Caledonia Mills? Watch

Fergo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Any other first years got accommodation here? I visited at after going to the housing fair today and was really impressed with it and I think I will probably choose it over halls.

I'd also be interested to hear from any 2nd/3rd years who have already spent a year or so there to know what its actually like.
Catchetat
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
never heard of it but wow it does look nic from the website pictures

http://www.urbansleep.co.uk/stoke_on...onia_mills.php

as it's at the hsing fair it should be quite safe. make sure that the landlords are accredited. and make sure it's a safe place to live e.g. look if the streets look worn down.
greenfly125
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The halls are only a year old. I've heard that its a really close community of people, and you'll meet people in your first year there that you'll probably live with in your second year. I think there was maybe one problem with flooding that I heard about? But that was right when it opened and it was all sorted. The only downside is that its ages from the uni on a bus, like a 40 min ride, and that its expensive.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-B7510
tehmonkey
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Been looking at this, it mentions something about mature students, is it ok for 18year olds? Also is the accomodation mixed with the other Uni's/Colleges or are you designated flats with other Keele students. Looking at other options as I'm getting a bit worried about accomodation!
Fergo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by tehmonkey)
Been looking at this, it mentions something about mature students, is it ok for 18year olds? Also is the accomodation mixed with the other Uni's/Colleges or are you designated flats with other Keele students. Looking at other options as I'm getting a bit worried about accomodation!
The site does say that, but when we went to have a look around the woman said it was a good mix of all years. She did say as well you can specify who you'd like to be in with so like first years, Keele students etc. I'm not sure how many rooms there will be left though so i'd give them a ring if you're interested.
tehmonkey
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Fergo)
The site does say that, but when we went to have a look around the woman said it was a good mix of all years. She did say as well you can specify who you'd like to be in with so like first years, Keele students etc. I'm not sure how many rooms there will be left though so i'd give them a ring if you're interested.
Thanks Got Liberty Court confirmation through today, but will bear it in mind for next year if necessary
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Keele University
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Feb '19
  • Keele University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 15 Jun '19
  • Keele University
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Thu, 27 Jun '19

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (90)
20%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (181)
40.22%
Nope, not that interesting (179)
39.78%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise