The Student Room Group

I am so scared I won't fit in at uni

I am quite quiet and I come from a really small 6th form, like 30 students, and I have never fitted in with the party scene although on the odd time I have gone out I have quite enjoyed. I have a place at Kent Uni. I don't have a huge amount of friends now. Is anyone else thinking the same? I am so scared now :frown:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Just join societies and you will make friends! :-)
Reply 2
relax be yourself and have fun. dont look down on things and look at the positives of things. I myself am trying to do the same as i have the exact problem
Reply 3
I'm worried about not making friends, mostly because I'm staying at home (to expensive otherwise) and I'm only 17 so won't be able to go out drinking :frown:
Not everyone parties....
i myself would prefer to chat over a coffee with mates than go out get wasted.

however i can do the latter too sometimes.
Reply 5
trust me so many people think that they wont fit in or people wont like them. My advise is to make sure u go to as many fresher events as possible its the best time to meet people and they will be the most friendliest at that point as they want to meet people too and agree with the above join societies. At uni you really do find people from A to Z. I did feel the same, thought i wouldnt have many friends but in the end i had too many and became quite popular, and remember be urself enjoy it !!!
Just be safe in the knowledge that everyone else is scared ****less too. You'll be completely fine!
Reply 7
Original post by hannahbananah
I am quite quiet and I come from a really small 6th form, like 30 students, and I have never fitted in with the party scene although on the odd time I have gone out I have quite enjoyed. I have a place at Kent Uni. I don't have a huge amount of friends now. Is anyone else thinking the same? I am so scared now :frown:

Join the club! I'm a bit awkward and weird, so I'm not sure how people will react to me.

But it's all part of the experience. I'm terrified, but at the same time I can't wait.
well im 24 and scared everyone will be 18!!
Reply 9
What's the point of being scared.

I am terrified of moving away with absolutely nobody, but might as well do it anyway.
Reply 10
Thanks everyone, I shall keep reading all your comments until I go, 4 weeks today and I will be there :/
Reply 11
Well I'm going to a whole other country, but I'm nothing but excited.
Just dont be a **** and you'll make friends

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by timothytom
well im 24 and scared everyone will be 18!!

I'm 22, so we're kinda in the same boat. What's worse is the fact that I have a full beard, which makes me look about 5 years older! Perhaps I will shave :frown:
Reply 13
Original post by closey95
I'm worried about not making friends, mostly because I'm staying at home (to expensive otherwise) and I'm only 17 so won't be able to go out drinking :frown:

I Know this feel bro. :frown: And all my uni's freshers events are 18+
Original post by Existentialistic
I'm 22, so we're kinda in the same boat. What's worse is the fact that I have a full beard, which makes me look about 5 years older! Perhaps I will shave :frown:

Wish i could grow something. mine seems to be shy of whiskers lmao
Reply 15
Original post by Rotimi
I Know this feel bro. :frown: And all my uni's freshers events are 18+

Exactly, do you have a plan of action? I'm ****ing ****ting myself.
Reply 16
Original post by closey95
Exactly, do you have a plan of action? I'm ****ing ****ting myself.

Well, there's no getting around Warwick's age restriction system :frown:, so i've started getting in touch with fellow U 18s, we are planning to have fun by ourselves since we wont be able to get into other events. Sad, but no better alternative
Original post by timothytom
Not everyone parties....
i myself would prefer to chat over a coffee with mates than go out get wasted.

however i can do the latter too sometimes.

:facepalm2:
Original post by hannahbananah

I'm feeling pretty much exactly the same. I come from a really small school sixth form, only like 30 in my year too. I have a boyfriend and a really good group of friends but I'm worried everyone will think I'm a right bore because i don't party 24/7. Don't get get me wrong, I do enjoy nights out and going down the pub but I don't think I can do it to excess... Anyone else feeling the same?
Original post by lovelydarling
I'm feeling pretty much exactly the same. I come from a really small school sixth form, only like 30 in my year too. I have a boyfriend and a really good group of friends but I'm worried everyone will think I'm a right bore because i don't party 24/7. Don't get get me wrong, I do enjoy nights out and going down the pub but I don't think I can do it to excess... Anyone else feeling the same?

I'm feeling scared too :hugs: I don't drink so my irrational fears are all about OMG THEY WONT LIKE ME CAUSE IM BORING :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending