Confused with WJEC Grade Boundaries Watch

LouiseTaylor__
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
So I'm really chuffed with my AS results this summer, all the hard work paid off! I was just wondering if anyone could help me with working out how low or high my grades were. I may need an A* for university, so I'm just wondering how close I was to the A grade boundaries and I can't seem to work out the WJEC system.

My results were:

Business Studies BS1 - 67 marks - A
Business Studies BS2 - 98 marks - A
Psychology PY1 - 73 Marks - A
Religious Studies RS 1/2 - 80 marks - A

Would really appreciate any help, thanks!
Data
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by LouiseTaylor__)
So I'm really chuffed with my AS results this summer, all the hard work paid off! I was just wondering if anyone could help me with working out how low or high my grades were. I may need an A* for university, so I'm just wondering how close I was to the A grade boundaries and I can't seem to work out the WJEC system.

My results were:

Business Studies BS1 - 67 marks - A
Business Studies BS2 - 98 marks - A
Psychology PY1 - 73 Marks - A
Religious Studies RS 1/2 - 80 marks - A

Would really appreciate any help, thanks!
All your AS are out of 200UMS and involve 2 units (you've not mentioned them all).

160 - A
140-159 - B
120 - 139 - C
100- 119 - D
80 -99 - E
<80 - U.

For an A( you need at least 320/400 across the whole A level and at least 180/200 from the A2 units.
LouiseTaylor__
Rep:
?
If it helps my cash-in grades were..

Business Studies - 165 - A
Psychology - 186 - A
Religious Studies - 164 -A

I'm more concerned about individual modules that I took in the summer though rather than the actual cash-in because I'm happy with the marks I received in January.

I'm still really confused!
Data
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

Psychology - 186 - A

I'm more concerned about individual modules that I took in the summer though rather than the actual cash-in because I'm happy with the marks I received in January.

UMS Grade boundaries are always the same for all A level exams, >=80% = A, 70-79.9% =B etc. You just need to know what the max UMS for each paper is, and since you haven't said which exam board you are doing, we can't help.
LouiseTaylor__
Rep:
?
Sorry my exam board is WJEC, hence why the title of this thread is 'Confused with WJEC Grade Boundaries'. I've been looking at the WJEC website for max UMS but I can't seem to find them.
madders94
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
WJEC don't release grade boundaries afaik.
LouiseTaylor__
Rep:
?
Ah well that's frustrating. Thank you anyway!
Jozzers
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

Psychology - 186 - A

The maximum UMS for the subjects you're taking for the whole AS is 200. At least 80% (ie at least 160/200) of the total UMS is always needed for an A at AS.

Try looking at the specification of each subject to see what the maximum UMS for each module is. (Specifications can be found on the WJEC website: find the relevant subject using the drop-down menu on the front of the home page, and then you should be able to find it in the 'Documents' section.)

Edit: I've found the max UMS marks for you: BS1 = 80, BS2 = 120, PY1 = 80, RS1 = 100, RS2 = 100. (80%+ is needed for an A.)

If you're interested, raw mark/UMS conversion tables can the found here.

Well done on your results.
Data
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Sorry my exam board is WJEC, hence why the title of this thread is 'Confused with WJEC Grade Boundaries'. I've been looking at the WJEC website for max UMS but I can't seem to find them.
Sorry - I tend to ignore that and read the post. My mistake, but someone else has answered now.
Miracle Day
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by madders94)
WJEC don't release grade boundaries afaik.
They have this year. Click on Psychology GCE page on the WjEC website and there'll be a link to the boundaries
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (149)
27.54%
No (392)
72.46%

Watched Threads