasons and from the last 5 results there it would be enough to help us win the cup although it is a rather crappy cup.

ReputationRep:
    Good game yesterday really picked it up in the second half, Barcelona could have taken a 4 or 5- 1 lead to the Bernabau.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Barca nearly conceded in 20 seconds. On the back foot already.

ReputationRep:
    1-0 Osasuna. Brilliant goal tbh.

ReputationRep:
    FFS Barcelona.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)
    1-0 Osasuna. Brilliant goal tbh.

Was it not more of a case of terrible marking from Pique?
    That was my two cents xD

(I'm not Alan Hansen in disguise, I promise)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Baron)
    Was it not more of a case of terrible marking from Pique?
    That was my two cents xD
    You can't really do anything about crosses like that tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)
    You can't really do anything about crosses like that tbh.
    Hmm, I did think that the marking was slack there.

What a miss. :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    Oh my ****ing god. It's going to be one of those games. :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    Incidentally, don't Barcelona always struggle at Osasuna? Or, rather, they lost there last season?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingMessi)
    Incidentally, don't Barcelona always struggle at Osasuna? Or, rather, they lost there last season?
    Everyone struggles at Osasuna except for Madrid. Osasuna rolled over for them last season.

Barcas kit :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    Tello has been utter crap.

Tello :sigh:

Interesting change, Pedro on for Fabregas...

ReputationRep:
    That is an atrocious piece of refereeing.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.