This discussion is closed.
......?
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
Do you think that the world would be a better place if it was controlled by one power, which would put an end to wars and would allow for a governmnet to use resources better to benefit mankind and the enviroment as a whole?
A hypothetical example being if the British Empire hadn't collapsed but had kept on expanding its borders until everywhere was Britain and within a few generations everyone would be British.
r316
Report 17 years ago
There would be a very boring world indeed.

Theoretically there may be less conflict, but remember "civil wars"? One sole power would almost certainly have opponents; even if it didn't, disagreements do not always develop due to politics.
VoodooDoll
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
no. it just couldn't work. no one government could be responsible for the whole of the world. think civil war
love_4_ducks
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by silent p......?)
Do you think that the world would be a better place if it was controlled by one power, which would put an end to wars and would allow for a governmnet to use resources better to benefit mankind and the enviroment as a whole?
A hypothetical example being if the British Empire hadn't collapsed but had kept on expanding its borders until everywhere was Britain and within a few generations everyone would be British.
u dont mean communsim do u cos if u do ill shoot u
SHANDY
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by VoodooDoll)
no. it just couldn't work. no one government could be responsible for the whole of the world. think civil war
True say.
......?
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
I don't mean communism, I mean capitalism but over the whole world. There wouldn't have to be a civil war if people could intergrate cultures, which should be easy after a few generations as most people are influenced by what they see and hear.
Mizar
Report 17 years ago
Yea but look at superpowers today. What do they all want? More power! If one person ruled the world what is to stop them from imposing stupid laws like "All People who have a name "Dave", should be shot?" There would be no one to stop them, which would lead to chaos
Mizar
Report 17 years ago
Also there would be problems with nations "Not wanting to be British". Problems such as that in Ireland would appear all over the world and cause general chaos. Plus what would George Bush do if there was no one to fight with?
]{ingnik
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by love_4_ducks)
u dont mean communsim do u cos if u do ill shoot u
whats wrong with communism? have you read marx communism?
Kirki
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
What if the "one power" were not to your liking? Let's say we end up with someone like Hitler or Stalin in control of the entire world, not exactly nice.
]{ingnik
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Kirki)
What if the "one power" were not to your liking? Let's say we end up with someone like Hitler or Stalin in control of the entire world, not exactly nice.
can we step away from communism now? it just happens that some people have messed it up in the past ok? leave it be.
Howard
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by ]{ingnik)
whats wrong with communism? have you read marx communism?
Not only have I read it, I've lived in the post USSR, and seen what a ghastly mess it created.

It sucks! And Marx was a twerp.
]{ingnik
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Howard)
Not only have I read it, I've lived in the post USSR, and seen what a ghastly mess it created.

It sucks! And Marx was a twerp.
naw, marx had the right ideas, the russians screwed it up.
Mizar
Report 17 years ago
There is no room in the world for extremists!
Kirki
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
can we step away from communism now? it just happens that some people have messed it up in the past ok? leave it be.
Um. I wasn't talking about communism. *confused*
Howard
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
naw, marx had the right ideas, the russians screwed it up.
"Screwing up communism" isn't unique to the Russians. The very fact that it's been "skrewed up" by every nation that tried to put it into practice suggests it's a bit of a non-starter.
]{ingnik
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Howard)
"Screwing up communism" isn't unique to the Russians. The very fact that it's been "skrewed up" by every nation that tried to put it into practice suggests it's a bit of a non-starter.
the chinese didnt screw it up, they just had a unique blend of communist policies and facist style. and now they're the fastest growing underdog there is, so watch out.
Howard
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
the chinese didnt screw it up, they just had a unique blend of communist policies and facist style. and now they're the fastest growing underdog there is, so watch out.
They're economically the fastest growing country in the world because they are abandoning communism.
Mizar
Report 17 years ago
But their nation and lifestyle is different from every one else. Thery live a very different life than say Westoner's
Howard
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Mizar)
But their nation and lifestyle is different from every one else. Thery live a very different life than say Westoner's
They enjoy at least one bowl of rice a day.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you prefer to get careers advice?

I like to speak to my friends and family (0)
0%
I like to do my own research online using careers specific websites (5)
62.5%
I like speaking to the careers advisors at school, college or uni (1)
12.5%
I prefer to listen watch videos or listen to podcasts of people in my chosen career (1)
12.5%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (1)
12.5%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise