Co-op bank not doing PCDL for GDL? Watch

JessicaEmily
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hello all,

I am undertaking a GDL in September and I was advised by LJMU that Barclays and the Co-op offer Loans to fund the course, however, I received a letter back from the Co-op stating the loan is not eligible for this course.

Is anyone else having the same problem? I haven't heard from Barclays yet.

Thanks
Norton1
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Taken from the directgov website:

Other times you can't use a Professional and Career Development Loan include, to help pay for:

•a foundation or access course used as a step towards a degree course (however, a stand-alone foundation course that leads to employment in its own right would be eligible)
•the Graduate Diploma in Law (GDL, otherwise known as the Common Professional Examination or CPE) as this is a course that can lead to the Legal Practice Course (LPC) or Bar Vocational Course (BVC)•careers advice or help with job hunting
•the costs of running or starting up a business (for example, marketing or buying a franchise licence)
•a course from a learning provider based in the European Union if an equivalent course is available in the UK
•a course from a learning provider based outside the European Union if an equivalent course is available within the EU (including the UK)
It appears to me that LJMU have misinformed you. Apologies for being the bearer of bad news.
JessicaEmily
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Thanks for your help! I think they may of changed their terms rather then mislead though as i have seen forum discussions on which bank is better to use; I guess the Co-op are clamping down! Do you know if Barclays will do it or will it be the same? I know BPP has its own banking fund, but its 2K more to go there! :eek:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Mon, 7 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (52)
29.89%
No - I got the required grades (100)
57.47%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (22)
12.64%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise