The Student Room Group

Bradford or Liverpool university for civil engineering?

The Bradford course is Civil and Structural Engineering, MEng 5 years.. UCAS code: H291 MEng/CSE5.

The course is Civil Engineering BEng (hons) H200. 3 years.

I am a bit confused as to which one to go for as this has been quite sudden after getting not so expected A level results.

I am looking for the uni which has the best programme and is good for a career in engineering.

Thank you . I'll answer any questions.
As someone who lives in Bradford, I would suggest you didn't come here. It's quite a popular opinion that it's not a great place to be :P
Reply 2
That's the only reason?
Reply 3
Anyone else
Reply 4
Original post by vik94
The Bradford course is Civil and Structural Engineering, MEng 5 years.. UCAS code: H291 MEng/CSE5.

The course is Civil Engineering BEng (hons) H200. 3 years.

I am a bit confused as to which one to go for as this has been quite sudden after getting not so expected A level results.

I am looking for the uni which has the best programme and is good for a career in engineering.

Thank you . I'll answer any questions.

Liverpool has a better 'reputation' but you have to be happy with other things such as travel, accommodation, the city itself etc.
Have you visited both universities and both cities? I'd suggest University of Liverpool as I prefer the city itself and also the university, but as I haven't studied at either university I cannot tell you which I prefer or which I feel I'd do better at.
I think you'd do fine with a good degree from either university but if you can get into University of Liverpool then I suggest that would be a better option.
Reply 5
Original post by HurricaneDominic
Liverpool has a better 'reputation' but you have to be happy with other things such as travel, accommodation, the city itself etc.
Have you visited both universities and both cities? I'd suggest University of Liverpool as I prefer the city itself and also the university, but as I haven't studied at either university I cannot tell you which I prefer or which I feel I'd do better at.
I think you'd do fine with a good degree from either university but if you can get into University of Liverpool then I suggest that would be a better option.

Thanks
Reply 6
Anyone else?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending