The Student Room Group

Oxford medical applicants 2013

Scroll to see replies

the rejection from UCAS was because there was an error at 2 of the colleges at oxford (one of them was lincoln) so whoever got interviewed at these 2 colleges received rejections. This has now been rectified (as far as i know) and the status has gone back to pending.

but yes can anyone answer this query:

anyone happen to know whether a good interview can overshadow a fairly average BMAT? (60%)??

anyone?? :frown:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 281
Original post by itsaboy
Friend of friend at nearby school got rejection yesterday has anyone else got one on UCAS/email? Not sure if in error or Oxford is getting trigger happy before January.

Is the news reliable? Is this for medicine?
Reply 282
Original post by RogerFrost
the rejection from UCAS was because there was an error at 2 of the colleges at oxford (one of them was lincoln) so whoever got interviewed at these 2 colleges received rejections. This has now been rectified (as far as i know) and the status has gone back to pending.

anyone happen to know whether a good interview can overshadow a fairly average BMAT? (60%)??

Error of getting an interview?
Reply 283

Better than 1/3 chance if you have 100% A* GCSE. Just a guess based on last years statistics.
Reply 284
Hi! I've got an important question to those of you interviewed at ST HILDA'S.
In the emails, they asked to bring passport sized photos and give them to the interviewers. I had them with me, but totally forgot about them during the interview. Did they asked any of you for them? Now I'm freaking out that I'll get rejected because of some photos :/
Please calm my nerves and tell me you did not give the photos either...
Original post by itsaboy
Better than 1/3 chance if you have 100% A* GCSE. Just a guess based on last years statistics.

I have 100% A* GCSE, but do they even look at that now?
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by meisadam
Hi! I've got an important question to those of you interviewed at ST HILDA'S.
In the emails, they asked to bring passport sized photos and give them to the interviewers. I had them with me, but totally forgot about them during the interview. Did they asked any of you for them? Now I'm freaking out that I'll get rejected because of some photos :/
Please calm my nerves and tell me you did not give the photos either...

I didn't get interviewed by St Hilda's, but instinct tells me they will almost definitely NOT judge you just because you forgot to give them a photo! Don't worry :biggrin: I reckon they asked for photos so when they were reviewing candidates they could put a face to the name to make life easier. It would be silly if they judged you on whether you gave them a photo or not, and I'm fairly certain other people will have forgotten too. Don't stress too much :smile:
Reply 287
Original post by salsharifi
I didn't get interviewed by St Hilda's, but instinct tells me they will almost definitely NOT judge you just because you forgot to give them a photo! Don't worry :biggrin: I reckon they asked for photos so when they were reviewing candidates they could put a face to the name to make life easier. It would be silly if they judged you on whether you gave them a photo or not, and I'm fairly certain other people will have forgotten too. Don't stress too much :smile:

One of my interviewers took a photo of me on his camera phone to remember my face... think I woud have preferred passport photos!

How do you know this?

And I imagine it could :smile:
Original post by NinjaNerdfighter
How do you know this?

And I imagine it could :smile:

I got "rejected" and called and asked and they said what had actually happened!
I got "rejected" and called and asked and they said what had actually happened!

I see. That must have been pretty distressing for you :-/
Original post by NinjaNerdfighter
I see. That must have been pretty distressing for you :-/

Did you not get any emails via ucas or oxford?!?! :eek:
Original post by bectabex
One of my interviewers took a photo of me on his camera phone to remember my face... think I woud have preferred passport photos!

That happened to me as well :smile: it was really odd, I didn't know what facial expression to pull so i did a weird sort of half smile... he reassured me the pics would be "destroyed" afterwards though
Can anyone explain to me what does a Bmat score of 58 means?
I mean how much is it in terms of Bmat section 1,2 and 3 score? Thank yu so much :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 294
Original post by Gelley
Had the colleges seen our GCSE data before the interview, or was that kept blind like the BMAT?

They definitely had access to that - I was questioned about why I hadn't acheived an A* in English Language instead of an A.
Reply 295

Old story but still interesting:confused:.
Was the other collage St Hugh's, Keble or UC does any body know or had the false regection from any other than Lincoln?
Original post by itsaboy
Was the other collage St Hugh's, Keble or UC does any body know or had the false regection from any other than Lincoln?

I don't know mate. did you receive one? when i called they said other colleges were affected too (in fact i think they said only one other college was affected apart from Lincoln) :s-smilie:
Original post by itsaboy

I got a false rejection too, I was interviewed at Pembroke and Lincoln and Pembroke was my college of choice
Reply 298
Original post by salsharifi
I got a false rejection too, I was interviewed at Pembroke and Lincoln and Pembroke was my college of choice

Lincoln is definitly one. Is there any one with a false rejection with St Hugh's
and not Keble or the other way Keble and not St Hugh's?
Original post by ogioh
Hey there.

I'm still possibly thinking of applying here. However, GCSE are 6A*s 4As B, the main issue is with the B though. It was in Italian which I did in one year during year 11. I wanted to drop it but wasn't allowed after I was entered. Anyways, even disregarding that I'll still have to rely on BMAT for an interview.

Just looking to know if anyone has any thoughts on how that B will affect my application.

Oxford look at A* GCSE percentage, with most who get interviewed having a 80+ A* %

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending