The Student Room Group

Not happy with my AS results, any advice?

I got my A level results and I'm very disappointed with them. They are not seriously bad, but I was predicted AAB and I want to get into a good uni next year. I got A in AS maths, two Cs in Chemistry and Physics. B in A level Maths and I've not done any As further maths exams yet. Currently my plan is to retake Physics (lost motivation for Chemistry) and also retake my A2 maths modules as well as trying harder in my future exams to get the grades i want(AAB or AAA).

And I would like to hear some advice whether that's a good plan otherwise I would like to know how to do well and get that A next year with my exams? I was a bit of shock when I saw those results as I always get descent grades in my GCSEs (although they are not excellent, but I got 4A*s, rest are As in my GCSEs).

On the other hand, I know quite a few people from my old school who got significant worse GCSEs than I did, but they ended up getting better AS results this summer. One of my friend from the same school got slightly better GCSEs than I did, he got 4 As in his AS this summer. Now the question is what have I done wrong with my A level studies?

I know I definitely have not tried hard enough this years, maybe I don't have enough motivation toward my subjects, maybe I've chosen the harder subjects, maybe i don't have the right techniques to prepare well for my exams...

Thus, I would be very appreciated if anyone could give me some advice.
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest