Turn on thread page Beta

A better world watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    They enjoy at least one bowl of rice a day.
    Howard, forget my disparaging comments about you - you make me laugh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by waiting2smile)
    Howard, forget my disparaging comments about you - you make me laugh.
    I aim to please (though I admit I'm a dreadful shot!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mizar)
    Yea but look at superpowers today. What do they all want? More power! If one person ruled the world what is to stop them from imposing stupid laws like "All People who have a name "Dave", should be shot?" There would be no one to stop them, which would lead to chaos
    It would be democratic and it wouldn't be a superpower as there would be no other powers at all, and countries don't stop other countries from shooting people anyway, and if they did then it would be probably more likely to bring chaos.

ReputationRep:
    but you where implying that we would all be the same, like all British. Therefore every little problem would concern every one!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mizar)
    but you where implying that we would all be the same, like all British. Therefore every little problem would concern every one!
    we are heading towards global unification what with all this integration of politics between the EU member states - all in preparation for the alien invasion no doubt

ReputationRep:
    We already have US cultural homogenisation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jammyd)
    We already have US cultural homogenisation.
    Not completely. If we did you'd have spelt it "homogenization"

ReputationRep:
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA give one set of people compleate control of the world what are you insane think of the corruptuion and decit that would go on think bout the plots and the secret murders.

im affraid communisim only leads to one thing the compleate failure and a very dangerous secret police trying to govern the good of the countrys ( more like the leaders pockets) and another reason that politics fails specially communisim is that the goverment is ment to act for the good of all the people under its control now lets put it this way we are under the communist control of 1 man all of us and very powerful deadly aliens arrive but they atchually want peae would it be in the good of everyone if the leader saw this warship bristlin with guun and blew it outta the sky i dont think so

ReputationRep:
    Not completely. If we did you'd have spelt it "homogenization"
    I spelt it with the 's' to demonstrate my futile resistance. The French are valiantly attempting to keep the Americans away.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anarchy Heaven)
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA give one set of people compleate control of the world what are you insane think of the corruptuion and decit that would go on think bout the plots and the secret murders.

im affraid communisim only leads to one thing the compleate failure and a very dangerous secret police trying to govern the good of the countrys ( more like the leaders pockets) and another reason that politics fails specially communisim is that the goverment is ment to act for the good of all the people under its control now lets put it this way we are under the communist control of 1 man all of us and very powerful deadly aliens arrive but they atchually want peae would it be in the good of everyone if the leader saw this warship bristlin with guun and blew it outta the sky i dont think so
    I think the only good thing about communism was the superb education it often provided. It taught things like spelling and grammar.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jammyd)
    I spelt it with the 's' to demonstrate my futile resistance. The French are valiantly attempting to keep the Americans away.
    Indeed. Resistance is futile. The rebel alliance will soon be crushed.

ReputationRep:
    I think the only good thing about communism was the superb education it often provided. It taught things like spelling and grammar.
    unfortunately neither is often present in the daily copies of the Guardian

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kurdt Morello)
    unfortunately neither is often present in the daily copies of the Guardian
    I'll take your word for that Kurdt.

ReputationRep:
    well if they were complete plonkers (like tony blair) then the living in the world wud b like living in a smelly barn and having people shoot at you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lumpycustard)
    well if they were complete plonkers (like tony blair) then the living in the world wud b like living in a smelly barn and having people shoot at you
    He's not that bad, and he wouldn't get the cance to run the world anyway as they would get the best person out of the whole world to administrate it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silent p......?)
    He's not that bad, and he wouldn't get the cance to run the world anyway as they would get the best person out of the whole world to administrate it
    someone, hopefully, who wud make the world a better palce to lie in.

and he is that bad... sprry to say

ReputationRep:
    how do you judge the best person in the world? You would have dissagreements and probably wars over who was better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mizar)
    how do you judge the best person in the world? You would have dissagreements and probably wars over who was better.
    You don't judge, you vote, this is still a democratic world.

ReputationRep:
    There would never be a majority. There would be too many candidates

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mizar)
    There would never be a majority. There would be too many candidates
    Why not, can you give any reason for this?

Why would you get too many candidates, the number would be whittled down using a system like, but ultimatly better then the US

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.