Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    You guys are probably sick of these but here goes.
    I was rejected from all four last year, with only two interviews (Oxford and Bristol). Anyway now I have all my grades and given my status as a gap year student, which universities wouldn't look too badly on me.

GCSE: 5 A* and 4 A, with an A in Ad maths FSMQ
    A2: 3 A* in physics, chemistry, and maths, and an A in human biology. I also have an A in further maths AS and a C in general studies A2...

ReputationRep:
    Lots of uni's love gap year students shows commitment . Its really worth emailing everywhere though because some only like people who applied to them the first time round, and others won't accept people who have already tried applying to them before (eg I don't think you can apply to oxford two years in a row though I could be wrong) and the third group don't care either way. As this changes all the time I wouldn't want to give you incorrect information so I really advise you email/phone admissions departments. As far Im aware these unis are ones that don't mind either way: UEA, Keele, Southampton, BSMS...... but theres undoubtably more, these are just ones that I know that gap year friends applied to! Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Medical schools are completely fine with you taking a gap year, as long as its constructive. It doesn't have to relate to medicine (but it may help) and it can just be you getting a job to help fund yourself at uni.

You will need to check with each medical school you applied to as to whether they accept reapplications. Chances are, if you got rejected before interview, they'll be okay to take a reapplication. If you were rejected after interview, it is unlikely - but check their official stance. If you're still keen on Oxford, you should be able to reapply as long as it is at another college to that of your original application.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 19, 2012

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.