Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello everybody. I have recently completed my AS- level and plan to apply for HKU this october. What are my chances of getting into HKU with the following grades in AS:

Math - A
    Physics - A
    Chemistry - A
    Computing - A
    Economics - A

First of all, does HKU accept AS results only?
    Also I heard that getting into HKU is as hard as getting into Cambridge. Is that true?

ReputationRep:
    HKU accepts AS results,they may give u a conditional offer. Your scores are very good!

2. almost

ReputationRep:
    it depends on what course you want to do actually, if like medicine or law related interview may be needed sometimes

ReputationRep:
    Yes HKU accepts AS result on its on starting from 2012 entry, but to be competitive I think you better complete your A2 studies as there're many international schools students in Hong Kong and all over the world applying with full A-levels or IB.

ReputationRep:
    Well I guess your chance getting in HKU is very little as there are people all over the world wanting to get in, all the hong kong students wanting to get in, I'm speaking of my past experience being a hong kong student, it is really competitive.

ReputationRep:
    It also depends for what course you're applying to. A couple of friends applying for the sciences had to get A*s-As in full A levels to get in, while another friend of mine did the AICE (A levels in one year, sort of equivalent to many AS's (1 A level = 2 AS's)) and got AAADUUU and got in for Journalism (offer was BBB).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarj)
    Hello everybody. I have recently completed my AS- level and plan to apply for HKU this october. What are my chances of getting into HKU with the following grades in AS:

Math - A
    Physics - A
    Chemistry - A
    Computing - A
    Economics - A

First of all, does HKU accept AS results only?
    Also I heard that getting into HKU is as hard as getting into Cambridge. Is that true?
    I'm from HKU and hope can answer some of your queries. First of all did you take GCSE? If you did and managed to score a decent set of grades (e.g. A*s, As...) then it increases your chances a lot. It also depends on what course you are applying for as well. I don't think securing a place in HKU is as hard as that of Oxbridge but HKU is highly selective of the students that it wants.

ReputationRep:
    thanks for the replys people, it really helps @chanizst: do you mean IGCSE O-LEVELS cause if your refering to that then my results were : english- A French - C Math - A Physics - A Chemistry - A biology - B computer studues - A* business studies - A*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarj)
    thanks for the replys people, it really helps @chanizst: do you mean IGCSE O-LEVELS cause if your refering to that then my results were : english- A French - C Math - A Physics - A Chemistry - A biology - B computer studues - A* business studies - A*
    Not sure if it accepts IGCSE O-LEVELS because all my friends got in with just GCSE and GCE A levels / IB. Which subject do you want to apply for??

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone. i did a level but didnt get good grades. i want to ask that what are the chances to get into hku with 7 passed ACCA papers. waiting for positive response.

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I completed my AS. I want to apply for HKU. What are the chances that i'll get in? :/
    These are my overall grades.
    IGCSE:
    Physics: A*
    Mathematics-B: A*
    Chemistry: A*
    Biology: A*
    Human Biology: A*
    English Language B: A

GCE AS:
    Biology: A
    Physics: A
    Chemistry: A
    Mathematics: A

And my overall school exam (report card) average for grade 9, 10 and 11 is approximately 93%.

Extra Stuff:
    - Helped my school deliver food and supplies to poor regions of the country.
    - Helped raise money to donate to rural areas on the country.
    - 3rd in an art competition in grade 7 (school art competition)
    - 1st in an art competition in grade 11 (school art competition)
    - I wrote my own book. It's not much actually. It's just notes for AS students of my school. (It's acknowledged by my school)
    - I know these languages:
    =Chinese(Hakka- my home dialect)
    =Chinese(Mandarin)
    =English
    =Korean (i know the basics)
    =Bangla (i know the basics)

I know it's not much... :'(
    I want to apply for the faculty of biology.
    or for mbbs?

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.