The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Cambrian Point, Cardiff

So I'm off to Cardiff Uni! Score! But, what's bothering me is that I'm going to Cambrian Point; it looks really nice, but I hear it's mainly post grad students who go there and people from any of the unis in Cardiff can go there. I'd obviously rather first year students in Cardiff Uni going, since I'll be one of them! Weird... Anybody on here hitting Cambrian Point in Septemberrrr?

Scroll to see replies

Im staying there! dont know which room yet because i only just applied but im going to uni of Glamorgan and i cant find anyone going to my uni thats staying there!!
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Reply 2
Really? Could see you about ha ha! Yeah it's really hard to find people, right?!
Reply 3
I'm going there too and going to Glamorgan :smile:
Reply 4
I'm joining glamorgan in September and living in Cambrian, and that's what i was scared of, that it wouldn't be full of students joining first year. Hope i can still make friends!
Hey :smile: I'mgoing into 1st year in Cardiff uni and thinking of coming to Cambrian, reckon the atmosphere will be good though ? Hopefully it won't be too quiet with numerous postgrad people around :/ what course you doing ?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 6
I'm going to Cardiff University and I'm going to be living in Cambrian point :biggrin:
I've met a girl who is going to Cambrian point as a first year too.. but ive also met a postgrad. I hope the atmosphere is still good though, although Talybont is close by so we could always go and crash their parties etc and then escape to our quiet halls if that is the case! Haha. Either way I'm sure we'll have a great year!!
Reply 7
Just spoken to a friend who stayed at Cambrian point last year and he said the post grads and situated at a quiet part at the back of the halls.. so all the first years should be together in the main part of the halls
Sweet, glad to see outgoing people are staying here then :smile: & definitely good call in terms of crashing tally parties ! Add me on facebook, Eve Thickins :smile:
Reply 9
Hi, I'm going to be a 1st year medic in Cardiff Uni and was allocated accommodation in student houses (with shared bathrooms etc.) which I will probably reject to come to Cambrian Point. If you're staying at Cambrian Point and going to be a first year student in Cardiff Uni you can add me on facebook if you want (Kev Pinto)
(edited 11 years ago)
heyyyyy, i'm also staying in cambrian point this year! studying criminology and criminal justice at glamorgan but yeah i haven't found one single person that's staying there until i found this page but it better be decent there.. add me on fb.. Kyle Doughty :smile:
Reply 11
I'm staying at Cambrian point and I'm going to be an undergrad at Glamorgan :smile:
Reply 12
I was at Cambrian last year, I was in C block and believe me it wasn't quiet! Think all the postgrads are all together in separate blocks :smile:
Reply 13
Sounds like it will be just as fun as the other university accommodation!
Reply 14
Finally other people who are staying at cambrian point! im going into first year in glamorgan and ive moved in living in flat 44 :smile: when is everyone else moving in ? x
Reply 15
I'm not moving in until the 21st, and I think they said I'm in flat 13? Not sure. I haven't received the letter or anything yet lol.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 16
i'm in flat 44, and moving in on the 20th
Reply 17
in flat 33 and moving in on the 20th :smile:
Reply 18
Hellos :smile: I'm staying at Cambrian Point (flat 88 - if that makes any sense) and going to Cardiff Uni. I'm studying Psychology. I know a girl who lives there. She said that she really liked it and so reapplied for second year now. It looks great but I'm nervous about missing proper Cardiff uni freshers x
Reply 19
I'm going to be staying in Cambrian and going to Cardiff Uni too (flat 95.2 ) ! Was looking for someone to take over my contract so I could stay in Talybont but no luck so hopefully it won't be too quiet for freshers !! We'll have to get a party crew together :biggrin: xxx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending