Should I get a remark? Watch

omgnowai134
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
So, I got my results on Thursday and got the grades I needed to get into my firm choice. But, I was more than a little disappointed by the mark from my LITB3 exam.

I got a C in the exam (81/120) which, while due to my coursework mark being high got me an A overall, I was a little confused as I've been getting 95%+ in all the mocks I did (and trust me, I did every mock I could) and they were all marked by my English Lit teacher who, as well as being the head of English at my college, used to mark exam papers so I was pretty sure that I was gonna do better (a lot better) in the final exam.

I don't need the A* for my university entrance (they already offered me a place) but I guess it's more a personal thing? I worked damn hard for that exam and thought it had gone really, really well.

What should I do?
naman
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
doesn't really matter if you have your place guaranteed.
Rory_M
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It depends how close to the A/B boundary you are. English can be a funny one with remarks, where sometimes they go up loads, but that's rare and the opposite could happen. If you are as good as you say you are I doubt it could go much lower admittedly.

What is your overall UMS for the A-level? A/B boundary is 480/600 or 320/400 (those marks being lowest possible for A).

Have you considered getting the paper back? You can request a photocopy, which they email to you so pretty quick and then if there is something wrong there should still be time for a remark/getting your Exams Officer or Head of English to ring up.

Hope this helps (bear in mind the above is my opinion only obviously - there will be others!).
selena123
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
i got a B in my engilish lit and was 4 marks for an A, would a remark get me that A grade
seanburby3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by selena123)
i got a B in my engilish lit and was 4 marks for an A, would a remark get me that A grade
There is no guarantee that is will; it could go down, stay the same or go up.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1283)
79.74%
Leave (326)
20.26%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise